Pernod Ricard

Pernod Ricard Employee Reviews

United States107 reviews
Actively seeking new opportunities
A drinks business leader with a convivial spirit.
Global business with far reaching opportunities.

Agile work environment, excellent portfolio of brands
Great Community Involvement
Great company to work for. Pernod-Ricard really cares about the community it is in, the employees, and quality product. All employees are excited to come to work and be fully engaged. Conviviality!
The culture of the company is great the a extensive product line. Working in the wine industry is exciting and as a global company there is room for advancement.
Safe and good company to work in
Was best great time with useful experience for future jobs. Working for Pernod Ricard means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry – and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics.
Pernod Ricard has a disconnect from the corporate culture and the culture that is created by local management. I had a management change and the new management style was not inline with the company culture. The new management was very micromanagement style, condescending and unsupportive.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Challenging and Fullfilling job
I have loved working at Pernod-Ricard. Every day has been different with new challenges. I would highly recommend this company to anyone thinking of applying here.
Two stars at best
Temporary employment with little to no chance for permanent hire. The pay is an insult considering the work that is expected of you. Temp employees hardly ever get a 40 week. And never know from one day to the next if they will be scheduled to work. Full time employees treat temporary employees like they are not worthy to work with them and are assigned the most menial duties. And jobs the full timers feel they are to good to do. Only the bare minimum of training is offered. If you want t to learn how to do a specific job you have to ask to be trained. Over all, itsa place to get a pay check until something better comes along.
Pleasant workplace
Pernod Ricard is a fairly dynamic company with some very good managers, a relaxed atmosphere and good location and amenities. The main negative was sometimes I felt the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.
Lack of clear direction & organization
It's very important to have a strong work ethic and previous job experience at Pernod Ricard. The company is facing major fiscal challenges and it's leadership is not suited to respond in the correct way.
A place very resistant to change and innovation
A job in the liquor industry sounds like fun but this place manages to take the fun part out and replace it with an old boys' club mentality, stubborn resistance to adapt to changes in the industry, constant reorgs at mid-manager level but no change on top to alleviate pressure from Wall Street and religious adherence to French and Australian employees who lack basic understanding of the US alcohol industry.
Nice work environment.
Nice work environment. Staff is very nice. They seem to treat full-time employees very well. I was only there a short time. It was a positive experience.
No comment is the best way to describe the culture at Pernod Ricard in Dallas. Never have been in such dysfunction with lack of connection. Everyone sits in their office.
Cons
Good
Good overall. the company has gone through a lot of changes in the recent past. As the company grows there are more newer and better ideas that are implemented across the board.
Work from home job
Work from home job, many conference calls and lots of travel, cover three states with travel to company headquarters and division headquarters, good company
No Work/Life Balance
There were a lot of required functions that spouses and family were not invited to attend. The department I was in was all about a popularity contest over actual skills or training. Ruled by fear.
Best employment environment I have ever experienced.
IDL/PR do not pay lip-service to the CSR policy: they live it. Their Values and Behaviours are exemplary. As employers , I found them to operate in an open, transparent, committed way, with the highest of integrity. Unlike some major alcohol companies, they really DO place employee welfare first, with very responsible attitudes, structures and practices.
It was also great fun. My line manager/director was a total gent: kept professional distances, but created a collegiate and friendly atmosphere, and generated enjoyment and fun.

The brands are just wonderful, a joy to represent. They make the most magnificent whiskey on earth, and their committment to the industry, their Customers, and their competitors is exemplary and amazing. They care deeply in all regards, even assisting and supporting their competitors, in the greater interests of the industry, and the specific sectors.

I loved every minute I worked there ,and would gladly return.
Nice place to work!!
Allowed me to be able to work on my own time and accomplish objectives in timing manner. Not a lot of overreach and was compensated for my time well. I overall recommend Pernod.
Great place
All the way around great place to work. I would jump at the opportunity to work there full time. The people are great the work is challenging your team supports you well.
amazing culture
it's a great company with an awesome culture. but better for a person who has experience and can help shape management and strategy as there are a lot of processes lacking. this is improving however and the culture is incredible.
Great place to work with good pay and great benwfits
Very low chance of moving up in the company. Management jobs are usually hired from outside the company. Little to no chance of career advancement in the company.
Pros
Great work environment with good pay
Cons
Low career advancement
Good place to work for 89 days
Had to go through an interview process that lasted months being tested on criteria that was not even relevant to the job. After being pushed through IQ tests and physicals was given barely two weeks to give my current employer notice to quit and start there.
Had to deal with constant harassment by employees in the high school setting. Made to feel like your whole value as a human being in that environment is based only on your seniority and how long you have been there, and absolutely nothing to do with what you know or can do.

Lots of downtime with machines and people standing around talking and doing nothing. You will feel like a temp working for a personnel agency as you work and people stand around watching you laughing.

The work is okay but it is not exciting.

Found out that many people are arbitrarily let go before probation is finished without an obvious reason as to why or a reasonable explanation given.

This company screws with peoples lives, playing on their reputation to lure people in with the hope of one day making a good wage. People leave jobs with benefits to come and after attempts to be a model employee are dismissed without any provocation or any attempts made on behalf of management to coach employees.
Pros
Cons
Prison factory with high school mentality people