Permanent General Assurance Corp. Employee Reviews

If I could give this company less than 1 star, I would.
Initial handler II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2018
I worked for this company almost 3 years, when I started it was an amazing work culture and place to be, they do offer great benefits, and the company as a whole does care about your having a family. However, outside of that- this job drove me to a complete and absolute breakdown. Its unorganized, you get pounded with claims.... so many that you cant work the older ones and there is no such thing as a quick and easy claim here- every single one has atleast 2-3 coverage issues. The partners
Companies utilized (appraisals, audits, subrogation, total loss, SIU) delay almost every claim by WEEKS causing angry customers and complaints about you that are out of your control!! The customers are AWFUL, the management has unrealistic expectations and they act like they care, but they dont... they pelt you with metrics and reports and expect you to be a claims handling robot!! The training is awful for the newer hires- consisting of sitting in front of a computer screen watching videos for days... no humans and no on the job training. They force you into bodily injury claims with little to no training and it's too risky. I would never recommend anyone to work here unless you want to lose your mind. It was too much. I worked 12+ hrs most days day and still couldn't stay caught up.
Pros
Family friendly, benefits
Cons
Absolutely no work/home life balance, disorganized, hectic, massive work loads.
Great Work Environment
Claims Operator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 21, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to communicate with people from all over and you get to work with people from all over in different states.
Best company
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 5, 2018
Great company , decent pay , fun work place great benefits ! Best company I worked for so far I had to leave after I had a baby but would definitely go back
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Scripted calls
Disorganized, no leadership
IH2 (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 1, 2016
Higher than average starting pay, but not worth the headache. Too many new claims, archaic computer systems, and extremely unorganized. Expect to be reassigned 40-50 claims at a shot when someone leaves, which is quite often. These claims have gone to subro or litigation since most are 45+ days old with little to no work completed. Several DOI complaints are a daily occurrence and they are not handled timely. One manager here was excellent, however the rest of the locations office leaves much to be desired. Please consider your sanity and stress level before working here :(
Pros
Pay
Cons
Workload balance, lack of organization
Great Place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 3, 2015
Great Place to Work, Awesome management! Great Incentives! Good Hours of operations, Fun enviornment

•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
LOVED this company I worked for and my co-workers too! :)
Claims Department (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 7, 2012
I loved this job as well! I loved the company, my manager, and the co-workers I worked with too! :) Management was very easy to get along with. They gave you enough space to where you didnt feel like they were "hoovering" over you. But, if you ever had a certain question, problem, or needed help with something- they were right there to help you! They gave you lots of "good jobs" and co-workers really seemed like "team members!" The hardest part of this job was dealing with the insured's and claimant's calling re: their recent accident. They weren't always "happy". ;)
Pros
great company, awesome management, fun co-workers; always showed "team-work"
Cons
receiving calls from insured's and claimant's calling re: a recent auto accident