Person Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Difficult coworkers.
Window washer (Current Employee) –  Roxboro NCApril 15, 2018
The radiology department is not where you want to be. The older ladies are rude to patients and other staff. They play a good game at first. They each tell about the other ones affairs on their husbands and are racist. I would not recommend a job here
Stressful and underappreciated
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCMarch 23, 2018
The management here is not great. The job is stressful and it makes working here difficult. The hospital only cares about money intake and if you have piercings/tattoos showing; not patient care.
Pros
Hospital Experence
Cons
Low pay, stressful work environment
Not much room for advancement.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCMarch 9, 2018
The facility has potential however the pay is not competitive the company is poorly managed and is the modern day example of a good old boy system.The Unit is often short of staff. The patients often complain about the food and the fact that meal times are not coordinated. This place is the prime example of not what you know but who you know. Advancement is highly unlikely if you are not caucasion.
Pros
Small setting
Cons
The pay sucks!
Co-workers are great
Phlebotomist I (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJanuary 28, 2018
Co-workers are wonderful, but the pay is VERY low. If the hospital would increase the amount of pay, and have room to advance I would love to stay at the local hospital.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay
Working at Person Memorial Hospital in 2004-2010 was fun work.
Sleep Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCNovember 24, 2017
First manager was great, second one was very incompetent to job I was doing.The sleep field was new for this area. I scheduled the patients for the nights I worked along with the other tech , also verified insurances. We cleaned,did the laundry and made the beds as well. Fun Job still and I loved the work. I loved the old sleep field. Have been in it 32 years now.
Low paid and feel unappreciated, feel as just you are just another employee
E.D. Registrar (Current Employee) –  Emergency RoomOctober 14, 2017
I am very fortunate to be employed here in my local town, but the morale is very down and the hospital is always short staffed and you feel as though you are unappreciated by being there even if you are going out of the way or over and beyond to perform you job duties.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Feel as though you don't matter
A hospital in transition
RN Adult Medical (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NC 27573October 11, 2017
Your co-workers are great! The hospital pays well and can be a great place for new nurses to get a chance. There is lots of flexibility and the jobs fits well into work and home life balance. but the hospital still struggles with transition of management. can be severely short of staff and lacks the resources of the bigger hospitals
Pros
pays better the some of the bigger hospitals in the area. flexible work schedule
Cons
short of staff, poor management, small hospital with lack of resources
unhealthy
technical (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCOctober 2, 2017
bad working conditions, stressful, little support, low pay for all staff on the floors, no raises, no recognition. turnover and lack of stability in leadership, no transparency. long hours
likely to fail at some point, too much corporate red tape
Pros
patients
Cons
lack of knowledge, lack of stability, low pay, long hours, little incentive
This was for Nursing School Training
NURSING INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJune 20, 2017
This was an excellent training facility. I really enjoyed my time here and the staff was very friendly and professional. I learned a lot while here training for my ADN degree.
Typical
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCMay 15, 2017
This is an okay place to work for if your getting some beginning experience and learning a few new things otherwise it could potentially be a lot better
bad place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCApril 22, 2017
If they like you - you will be fine. If someone in management doesn't like you no matter how well you do or your potential to do well - might as well look for another job. Training for the job is null.
Cons
bad place to work, harrassment
Working Here
Certified Nursing Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJune 13, 2016
Just like any other job with pros and cons. Hard working crew most of the time, benefits are not that great unless you advance. Advancing is hard, the hoops to jump through can be confusing as well. Transferring departments is a little difficult, and questions are usually given the run around.
Great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCMay 28, 2016
I d0ont like working short. And nurses dont help at all. The work is easy but its to much to do in one day. And not enough help
Community Hospital with a family feel
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCApril 27, 2016
Person Memorial is truly like a family. Since working here, everyone has been so nice and warm and accepting. Because it's part of a larger group (Duke and LifePoint) there is opportunity for advancement. Everyone I have interacted with, is here because they want to be and because they are passionate about patient care.
Pros
Family feel, Big medicine in a community, amazing Drs
A great place to work!
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCOctober 12, 2015
There is a strong sense of family within the hospital with everyone greeting you with a warm smile and good morning as you walk in the door. The various departments mesh well together between clinical and non-clinical to where everyone feels a part of the same field. Coming from a non-medical professional background, I fit right in with everyone else the day I started which really made the transition great. I highly recommend Person Memorial to anyone seeking a new career or expand on your current venture.
Cons
I enjoy showing my patients that I am confident in what I can do for them and when they leave they feel good about the care they have recieved.
Lab Assistant & Phlebotomist Tech II (Former Employee) –  ROXBORO N.C.September 26, 2015
Hardworking and organized
Drawing patients and showing compassion
Front desk clerk, processing specimens
Co-workers and dealing with different personalities and resolving problems
Knowing that my patients trust me and knowing I will give them the best of care
Pros
Try to be a family and work together
Cons
15 Min breaks
recieving and distrubution of medical supplies
Stock Technician (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJuly 5, 2015
Receive all inventory, team effort, delivering supplies was the most enjoyable part of my job. Promptly pleasing requesting departments was the most the most difficult part of my job.
Pros
Fellow staff
Cons
Emergency orders
med surg
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCMarch 30, 2015
cna work and assist with daily living and daily activities taking blood sugars and vitals and bed changes and etc helping out nurses abd setting up patients trays
a very rewarding job
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJanuary 20, 2015
GKN was a very fulfilling job where I got the chance to experience a team work environment. Filled with hard and satisfy hard work. With long hours and weekends. Great opportunity for mandatory overtime. Had the chance to work all three shift mandatory and gained lots of experience in the drive shaft field of work
Provided care to each of my patients such as ADL's
NA II (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCSeptember 10, 2014
I helped my patients with bathing, dressing, walking, and changing dressings as well. I also provided the nurses with blood pressures and blood sugars each day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Person Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Person Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location