Perspecta
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

Perspecta Employee Reviews

Featured review
Perspecta selected this as a representative review
Everyone is so supportive and welcoming! They encourage training and learning new things to help you in your Career. The company is always encouraging personal growth and work / life balance. Highly recommend to all Family & Friends!
Perspecta was a solid company to work for. Manager and team was very supportive and the work was challenging. Investigators make their own schedule and the position requires motivated, self-starting individuals. Unfortunately everything changed due to the pandemic and a full week of work was not guaranteed. I would still be working there otherwise.
Pros
Flexible work environment, make your own schedule, meet new people every day
Cons
Tight deadlines, unsteady workload
Fantastic management, good work environment . Work is challenging. Good advancement opportunities. Bonuses are good, workload is reasonable. Good support in an ever changing occupation.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Budget restricted, weak management supports itself and treats the workers like outsiders. Promises made for support but distributed to pet employees.
Pros
Work
Cons
Stress, lack of trust, mind games, playing employees against one another.
You will never get "paid for performance." Any promotion is Machiavellianly not paired with an increase in pay, due to pay band overlap. Your counterpart in another part of the country will have the same job as you, get paid double, and do less work than you. Culturally, this company is still EDS, down to the last good ol' boy. Don't let the name change fool you. With every name change, there is a pre-down sizing. The budget is perpetually, "razor thin", but you will get emails frequently talking about a new contract win for 17 billion dollars.The work part is work. You do your job and you go home. You get paid. You get benefits. If you're a manager, you are in a competition with the other managers to be the best sycophant. This is not a company to grow in. When they hire you, ask for the top salary you hope to ever achieve.
Pros
They do pay you.
Cons
Culture of evil corporate greed
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
A road to nowhere!! They lose contracts and fire people who had nothing to do with them losing it. They lack business knowledge. They are just holding on. There is confusion everywhere. Those who lack leadership skills are in leadership positions
Pros
Some of the people are nice
Cons
Management has no clue about management
Workload is intense with strict deadlines and unrealistic expectations. You set your own schedule but in order to accommodate interviews you may have to work late after hours. You're pretty much on your own with no one to talk to or guide you. Policies constantly change and you have to deal with people reviewing your work who may or may not have any understanding of what is actually needed. This results in disincentives for your bonus and is extremely frustrating and stressful. Training is terrible. You can travel or may be forced to suddenly travel but that can be fun they give you nice hotel rental car per diem. But again you're in some city across country alone just driving around and talking to people.
Pros
Ability to travel, flexibility, meet new people
Cons
Alone, stressful deadlines and pressure from management, lay offs
Typical IT contractor work, pay, and benefits. The people are nice, friendly, fun. The flexibility to work where I need to is great. Managers and employees listen to each others' ideas and work together to solve problems.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and location
A lot of favoritism and no room for growing. They pass you for promotion to give it to someone they like. One of the QA managers likes to just hired women for his own amusement.
Pros
No pros at all
Cons
No room for growing, unethical, no work/life balance, just a horrible place to work.
Go into this company with the understanding that you're just a number. High turnover, no loyalty, no work life balance and it's all about metrics. Most folks I came into training with are gone. No two Reviewer's see the information the same which can cause confusions.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
High turnover
Contrary to popular belief, working from home is not as great as one might seem to think. I was either at home all day sitting in front of my screen typing reports or out driving around town interviewing individuals. Your work is based on a point system based on your level; which requires gathering documents or interviewing individuals. You will also use your own vehicle, which the company will reimburse you for just gas. It's up to the investigator to maintain their vehicle and to be insured. The points system ranged from .05 to 3 points per item, which meant that one specific item (interview/document), could require more work and typing than the other. This means one needs to methodically plan out their week, with scheduling their work and driving. The work itself was fun and I was able to learn about different agencies; regarding their functions and purpose. Hardest part of this job, are the people. I did meet some interesting people! Some of my interviewees that I encounter, became confrontational/irritable as they question your motive. Yes, people do not like Investigators calling their work or knocking on their door, displaying a “worthless” silver badge asking questions regarding their neighbors/friends' worthiness. Their most popular saying….”Your badge looks fake and I can buy that online!!” I have had the doors slam in my face, threaten, call the LEO/Security on me, and report me to my company. Which ironically the company took their side over mine. Understandable, the customer is always right. Managers; I can’t speak for other Managers within the company, however, - more...
Pros
Office Supplies; printers, papers, etc; Reimbursement of expenses; Quarterly bonus;
Cons
Pay and sub par benefits; insurance/dental, and dealing with irrational people
Had I known what the position would actually entail, I would have not applied for this job. This position may be suitable for those who prefer to work alone, but that was a con for me. The training was very poor once you were released into the field and were forced to be self-sufficient and could be very lonely at times not having peers to seek for advice. Management was only concerned about making quarterly numbers and did not seem to care about the quality of life of their employees. Depending on case type and case load it could be difficult to manage. Between the amount of handwritten notes and typed documents that would constantly get sent back from review with meaningless commentary, the job did not pay adequately for all that you do on a daily basis.
Pros
Make your own schedule, had a badge
Cons
Poor training, policies always change, only care about making weekly metrics
The aid to the warfighters is the utmost focus, also the support and supply. Management is more focused on the immediate need and seem to perform more smoke and mirrors to portray their service offering. The management is self centered and selfish.
Pros
Inter workings with the war fighter.
Cons
Poor leadership and management.
The work itself is fun and gave me a strong sense of purpose. But the company? No way. There are constant layoffs and reorginazations that leave you worrying if you're going to have your job in the morning.3 managers in 3 years and not one of them made me want to stay in that job. Ranging from demeaning to downright aggressive, these people were a genuine displeasure to work with and for. Maybe they were under crazy pressure from above, but that wasnt a reason to take it out on the rest of us. The company, despite what they'd preach in meetings, actively encouraged distrust and animosity between groups within the company with how they structured the company.The only people who ever supported me or cared about me as a person were my fellow investigators. The HR team was an unresponsive and generally unhelpful bunch. I never felt heard.
Pros
You didnt have to work in an office
Cons
Literally everything else. Toxic work environment, subpar benefits and pay for a federal contractor.
Same complaints from many people, still fun though. If they will have me I will go back but just need that Comptia certification first. I guess MCSE is not good enough.
Pros
Cons
Listening to other agents trashing where you came from (California) with no brains at all.
A great work place. Company treats you like a human being and not just some warm body that can be "charged" on a program/project. They really did care about me and valued my opinion. I would go back again if the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Compensation/Time Off
Cons
Work locations may be a little far.
The exec leadership do a lot of proactive communication to keep everyone updated on the company, issues, COVID, etc. They have shown how they care about employees by putting so many precautions into place for COVID for the staff who need to be in the office.
Perspecta is a clear leader at teleworking opportunities for their employees even before COVID-19. They really evaluate the driving distance between offices for employees and if over 1.5 hrs they let employees remote work (depending on contract).
Pros
Teleworking standard
Cons
Lower pay
Never had a set schedule. Would work one week with one schedule and then the next a twelve hours difference. NO COMMUNICATION AT ALL. Had me doing five different jobs with no compensation.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Perspecta has a great PTO package, work flexibility, and health insurance. They try to place you in an office close to your home or within customer spaces.
best paying entry job around hands down. If you have a cert you are safe. Show up on time and do your work you can advance or use as a stepping stone
  1. Employee Reviews