Personal Involvement Center, Inc.

Personal Involvement Center, Inc. Employee Reviews

Personal Involvement Center, Inc. insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Community based non-profit

Started over 25 years ago for this low income community has done outreach, established programs to help children and families stay together and provide help to those that really need it and continues to do the work that people need today and for the upcoming years.

Pros

Good community of people

Productive and friendly workplace

Great work community, and provides excellent support to communities. This organization is trying to make a change! I learned management skills, worked throughout several communities and gained so much knowledge which helped guide me while in the field and with my cases. This is a company where the job is what you make of it. If you choose to get involved and cooperate, the job can definitely teach you the skills you need to succeed in this industry. PIC grooms their employees to be high quality candidates for promotions. While working here, I was promoted twice in one year. I would recommend this company to anyone who is willing to do the work. The benefits I received here were impeccable!

Pros

luncheons, community events, promotions, great management, benefits

Not concerned about achieving its mission or taking care of its employees

Directors pretend to care for their subordinates, but they really don’t. I saw one director fire an employee to set an example to the rest of her team of what could happen to them if they disagreed with her. Also, there is only about 3 directors that make good money, the rest of the organization is barely earning a livable wage. And it’s mission? What mission? All the managers care about is getting their funding from LA County.

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Micromanagement, favoritism, unfair compensation, boring corporate culture.

Unethical - administration corrupt - put their job security above service to others.

Horrible place to work. Administation treats professionals like they are second class citizens and the treatment of clients Is deplorable. They never have funds for the needed furniture or even beds for FAmily Preservation clients even though they receive funds specifically for that. Expect social workers to find used mattresses for their families. Yet they have drivers to drive administrators all over LA and company cars and vans - yet no Christmas gifts for clients children ?

Pros

None. Except they have openings because no one stays

Cons

Micromanagement, failure to support clients and staff

Think twice

Worse experience of my professional life. Manager thinks she can intimidate and increase her tone to make her points come across as a leader? Poor ego and team building characteristics. She's no where near understanding mental health because it's not her education focus.

Pros

Gain hours towards licensure

Cons

A lot of unethical practices

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Great organization doing wonderful things

There may be room for improvement but overall its a decent company and they are working hard to provide services to the needy communities of Los Angeles County.

Please read 3 year evaluation

I am writing this review to give myself closure with respect to my time and experiences with this nonprofit company from the 3 years I worked there as a Therapist from 2014 to 2017. I will try to be objective as I write this review and dissect the inner workings of Personal Involvement Center (PIC) and trust that the reader will draw upon their own conclusions based on my observations and speaking with fellow colleagues who worked at PIC's different locales. All companies have a bottom line and thus revenue/profits are their driving motivators. What differentiates a company then is the culture in which you work in, not so much whether it's "for profit" versus "nonprofit" or the economic climate/unemployment rate at that moment in time. As a graduate level educated professional, one should have professional minimum standards on how they wish to be treated in a work environment. However, based on my own experiences as well as those of my fellow colleagues, here are some of the events that we have observed and have been enmeshed with: • Negative weekly Staff meetings - group meetings with Management on a weekly basis doesn't encourage input from employees. The meetings tend to be demoralizing and not much motivation or encouragement is given. The meetings consist of one sided conversations relegated to talking down to employees on what they are doing wrong. No opinions are solicited. • Tone of condescension and being spoken down to by management including by those aides and receptionists who work for them. • No coffee or hygiene soap or office supplies in some -

Pros

Benefits offered

Cons

Please read evaluation

Great ideas, poor execution.

I read all of these reviews before I started and thought "it can't be that bad, some people just aren't built for social services!" How wrong I was. It wasn't that bad - it was worse. Pay checks are regularly late (and they don't do direct deposit most of the time because they can't afford it). I have never worried about whether my check would clear before working here. The top management claims to know they have issues and things they need to change. THEY are what needs to change. The building is falling apart, the air conditioning doesn't really work, and the programs are run inefficiently and haphazardly. Don't be as naive as I was. It IS that bad. Worst job I have had in my career.

Pros

My supervisor was excellent

Cons

The work was not challenging or fulfilling

excellent manager

A typical day involves gathering payroll data in preparation for submission to payroll company. Booking of payroll and collections from government. Workplace is casual and co-workers are friendly.

Pros

Nice feeling working in a non-profit organization.

Cons

the neighborhood where the office is located is not very safe.

Personal Involvement Center, Inc. (PIC) is a great employer and I'm proud to say that I've worked with them for many years. The culture here is diverse. They are big on promoting from within the agency so there is always room for advancement. Compensation is comparable. Training is constantly offered to staff. PIC offers great benefits most employers do not such as Employer 401K match! The most enjoyable part of the job is servicing our clients and watching their lives improve. We are committed to providing quality service to our clients. PIC is an advocate for their clients and surrounding community persons always going above and beyond.The hardest part of the job is, at times, the hours. But hey this is social work. Management have good rapports with their staff.

productive work environment with lots of room for growth

working at personal involvement center was nothing short of a great experience,I was always treated with respect from all of the staff including the CEO, I had dental,l medical, vision and life insurance, not to mention vacation, sick time, and paid holiday,along with all of the great service that they provide free for the community PIC was by far one of the best non profit companies I've worked for

Pros

great place to start and grow

Very challenging but rewarding

You must have a back bone to work at this place. Though it is rewarding, it is also very overwhelming. I am not pleased with the admin, but over all, very welcoming co workers. Some people take their job more serious than others.

Pros

Staff outings, nice people, birthday fun

Cons

dificult working hours

Management is the problem!!!

The managers are incapable of making logical decisions. Things keep changing every day. The expectations that are placed on the staff are unrealistic. It feels like management are more concerned about money than the quality of services. The environment is so stressful, not because of the work, but because you just don't know if you will have a job tomorrow. The line staff all understand one another and a lot of them are looking for other jobs. It just feels like there is a gap between the staff and management, an "us" versus "them" environment, where there is no support. They treat us like we are the enemies when all we are trying to do is service the families and children in the community. Also, some of the things that are being done as it relates to the various programs are unethical. Please get some managers who are qualified to run these programs and who will support the staff and the work we do, not just focus on productivity. I support the mission, I just do not support the way in which the company is being ran.

Cons

Vacation / Sick Time is not enough

Great place to work.

Awesome experience as a first job as a medical interpreter. I love the career growth I am gaining in the healthcare and mental health field.

The worst job experience I've ever encountered

This place is by far the worst company I've ever worked for and has such a bad reputation among other agencies in the Los Angeles area. The staff are great. It's management that makes your job intolerable. They are all very unprofessional, lack any tact, they talk to their staff like children and are constantly making changes without thinking it full through. Also the employee Turnover rate is extremely high.. Maybe one day management will see its because of them.

Pros

Serving the community

Cons

Having to deal with management who have no idea how to run a business nor treat their staff.

Not a good place to work

The place is very unorganized and have limited care for employees. They preach alot of things but dont come through. Limited support for staff unless you belong to the church it is asociated with.

Pros

not many

Cons

building, support, training

One of the worst places I've ever worked

The management here is extraordinarily poor and incompetent. They blame the staff for their faults and then continue to blame the staff when they don't see the results they want. The staff loves the work they do, but are so discouraged by the poor management that they are beginning to stop caring. The only pro is there is a fair bit of autonomy.

Good collegues

A typical day consist of seeing 3-4 clients per day. I learned a lot about dmh paperwork and billing. Co-workers are supportive. The hardest art of the job is the field work - driving in traffic is taxing

Pros

community involvement

Cons

not enough funding to take care of everyone

Great place to work and develop your career skills

The CEO and staff are great. Great place to develop your managerial and or career skills.

Pros

atmosphere conducive to productivity

Cons

strong political influence

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Personal Involvement Center, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6

Personal Involvement Center, Inc. Reviews by Location

• Personal Involvement Center, Inc.