Persistent Systems Employee Reviews

Typical Indian IT company which focuses on customers for revenues and don't care much about employee's career
Senior Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 3, 2019
Typical Indian IT company which focuses on customers in the US for revenues and don't care much about employee's career. Focuses very much on the $ billing they get from the customers/clients. You don't directly for the company but through them for their customers.
Pros
Good healthcare in the US
Cons
Low compensation, Higher focus on the revenuw an employee can earn for the company, work-life balace
Good experience overall
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2019
Its overall a good work experience and challenging professional environment. The efforts and focus given to the training and skills development is worth noting.
There was new things fun things going on all the time and the people were great
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 30, 2019
I enjoyed working there, it was a nice experience. If the pay schedule and more hours were given I would probably still have been there. The environment was calm and friendly.
Good vendor company
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 3, 2018
I work as a vendor at Microsoft. Persistent has been mostly hands-off, giving me autonomy to do my job as defined by my management at Microsoft. Persistent HR has always been very quick to respond to any questions I've had. The company has done a good job of scheduling holiday parties and such.
Not that great
Software Developer, Horne Canopy (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 5, 2018
The company was a great company but the work life balance was non existent , they had unrealistic deadlines and had sketchy stuff what would go on especially with contractors, like not paying overtime even i approved
Very Technical and customer focused
Customer Partner, Sr. Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CaliforniaOctober 17, 2018
Persistent is a technology consulting company. I worked at Persistent for almost 10 years. Very focused on technology and always cares of the customer interests and success.
Being a consulting company everyone is always on their toes to serve the customer.
Persistent works in various domain and has built SMEs over the period of time. It is great experience to work with Persistent, especially for building the career.
Pros
Professional, Technology and customer focused
Cons
May not be a pay master
Good work life balance
Software Engineer, Development (Former Employee) –  INAugust 28, 2018
Pros

Has a nice small company feel
Great work culture
Focuses on product development rather than just testing or QA

Cons

Has to compete with the big boys of software consultancy services like TCS, Wipro etc. However, value addition is still awesome.
amazing work environment
Puller (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSJuly 16, 2018
i liked it a lot it was a great work environment and the people there were amazing and very helpful. i would definitely recommend someone for this job
Fun working place
Office Administrator/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 7, 2018
Persistent is fun place to work at, they make the employee feel like home. Atmosphere is very positive and everyone is very encourage to make sure you succeed in what you do.
Review from July 2017
UX Director - Digital Business Unit (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 20, 2018
Disclaimer: My role of UX Director in the USA was eradicated in July 2017 and the following is based on my views from July 2017.

The company maintains an offshore business model (low priced development) and while intentions to migrate to being a cutting-edge, innovative organization are articulated, it doesn't appear to have the capability to break out of platform-based features and services development and simple web apps. As such, innovation is largely absent and budgets are not conducive to the research necessary to get the company where it wants to be.
People are warm, friendly and respectful for the most part. Autonomy and trust are given to employees.
Pros
Good, respectful people and good company intentions
Cons
Low budget services mindset and usually not positioned to walk the talk
Daily call with business team, QA team and development team
SENIOR COMPUTER PROGRAMMER ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 2, 2018
Daily, we have call with Team to understand business requirement and we know business requirement but do not know the under base table. We have great fun in analysis system and get the required data.
Relaxed and fun but no career future
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 6, 2018
People were nice and work environment was good. But There are no or very limited career advancement and job security, at least in the US. Many acquisitions made in the last few years are not doing good.
Pros
Good benefits except 401k contribution
Cons
Poor business model which does not secure the job
ambiguous.
Senior Architect (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 12, 2018
My time at Persistent was spent mostly acting as a Microsoft employee. It was a strange balance to find between two 'company identities'. While on one hand I was engaged and day-to-day with the client (Microsoft) I was struggling to understand where I fit at Persistent and lacking almost any clarity on what the organization was doing or how it was structured.

In many ways it always felt like I was a Microsoft employee, yet when the contract came up it was clear I was and I found myself aloof with mutual lack of understanding.
Pros
Great benefits, compernsation was fair.
Cons
ambiguous culture and lack of response for next posting dispite available opportunities.
Developer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2017
Nice people to work with. There is no much Job work/Life Balance but it depends mostly on the project you are in.
Team is very supportive and understanding though.
Pros
Great Medical Benefits. Supportive, Good Human Resources
Cons
Work load and schedule can be overwhelming
Technician II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2017
A lot of work was done in the time I worked for this company. That included field testing, in house testing of equipment. They make a good effort to make employees feel like family, with lunches and holiday parties, etc.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
There were cons like any company.
they dont know how to place their resources
Business Intelligence Intern (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 7, 2017
bad experience, i would never want to work with them again. they revoked my internship in the middle when they placed me with News America Marketing , their client.
Work culture was cool
Senior Computer Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 25, 2017
As I am working as Contractor for IBM from PSL, my day starts 7 am in the morning. It starts with daily standup meeting. Lunch break is of 45 mins but I prefer to take less
Day will end around 4-5 PM depending on workload
Pros
Worklife is good
Cons
Support kind of work
Nice place to work
Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 15, 2017
It is a good place to work with opportunities provided in multiple domains. Has presence globally. One of the best companies for freshers to start their careers.
why do i need to do this?
Senior Director, Digital Practice (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2017
Partnered with Salesforce.com and other digital transformation vendors on delivering service solutions in a new 8 state region on behalf of a leader in digital business automation.
• Developed the new eastern territory, building key client relationships, increasing brand awareness, and spearheading lead generation.
• Recognized as the top producer in results from social media outreach
Employee friendly environment
Module Lead (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 30, 2017
Good company for job security, employee benefits. Higher Management is good. Resource allocation not needs to improve,
Employee friendly environment. Food is good.