PerkinElmer Employee Reviews

Amazing Work Environement
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, California, USDecember 9, 2018
Perkin Elmer was an all around excellent company. They took excellent care of all their employees. The work environment was definitely a positive and motivational one which made work all the less stressful. Ultimately, I have only good things to say about this company. Great management, great benefits, great people.
productive, advanced work place
Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  Salem, MANovember 23, 2018
good company to work for regarding company environment. very collaborative atmosphere advanced equipment which makes working enjoyable on top of a competitive salary.
A Learning experience
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelton CtNovember 8, 2018
Keeping the workforce informed. Supplied with the proper tools,
equipment and training . Attending Meetings
Making sure Production plan is met.
Balancing the workload.
Keeping the internal and external Customers Happy.
Learned about lean flow Manufacturing, 5 S and Kan Bans.
Hardest part was keeping up with all of the meetings.
It was satisfying solving Internal and external Customer problems.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Free coffee, Gym
Non employee focused
Sr. Administrative Assistant & EH&S assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time at PerkinElmer, although management and human resources had their own agendas, which made it very difficult for our operations groups to focus on QA
Pros
interdepartment functions
Cons
to many meetings, management finger pointing
Awesome place to work
Global Supply Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Perkin Elmer. I had numerous professional growth during my stay. The only reason I left, I had another position that paid more money.
fun place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working with this company even though I had to commute. I liked my co workers and i didn't mind working overtime. I like my supervisor and manager.
Great company to work for, if you like being challenged
Senior Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2018
I have been a OneSource Employee for many years. Yes, as many have said companies change things, over time but that is life. Life at Perkin Elmer is what you make it. If you want to be a great engineer, then be it, and you will never have an issue with your customer or leadership team. If you, choose to be a less then stellar employee then this is not the place for you. You work for the best, always do the best thing for your customers and company, and you are set for life. Self made people, who have values are what make us a company, that I am proud to work for. Work hard, and smart and enjoy life at PE
Pros
Take care of customer and company and life will be grand
Cons
Would like if they kept lunches, but it 2018.
Good work life balance
Software Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 4, 2018
Its a good place to start your career with. People are helpful and you can learn a lot. Management is bit dull. Overall benefits and good compensation will keep you intact.
Great Team
Software Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 27, 2018
Working in the Product Support group, I learned and was trained to work as a customer service representative, helping out our clients with the software. I always went to training and learned to write the knowledge database for the product software.
Pros
Excellent training sessions and opportunities
Cons
N/a
This company was founded in the 1930s... and it shows.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 15, 2018
People keep largely to themselves, there is no culture to speak of, poor management. Everyone works at their desks. On-boarding was very poor, was on my own hunting down answers for everything.
No manager with any clue
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAAugust 13, 2018
Always people leaving, bringing in temps and don’t train. They put people in positions with no idea how to do what they were hired for. HR just attacks people on the floor , and the buildings are management heavy.
Great Aerospace Environment with lots of opportunity to learn
Account Manager-Pneumatics (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJune 26, 2018
They gave classes on CPR, blue prints and various information.
Gave a week off during shut down for 4th of July weekend.
Management eager to help , very professional and helpful.
Learned a wealth of information about couplings and parts
Pros
Informative and Professional
Cons
shut downs without pay
Learn a lot
Senior Cleanroom Technician (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTJune 11, 2018
Used to be great.Has changed after new management took over. Strange things are happening, people are friendly but sad recently, there is nothing hard to learn as long as You want to.
benefits
Cons
bad healthcare
great place
Project Coordinator Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2018
I loved working for this company and always will have a dear place in my heart. I learned so much working here and also was able to move on up in the company without feeling like I had to leave the company to do so. The work environment is so relaxing and fun, made awesome friends that tuned into family.
Pros
free lunches, great pay, traveling
Cons
working remotely
good company
Senior Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Flanders, NJJune 2, 2018
Company is no longer around and has not been for years so writing this is really serving no purpose.

There should be a way that you do not have to review all of these old companies.
I loved. It
Contract Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMay 27, 2018
Loved the job the people. The opportunities it bought. if i Didn't have to relocate to due to my ill mom i would have stayed. The managers team leader's co workers across the company was awesome i loved them they. Treated me well we had a common goal and together fulfilled it
Very clean and pleasant place
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMay 21, 2018
Liked going to work everyday. Hated the commute on 15 and 8.Worked through a temp service. As a temp, I had no benefits but I didn't care. Lunch area is the best anyone could expect.
Pros
Clean with nice co-workers
Cons
Outsourcing many parts and equipment to far East.
excelente ambiente laboral
Maximo Administrator (Current Employee) –  Juncos, PRMay 16, 2018
dia bien agitado con diversas situaciones
jefes accesibles
diversas culturas
It wasn't great working for my group but PerkinElmer might be a good company if you are working in other departments
Sr. Consultant, Informatics Services (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 27, 2018
Informatics Services is run like a consulting company (Like Deloitte or Accenture). So, it's all about billing hours and your work hours are heavily scrutinized (Timesheets are very excruciating and mandatory in my group). Since it is like a consulting shop, there is no concept of collaboration among employees and it's all about how fast a new employee is billable. There is huge variability in the amount of work from one week to the next and depends on how many projects you have, which depends on your skill/experience level in PKI Informatics products. You could be working on international projects and this leads to odd working hours sometimes.
It's good if you have lots of the right kind of IT and/or scientific skills beforehand. The company culture is outdated and it's all work and no fun. Also, most of your team members are in different geographical locations and this leads to no face-to-face interaction or camaraderie.
It's not a company for new graduates or younger generation folks who are used to a hip, fun, collaborative culture.
Pros
Competitive benefits, quarterly bonus, flexibility to work from home and from any geographic location
Cons
Company culture, management
Job as Global DC Planner
GLOBAL DC DEMAND PLANNER - (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTApril 27, 2018
As a contractor, I thought I would be there for 18 months, hired for a project to reduce customer order fulfillment from 18 to 2 days, for all the different areas of the P&E business, with one of the main areas being global distribution planning, US, EU, Asia, for the VERY short time, I was there (3 months), I thought we had made good progress in terms of material availability, and on time time delivery, at least that is what my manager told the team, I was working with. He gave me very little training, if any, and was always behind in his responsibilities as a manager, and I performed well, at least that what I was told. I had access to work from home, which he did not like.There were two situations, one weather conditions in CT, and I was not feeling well one of those days. I worked from home and told him after the fact and completed all necessary work on those days. I showed up at the job the following week, next thing I know my employment ended, without any previous discussion or understanding of what the problem was. I still do not understand what happened.... I was told by my agency it was "lack of work".
Pros
Good office environment
Cons
lack of communication with my manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PerkinElmer. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight