Perkins Coie Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Once upon a time...
Legal Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 22, 2018
Once a great place to work with a family/community attitude and a purpose. Changes made on the corporate level over the past 2 years standardizing all 14 offices under one system (regardless of difference in size and department operations), have wiped away the individual qualities of and contributions of staff. Although, published on many lists, it is NOT one of the best places to work in the US. This is PR spin. It is drastically understaffed and morale is low with mid-and long-term employees leaving, many not ever wanting to work in a law firm again. Management does not care about its success on a human level but in how much money the firm can bring in.
Pros
Good healthcare plan, firm events (if you ever have time to attend)
Cons
Too much work and long days. Lack of adequate staff. Lost culture. Low pay for industry.
I do not wish to share
Legal Practice Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 4, 2018
I learned a lot about myself while working at Perkins Coie. I'm much more willing to take on different tasks than others and I consistently volunteer to help.
Pros
Happy Hours Monthly
Cons
Not flexible work schedule
Stepford Culture
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2018
The firm has a reputation that it is one of the best places to work, but requires politeness regardless of circumstance. Bad ideas from the top always take precedence over good ideas from anyone else.
The work can be overwhelming
Record Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 14, 2018
The Management and staff were horrible, but got along with some Attorneys. I learned how to download information, and able to burn the CD. There were a gym, so I was able to work-out
Pros
Gym, Public transportation discount, Some free lunches, and wellness program
Cons
Staff are mean
A nice laid back place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 14, 2018
The workplace culture at Perkins Coie is great, I am surrounded my lawyers all day. The knowledge they share is amazing. The environment is relaxed and friendly.
Nice company to work
Legal Practice Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2018
Excellent benefits package. Was a very family oriented type firm but because of growth is becoming more corporate like and losing that midwest atmosphere.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Becoming more corporate like
Insufficient man power to cover work load
Assistant Site Manager, Ricoh (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 13, 2018
The company has cut employee numbers reduced staffing by 30% while increasing the workload by almost 40%. The staff are very hard working and do their best, but have a difficult time covering the work flow.
Pros
Hard working employees
Cons
Not enough employees to cover the workload.
Great work environment
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 13, 2018
This is a great place to work and thrive. Everyone is very nice. The only reason I left my position is I had to move across country. I would recommend 100%.
Great company, great culture
IP Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 1, 2018
a great, forward-thinking company. Harder to be there as a young person but thats changing. Really nice, caring, respectful coworkers. Great managers. They dont overwork you
A nice place to work
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2018
I had a really nice experience working at Perkins Coie, as this was my first job out of college. I met very nice people and learned a lot from my colleagues.
One of the Best Places to Work winner (and it really is.)
Executive Assistant to Partner (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 17, 2018
Best place I ever worked. Best temp job ever, They go out of their way to treat employees well, They say they have a "no jerk policy" and they mean it. Lots of perks and ever changing employee engagement.. Fast paced environment but there were always pop up surprises that showed they valued you.
Pros
Lots of free lunches, parties, dress down days, free drinks including soda.
Cons
like any place there are a few attorneys with rough edges, But HR knows who they are and monitors it.
Productive and busy environment
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2017
Working at Perkins Coie in the Political Law Department was a busy, fast paced, but friendly environment. Workplace culture was friendly and team oriented, which made workload demands easier to manage.
Perkins Coie
Ricoh USA- Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2017
Great place to work at. Good people to work with and for. you can learn a lot about doing legal copy jobs.
A typical day is, mail runs (5 of them) changing toners, and clearing paper jams.
Pros
good food from meetings
A great Company
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2017
I had a great experience with this company it would be a honor to work for them again. I had no complaints what so ever! The atmosphere was great Perkins treats their employees with respect.
When I started here, had a small firm feel though it was very large. Not the case anymore, sadly, feel more like a number, disposable.
Legal Practice Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2017
Overall, great firm to work for. Wonderful co-workers and most attorneys. Great benefits & pay. Management seems to let partners get away with a lot of things that are clearly no nos in the firm manual. The firm used to have more functions for staff, to build up moral, etc but have gotten away from that in the last 2 years.
Pros
Awesome benefits & pay.
Cons
Pto time includes any sick time. Be careful if you get assigned to an attorney who is not a good fit, you will be stuck.
Fun to work every day
LEGAL PRACTICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 28, 2017
I enjoy coming to work every day and feel like my work is appreciated. I feel like what I do matters and that I am a part of a team. If there are issues we discuss it like adults
Perkins Coie
Operation Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2017
It was a great experience with the employee's and management. I learned a lot from that company on how to conduct business. I enjoyed my time at that company. To this day I am still friends with a lot of my old co-workers.
Pros
working with pleasant employees
Cons
working downtown DC
Excellent work place
Lead Conference Attendant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 15, 2017
If the company would have not outsourced my position I would still be employed with them. While employed for Perkins I was well taken care of. Great Benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Very fast paced
Extremely large law firm.
Legal Secretary/Political Law (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 22, 2017
I knew one of the management team members before starting and found that she was untruthful with me which translated into a very poor salary and job duties. I would never go back to this firm.
Pros
None.
Cons
Poor salary, poor management.
Family oriented law firm
Legal Practice Assistant - IP Group (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 11, 2017
Family oriented law firm. Great workplace culture and professional management style. Typical work day is 8 hours. I enjoy coming to work daily. Everyday is a learning moment.