Permabilt Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews

Busy Construction Office
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WASeptember 11, 2018
I worked at Town & Country for about three years and would still be working there if I didn't have to relocate due to my spouses job. The construction office is very busy and you have a lot of customers.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Lots of customers
Fast paced job for Company with high standards
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WASeptember 7, 2018
I worked in the office for 8 years until I had to move out of the area. It's a solid company with good people that takes pride in doing a good job. This is an extremely fast-paced environment where people work autonomously and it's impossible to fly under the radar. (Although there were a few that tried!) I learned a ton about construction when I was there although I didn't work in the construction department - there's a lot of overlap from department to department and I learned a lot.
It's a casual environment which I liked - business casual dress is acceptable. The people I worked with and management genuinely cared about doing a good job which I appreciated. Also, I had previously worked in Seattle, so not making that commute anymore was huge.
The hardest part of this job was that it's a VERY busy place. There is very little slack time and that was sometimes a bummer although the days flew by.
Pros
Solid Company, Great People
Always have work, good money
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 21, 2018
I have worked for PermaBilt for about 12 years. During the recession almost all my friends in construction lost their jobs but I continued to have work. I never get laid off during the winter and I never have to worry about not having work. The pay has always been good and continues to go up and now they have vacation time so that is good. The construction office always seems to be crazy busy but they always find time to get me whatever materials or equipment I need. I also like that I don't have to work on the same site all time. I used to work for a large framing company and I would have to spend months on the same job and it got pretty boring.

My only complaint is that it has been crazy hot during the summer these last couple years but I can't blame them for that.
Pros
Pay, support, always have work
Cons
The heat
Awkward office to work in
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 27, 2018
Bottom line, EVERYBODY in the office is scared of the president.
His wife is the VP and he is forced to go on vacation because employees are scared of him. I have literally heard him physically threaten an employee. Horrible place to work and customers are always angry because the president screws them over with "fine print"
Benefits
Cons
President
Permit department not considered a priority
Permit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 11, 2017
The work load had doubled and not allowing overtime OR hiring additional trained staff took a toll on the health of the department staff. A typical day of work started at 800am, I would arrive between 700 and 740 am and begin work immediately often working through lunch. Had 140 jobs in the department at varying stages in the permitting process. Started day by reviewing emails. Answered what I could immediately, researched those emails I could before responding. Archived all emails received in the appropriate job file. Checked jurisdictions for statuses via phone and email, sent new projects to the engineer for structural drawings, created/updated site plans, prepared application form(s), hired consultants for third party information, researched properties utilizing Assessor and Auditor information. formed contacts at 30 different jurisdictions as necessary, learned permit requirements for 30 jurisdictions. Responded to Pres., Vice Pres., General Manager, Sales Associates, Construction Manager(s) requirements as needed. And more...
Pros
Some nice people.
Cons
Short breaks, poor healthcare, low pay for the amount of work and knowledge required.
Good company
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 31, 2017
Manufacturer of bathroom vanity cabinets, bath accessories and medicine cabinets. Supplied major home improvement centers and decorative showrooms. Company was sold to an Australian entrepreneur.
Good benefits, goot hours but bad management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 9, 2016
I worked in the construction office for almost 12 years and got to say that the crews are a great bunch of guys. The benefits were good but the management left a lot to be desired. The worst thing about this company is the owner-he is very unpredictable and has a short fuse. I was the exception to the rule for the amount of time I worked there because there is a huge turnover for this company.
Pros
Wonderful benefit package
Cons
Crazy owner and bad manager
liked what I did at this company
Permit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAOctober 14, 2015
liked what I did at this company, but management was not the best, salespeople were great and easy to work with. All of the customers I worked with were wonderful.
great business
Senior Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAApril 10, 2014
Working with the public was great, co-workers in home office were also great to work with.
Pros
gaining office experience
Cons
couldn't find any to list

Want to know more about Permabilt Industries, Inc.?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Permabilt Industries, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Permabilt Industries, Inc. Reviews by Location