Pernod Ricard Management reviews

Company going trough tremendous changes over the last five years
INVENTORY ACCOUNTANT, PERNOD-RICARD (Former Employee) –  Fort smith FinanceJanuary 21, 2019
Moral is low throughout the plant due to management decisions. Great company to work for but the Fort Smith plant has some issues. The biggest being that no one feels secure even if they are doing a good job.
Work Life Balance
Financial Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 31, 2018
Work life balance is the main challenge at Pernod Ricard, and this is mainly due to management. Most of the times expectations where not realistic and in order to meet them, it required to work long extra hours, making it difficult to have a normal work / life balance.
It was an easy pace job.
Bottle Packer (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 30, 2018
Wake up early in the morning. Pack alcohol bottles into boxes. Recycle any bad boxes. Management was pretty easy going with the employees. The most enjoyable part was that it was an easy pace job.
Pros
Easy pace.
Cons
Hours can be cut.
No opportunity to move up
Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJuly 2, 2018
Too many re organizations
HR is the worst
Getting rid off of old timers to employ young male
Company changed the workplace to a factory like open floor
Employee morale is on the floor
Most employees are waiting to be offered a benefit package to move on
Pros
liquor allowance
Cons
no work balance
High manager turn over
Bottling Manager / Processing Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 8, 2018
While at Hiram I was the 13th Bottling Manager in 10 years . To much manager turn over. If you voice your opinion with upper Management and it dose not fit there agenda then be prepared to be terminated.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
No retintion of mid managers
34 year with variety of positions available to be. Never bored..found jobs to be fulfilling and challenging.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INNovember 8, 2017
My last position at Pernod Ricard was as Executive Assistant to V.P. of United States Operations. I had a variety of responsibilities which kept job interesting. No repetition from day to day; as a matter of fact
a majority of my assignments were accomplished either daily, monthly or yearly. Had to be organized and able to plan ahead to accomplish my goals. The V.P. and his direct reports were great to work with and available for any problems.

The most enjoyable part of my job was having the respect of majority of 528 total employees. Also the joy of planning and executing award programs and events.
Pros
Product expense account; 401K plan; good insurance, etc
Cons
Traveled 50 miles round trip
Fun place to work
Sr. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 2, 2017
Loved my job at Pernod Ricard USA. Management was fantastic, workplace was fun and everyone got along very well. Great place to work if you can get in.
Great Company for a Reason
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2017
I learned a lot from this organization. They do a a great job training people to do their job great. I enjoyed the people. Management was typical...a couple good ones and a couple not so good. There's a reason they are one of the biggest spirits companies around.
Amazing Company & Culture
unknown (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 4, 2017
Amazing Company and great benefits. Management listens and is open to implement changes that result in efficiencies.

Inclusive culture, provides opportunity for growth.
Pros
Inclusive Culture
Cons
Lean Teams
Great place to start out in sales an the liquor industry
Retail Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to start out in sales and the liquor industry. The company stresses an entrepreneurial mindset but also the importance of working on a team. It is common for the CEO to talk to an entry level employee and vise versa. People are very approachable and want to help each other advance and succeed.
Great company in a fantastic industry,
Director of Credit (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYNovember 18, 2016
One of the best industries to be employed. The number 2 wine and spirit company in the world.

Great organization that takes care of it's employees. Benefits are very generous. Bonus, week in between Christmas and New year's off. In addition, a nice product allowance and bar nights at work.
Pros
Generous vacation policy, good benefits, bars at our various facilities. Company wide conferences in locations such as Dublin and Vegas.
Cons
Work life balance difficult. Constant change in management.
Great work environment; never a dull moment
Brand Management Consultant Rum & Liquors (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
Pernod has a great working culture, warm people and fantastic talent. The only draw back is their lack of entry level/lower level staff. They believe in internal hiring which is great to boost moral of the employees, but hard for an outsider.
Entrepreneurship and Conviviality
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 3, 2016
Sense of Entrepreneurship and Conviviality
Encouragement to work independently and proactively
Decentralized type of business and management
very fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  joy,fun,April 21, 2016
Every hour is a pleasure. I have learnt to get a friend every day.
Management very distant from the staff, co-workers very cooperative, We formed a family.But the hardest part was the customers who claimed more that we could offer them.
I enjoyed this job because it had helped to know how important is a customer and ways to keep and recruit more day by day.
Position
 Internal audit,
 Internal Controls,
 Insurance renewal,
 Risk reporting,
 Implement skills of delegating and training staff,
 Establish positive relationships with colleagues,
 Opportunity to make a positive difference in the community,
 Building upon my resilience, communication skills, knowledge and experience,
 Enhance my skills and flexibility to utilize several roles,
 Implement knowledge and plans I have made when liaising with my line manager.
Professional, fast paced and "never boring" place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trinidad West IndiesDecember 5, 2014
Professional comfortable work environment. Management was easily accessible to provide advice in professional and personal growth. Hard working strong team spirit. I learned to accept varying levels of diversity and management styles and made some life long friends.
Pros
Flexible work environment focused on result.
Cons
Little room for upward mobility
Productive, positive with a thirst to win
Lifestyle Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2014
*A typical day at work consists of fostering relationships with Key Accounts, the distributor and High Net Worth Individuals while growing brand volume and value within these three demographics. As a supplier I specifically targeted financial and real estate tribes, A-List bars, restaurants and nightclubs. I grew the business by hosting exclusive cocktail parties and dinners in key accounts among the target demographic. I lead staff trainings, tastings, gained menu features, placements, back bar placements, shelf facings and in store displays.

*I learned about B2B sales, how to lead and manage a wholesaler, selecting the right key accounts, budget management, financial acumen, build relationships internally and externally, grow volume and distribution with a positive ROI.

*Management. I indirectly managed the wholesaler to grow my business in NY. I indirectly lead the on and off premise wholesaler to gain a disproportionate share of mind while competing with other suppliers to grow my business.

*Co-Workers. Incredible morale, team work, self motivated, strong support system, brand knowledge and passion for brand health and growth. We all live the values.

*The hardest part of the job. Giving a mature brand a higher perception of value and worth than what it was originally. Turning around a declining brand to grow among a small consumer.

*The most enjoyable part of the job is working on the mature brands to turn it around and grow it among a new target demographic. Evolving the brand. The challenge of turning around a declining brand while working on new sales
  more... and marketing strategies. Team camaraderie, team conviviality, company morale, team work, ideas and brainstorming sessions.  less
Pros
product training, management, influencer events, diversity
Productive Fund workplace with ping pong tables
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  FT LauderdaleOctober 9, 2014
Very structured, plenty meetings.
Growth not much existent and management was great.
Working with upper management constantly.
They have a ping pong table for lunch time
Admin. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 23, 2014
youth oriented. work 9 to 5. lots of work with very little done. lots of room for improvements.
Pros
company trips and benefits
Cons
the management and some employees
Productive - Work-Family Friendly Company
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2014
Friendly supportive teams including management. The most exciting part of working at PR Winemakers was the international connection - with Spain, Dominican Republic, Argentina, Brazil. People across the river were always friendly and very helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pernod Ricard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3