Perry Homes Employee Reviews

Great People
Service Now Administrator / Service Desk Lead (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 17, 2019
N / A for the review. Is a family oriented company currently with great people. Very cultured hybrid company developed in a enterprise environment. Great people to work with.
Brilliant Company to Work for.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston TexasMay 29, 2019
Perry invests a lot into it’s staff and product. One gets great job satisfaction and pride in working for a company that insists on the highest quality product but gives you the resources to achieve this. It is great to work for a private company that can invest in it’s staff and product without having to answer to Wall Street.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, great job satisfaction and pride, the company gives you the resources to do a top job. Privately held company with caring owners.
Cons
No real cons, you have to work hard and be professional though.
Fantastic Company that cares about it's employees
Senior Site Plannes (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2019
A company that takes care of their employees. And, because of that, I've always tried by best to return that dedication. I've been here for 20+ years, and can't think of a place I'd rather work. So proud to say I'm a Perry Homes employee.
Pros
Free lunch, 401k, Great people
Cons
Houston traffic
Politics
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2019
So many politics at play, not accepting or willing to change, business decisions controlled by group of men and personal preferences. Don't rely on expertise of their employees
May 7, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience while working at Perry Homes. Feedback is important to help us improve as an organization. We would like to learn more details about your experience, please reach out to Human Resources at HRInfo@perryhomes.com.

great company
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 15, 2019
great company. the management they have in place really cares about you and your family. they demand your best and will get it out of you. very friendly company
May 7, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you value the efforts we have put towards creating an environment where everyone at Perry Homes can thrive! We put employee experience and satisfaction as our priority and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you, again!

Poor management
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2019
At Perry Homes they do not care about you or your family. Construction runs company therefore they do not know about sales. All management comes from construction and it is all men. They promise things and dont deliver. All that they care about is getting a sale even if it means putting sales people against each other. Management talks about sales people behind their backs You sell your soul if you work there.
Pros
Cons
Management is awful and doesnt care about you
May 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate you had a negative experience while working in the organization. At Perry Homes we strive to create a positive work environment for our employees. We would like to learn more about your experience, please reach out to Human Resources at HRInfo@perryhomes.com.

Steady work
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 25, 2019
Pay poorly for the job you do. Promise promotions and never follow through on them. Treat the trades poorly and don't pay them well. Poor training at upper levels
Great Work/Life Balance
New Home Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2019
Great work/life balance. I have been extremely successful here. Great product that you can be proud to demonstrate on a daily basis. Some of the best one-story floor plans, hands down.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
2 person sales office
Very Low
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMarch 9, 2019
I felt there wasn't career advancement in my role. It's difficult to work for a builder given it's sales and numbers driven. My preference is to have a set salary; not work solely on just commission.
Fair
New Home Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2019
Unencouraging workplace. A bit of negative energy overall. Some individuals are very nice. Unrealistic expectations. No promoting within the company.
Sales people are so rude.
Hired help (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Worked at Perry and I have never in my life worked at company where co-workers were stuck up and talked down to you. Sales thought they were all that. Such a con, were want you to work in a non hostile environment. Best part of the job, going home away from toxic co-workers.
Pros
close to home
Great company
New Home Sales Professional-Top Producer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2018
Good company, ethical company. Great training and gave me a place to get industry training and enabled me to advance in this industry and gave me the skills to earn a great living
Great place to work if you're a workaholic.
CAD Producer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2018
Enjoyed working here for +10 years, but had to move on due to lack of adequate management for the design department. Since it was 3 years ago, they do have new managers now. Co-workers are nice because of the good paycheck, but highly stressed due to the obligations that come along with it.
Pros
Free lunch, great pay/benefits/bonuses, great security, intelligent employees (mostly)
Cons
Heavy Workload, Expected Overtime, Strict Deadlines.
marketing Department
Copy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2018
I loved my coworkers and bosses in this department. The benefits, however, are so expensive that the pay is considered low. I worked there 5 years ago. Hopefully that has changed.
Pros
Great department
Cons
Benefits aren't great
Relaxed work environment
INTERIOR SELECTIONS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2018
Here you work at your own pace to insure deadlines are met.
You must maintain corporate relationships and have valuable knowledge coming into your desired department.
Great Training Program
HOME SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2018
It was a GREAT experience. The training and work environment helped me to hone my skills. After working in Technology sales for many years my Perry experience allowed learn more about my set of skills.
Old School and Top Performing
General Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2018
- Perry knows how to grow and take advantage of new opportunities in the market. The process for creating blueprints can be done entirely in house and that leads to quickly adapting to market conditions and top selling features can be spread across many plan offerings. The culture is very militaristic and very top down. Everything is held close to managements chest. The biggest complaint across many departments is the culture and dress code. All male employees are required to wear ties, irrespective of their position. Many people sit in cubes and never speak with anyone outside their departments, but a tie is mandatory for the role.
Pros
Free Lunches, Top Pay grade for the industry
Cons
Dress Code, Militaristic Culture
Great compensation with autonomous atmosphere.
OUTSIDE SALES PROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2018
Perry Homes is a great organization to work for. The company strives for excellence and customer satisfaction. The compensation is excellent, but the schedule is challenging.
Pros
Excellent compensation, autonomy, engaged management.
Cons
Schedule and work hours and can greatly effect work/life balance.
love it so far
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2018
I started as a sales assistant in Dallas learning the ropes to be Outside Sale Professional. I liked learning the culture of the business when they sent me right away to sales training for 3 weeks in Houston.

8 weeks later I am promoted to sales professional and have a great opportunity to earn money with one of the top paying builders in the area.
We do get ongoing sales support so there is really no reason why if you are determined you can't be successful with Perry.
Pros
pay, benefits
excellent place to start right off college, but not for skilled cad drafters
CAD Producer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2018
if you are skilled drafter, use your skill elsewhere to make yourself a good living, don't waste time competing against mates who have no morals or regards for your good intentions. they much more prefer see you go then help push you forwards, you are pretty much setup to fail. they need to bring in a team who will be responsible to train you on company standards, and no one should have access to your computer besides your manager.
Pros
daily free meals, excellent HR, Great name in the market to work for
Cons
team, poor management, poor supervision, poor training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perry Homes. Our community is ready to answer.