Personal Finance Company Employee Reviews

Run away
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 16, 2018
If I could give this place a negative mark I would. My advice to anyone looking at this place as employment would be to run for the hills now, and don’t waste your time. This was hands down the worst place I’ve ever work. Everyone I know that are still employed there are looking for a way out, offices can’t keep full staff, Because of the turnover. Wouldn’t happen so much, if management didn’t suck as bad as they do. So, do yourself a favor and look for something else.
Very Stressful job, only cares about their bottom line dollars, not customer friendly
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  KYSeptember 15, 2018
This is NOT PERSONAL FINANCE!!! It is MARINER FINANCE!!!!! When it WAS Personal Finance, the caring of employees and customers was a priority, since the buyout of MARINER Finance the only thing that matters is the all mighty dollar for the company.
The ONLY thing that has stayed the same for some branches is the name. If you like stress, backstabbing, lies, and broken promises, false hopes, belittled, undermined with almost everything you say and do...then this is the place for you! I highly recommend to NOT apply for any position open!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Welcome to Mariner
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYSeptember 14, 2018
The company that cared only about their bottom line. Employees were just numbers. They talked about life/work balance, and then would have you park in front of someones house for a boat payment to hit numbers for months end.
I enjoyed working here
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, INAugust 29, 2018
I enjoyed working with the group of ladies that I worked with. We all got along well. I don’t have to work weekends. I liked my manager a lot. I learned a lot working for this company.
Pros
Good bonus
Cons
Traveling
Stressful work environment
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 23, 2018
The location i worked at was very low staffed, management was rude, not helpful when training, complained about not being able to stop smoking due to the work and environment.
Pros
Working in a office environment, working on computer
Cons
Poor management, no one to train you for job.
Very stressful
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 27, 2018
They required you to make as many loans as possible with the highest rates you could try to offer. Management was very strict with all management at all times. They tried to do a lot of micro management toward their failing years in the end they were sold to Mariner Finance Loan company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Extremely stressful work environment & high APR rates.
Bought out company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Centralia, ILJuly 6, 2018
Personal Finance Company has been bought out by Marnier Finance and its just not a company I would like to work for. DO everything from taken application, closing loans, scanning things to computer, and making lots and lots of phone calls,
Stressful environment/ very demanding
Customer Service Representative/ Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Salem, INApril 23, 2018
Used to be a good place to work----after changes came it has been very stressful. Miscommunication, hours are not good, seems like as soon as you start to get the hang of new instructions and training.....things get changed and more is thrown at you and its very confusing. Instead of being relaxed and confident about going to work every day.....I dread it
productive place to work
Customer Service Rep II / Call Center (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILApril 13, 2018
PFC was a Gem of a place to work for , the people made it memorable............................thank you so much PFC for choosing me to assist your operations
Great company until they were bought out by Mariner Finance
Management (Current Employee) –  IndianaMarch 9, 2018
Personal Finance was great until they sold. It truly was a Personal company where even the CEO and CFO knew a majority of the employees to some extent. You felt like you had a voice and a sense of individuality (as long as you were successful). They were also big on promoting from within. However, since the merger with Mariner they have reduced the morality of most of the PFC employees. It’s their way or the highway. They are STRUGGLING with employee retention at every level (i know dozens of people who’ve quit in the last 90 days, retiring early or are planning to leave) and Mariner is adding more and more to the branch’s workload every day. Being successful and performing well isn’t enough anymore. Their mission is to essentially have every branch performing the exact same tasks in a cult robotic like fashion. Everything is monitored, recorded, criticized and errors are not tolerated. They fail to understand that every staff, branch, customer base and loan portfolios are different. No longer do they care what any of the managers or supervisors have to say. If you’re OK asking “how high?” when somebody tells you to “jump” and then have them critique your jumping motion Mariner Finance/Personal Finance might be the job for you. They do pay their management competitively but their good CSR’s are definitely underpaid. Mariner Finance also reduced the Personal Finance Company bonus program by approximately 90% with semi-unrealistic qualifications. It also seems like Mariner Finance is only going to make things harder for their employees for many years to come and if you anonymously  more... surveyed all PFC employees a majority would probably say they’re no longer happy with the company.  less
Pros
Beats being unemployed
Cons
Only 30 min lunch breaks. Management expected to put in 50hrs/week. Tuesdays are 8:30am-7pm
Csr
Consumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INMarch 3, 2018
CSR duties
I learned the fundamentals of lending and collections
Good and flexible management
Workplace culture was calm and enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job was loan denials.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships developed with customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Horrible place to work, is associated with mariner finance
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  IndianaMarch 2, 2018
This company is the worst to work for, constantly told you are never doing enough, doing anything right, on the off chance you have a great day they find some stupid non issue and make it an issue. Since working there I have diagnosed depression, anxiety all due to the stress of the company and horrible management. Parent company is Mariner Finance and they are the most ungrateful and demeaning company to work for. Given the opportunity of a new job I would quit and warn anyone that they don't want that stress in their lives
Pros
None it is a soul sucking job
Work, management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 25, 2018
The work for this job I enjoyed. The management did change several times but I don't really have any complaints about any of the managers that were in charge.
Pros
Enjoyable work environment
Decent job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILJanuary 17, 2018
Personal Finance Company is a decent company. The expected quotas could be hard to reach at times, but I very much enjoyed the benefits and people I worked with regularly.
productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 26, 2017
Personal finance company had a very fun and relaxing environment. The management and workplace is very professional. It doesn't take long to get comfortable on the job.
Lack of structure
Customer Service Rep/Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNSeptember 24, 2017
Bought out by a large company from the northeast terrible transition with lack of customers concerns no concern for the employees. Management is not out for their employees will not give equal for the same positions
Pros
Non
Cons
Poor management
Okay work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MOSeptember 20, 2017
Answering phones, trying to upgrade clients. Collecting on delinquency. Open and close office. Balance drawer and making deposit. Making sure you meet your Dq goals and one loan per day. Processing payments, processing mail and updating accounts. Making your goals.
Enjoyable until bought out
Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 12, 2017
A change in leadership has helped bring the "personal" in Personal Finance Company to an all-time low. No longer do I feel like a part of the company and someone that is cared about. Now it is all about how to maximize profit and show little to no interest in the employees or the customers.
Pros
15 days paid time off
Cons
Salary, management
Great Company but looking for something closer to home
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Crossville, TNSeptember 6, 2017
Ready for a new challenge and able to use all
my skills to the best of my ability . Great company and people to work for and with. This position has give me the opportunity to meet wonderful people that I have an excellent professional relationship with but I have also made wonderful new friendships with my role in this company.
New company bought and all computer programs are changing.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hannibal, MOAugust 13, 2017
I don't mind the programs changing if at all. It's the management. I really enjoy the customers. Learned that the pressure is hard on some management people.
Pros
Worked part time
Cons
Environement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Personal Finance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Personal Finance Company Reviews by Location