Perkins Restaurants & Bakery Employee Reviews

Found 1,476 reviews matching the search See all 1,559 reviews
Awesome place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  New Ulm, MNMarch 23, 2019
While serving jobs are seldom easy, working here made it worth it! The staff was truly one big family, and the customers were wonderful as well. Great work environment!
It's okay
cashier, baker, prep person and server (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 21, 2019
It's a good starter For being a server but the work environment is poor, fellow employees arent always on time ecspecially open morning manager. Who has been late to work 2 hours
Horrible
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 20, 2019
They ask for your life spending 70-80 hours a week still wasn't enough the back stabbing is terrible and your word means nothing should have never left I hop to come here what a mistake my DM was great she deserves a medal for all she puts up.
Pros
customers and staff
Cons
upper management could care less all about selling more
Productive place, fast paced
Server (Current Employee) –  Forked River, NJMarch 19, 2019
This job is one that will keep you on your feet. Whether busy or slow, there is always something to do. On a busier day we all help each other out to make sure the customers are satisfied. On a slower night or morning, we will work in the back to keep up on tasks.
Great college job
Busser (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHMarch 19, 2019
I've been working at Perkins since August of '18; I applied there because I needed a part time job while I was in school. It's part-time work and the pay is decent. You start to get to know the people there as well as customers so it becomes like family or second nature. I'm glad they worked around my school schedule for me so I could finish my schooling.
Pros
good pay, flexible environment
Cons
no benefits, schedule shifting depending on time of year
the customers and the work were subpar with bad pay.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAMarch 18, 2019
If you work first shift you’re okay but servers stuck on dinner never make enough tips and only select people get to work breakfast. The management isn’t the best and the restaurant was over all dirty. Some of The cooks didn’t wear gloves or wash their hands and a lot of the place was falling apart.
Pros
Reduced food, coworkers.
Cons
lots of side work, not enough pay, long hours, no breaks, bad management.
fun place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 18, 2019
fun place to work at but hard to advance. most of the people there have been there for years so its hard to move up in the company as most the positions are filled or there is no want to fill them. since most of the people there have been there for years the store is run off popularity.
Fun Work Place
Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COMarch 17, 2019
It was a fun and amazing job but was very sad to leave it due to new management and how they started treating their workers. The new management was unfairly given and was gonna stand with my old manager and leave.
Pros
Free Lunches, disscounts for my family and I.
Very good
Server (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 15, 2019
They were very nice, they always had a smile on there face they always wore the right uniform and when something happened with your meal or anything else they took care of it for you immediately
workplace culure
SERVER/MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 13, 2019
Overall the internal employees are helpful and encouraging, Management team is mainly good, however movement in management may be helpful. too long in the same role.
Owner is uninvoloved with employees didn't even know my name. And I was management. never saw corporate
Pros
co-worker, good income for no education
Cons
dead end job
Great place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 11, 2019
Great people. Great place. Loved it. Got tips. Good straightforward training. Understanding management. Good experience. 10/10. Would recommend. 👍👍🤙
Scheduling
Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 8, 2019
I had wanted to work part time on weekends. Was looking for like 10 hours a week. (5 hours Saturday and then 5 hours Sunday) However I was only put on 4 hours on Sunday. That isn't what I wanted. Then I went on a vacation for a week, got it approved, got told to let the manager know when I was back to be put on the schedule. Called 4 different times to let the boss know I was back and would like to be put on the schedule again but everyone I talked to said the boss wasn't there and that they would let her know. Never got a phone call back to start working again. Haven't been back there since.
Fun place to work
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMarch 6, 2019
I was a cook, I would work around 3-4 hours a day. It was mostly pretty laid back and relaxing but stressful at times. I really enjoyed the cooking and the people I worked with.
No complaints
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLMarch 6, 2019
Decent job decent people decent style not that bad of a work force/environment only wish they actually paid more and gave out raises and benefits other than that no issues
Nice place to work
Host (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNMarch 5, 2019
It is a great learning experience. I work on weekends, Sunday morning, in particular, are very busy. I learn how to multi-task during peak times. During peak times, it is very busy, however, it makes the time go by faster.
Place is falling apart.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Apalachin, NYMarch 3, 2019
So many people have quit in the past 2 months because of checks bouncing and we have been getting paid out of the register. Management is not professional at all! I have had to hassle them just to get my paycheck.
Pros
Discounted food, free fountain drinks.
Cons
Poor management, bouncing checks, paid out of register (illegal).
slow low paying
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMarch 2, 2019
slow, low paying. many slow days some days i would go into work for 6 hours and take home $15.00. not very engaging, management was hypocritical, they spent most of their shift on their phone didnt allow others to go on theirs.
lovely people
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNFebruary 27, 2019
Every person was helpful, friendly, and patient. It was a good environment to work and grow. They do promote within if you show that you want it and that you can do a good job.
Pros
Environment
Cons
short breaks
Good job
Busser (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAFebruary 27, 2019
Love my job here but i put my notice when my boss refused to let me leave on easter. I worked over time he asked me to stay until 7 i did when it was time to leave he refused asked me to stay until 10.
it was ok
Line cook for breakfast, lunch (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDFebruary 23, 2019
poor management and decisions. fast paced environment with people who were not apt to handle the volume of customers and orders with speed and efficiency
Pros
night shift
Cons
no healthcare