Perspecta Employee Reviews

Generally a good company to work for...
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 25, 2019
They are coming off a multiple company splits/mergers. Pay and advancement have been stagnant for years and much of the workforce is beginning to age out with replacements coming slowly.
Pros
Steady work, Great management
Cons
Little OJT, pay is good but, not really competitive, company perks are kind of bare bones.
Benefits are not so great
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 24, 2019
I used to like my job and we had a really good team. However, it is now being taken over by a group of micromanagers who are making work impossible. They have decided to implement Agile. I suppose that could be implemented in such a way that it is not a waste of time from having so many meetings. But that is not how they have seen fit to implement it.

The benefits are not as good as we had with the company from two years ago.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Micromanagement
Concerns re diversity
Investigator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 23, 2019
I think this company has diversity issues related to people with disabilities. Looking to find others who have had or having similar issues email. Disabilityissues @ yahoo
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Weeding out good people
Unhappily Ever after
ACAS Principle Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 21, 2019
Not happy with the culture of the people. My work conditions weren't the greatest and the team environment wasn't the best. All and All I wish I would have stayed at HPE.
Challenging work environment that is almost great
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 20, 2019
Perspecta offers challenging and rewarding work in a fast paced and collaborate environment; however, its compensation ultimately proves to be the main issue, as it's industry average at best even though the company expects you to go above and beyond.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, ability to work from home
Cons
Health benefits, salary
I would look elsewhere
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 19, 2019
Workplace culture: Management is more concerned with adherence to corporate policy than with employees. Salary compensation for some of the people in leadership positions does not match the responsibilities of the person. Deadlines are imposed and adherence is critical. Planning seems to elude them.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. It's a good group.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management seems out of touch with employees
Relaxed Yet Busy Place
MAC Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Crane Naval Depot, INMarch 14, 2019
The working atmosphere and dress code is relaxed. Although, my office supports computers, printers, and other computer related issues for an entire US Navy base in Indiana. So, my office stays quite busy throughout the year supporting the Navy's computers. As far as advancement goes, there is very little advancement opportunity with this job. Most people start with here to get a job on base until they find something better.
Great company to work for
Senior BI Architect (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2019
Perspecta is a great company to work for.. I have learnt a lot in terms of technical and managerial skills and new technologies which made me to improve in my career.
Excellent company
Senior Systems Engineer, Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 2, 2019
Excellent company--will hate to move away. Trying to balance two careers with my wife and myself. the company is growing smartly and steadily. I have no complaints, and only encouragement to future engineers and managers to work at perspecta.
Pros
Professional VP levels
Cons
Few bonus programs
Difficult to advance in rural areas
Field investigator 2 (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 18, 2019
I enjoy this job and the mission most days and I had a very supportive manager that helps me out. My background made transitioning to this job somewhat easy. The training was heavily focused on one type of interview which I learned very well and then got to the field and conducted 1-2 a month on average. The rest of the stuff that was kind of glossed over in training made up the majority of my work and I felt ill prepared to complete it. Review can be frustrating because most refiles count against your stats even if the reviewer was incorrect. So basically you can be penalized for doing the job correctly. When it comes to credit for the work you do, I work a rural area and sometimes have to drive an hour away only to not be able to track someone down. I will get paid for this time but will receive 0 credit and it will appear as though I have done nothing for those hours worked. Because the amount of credit you earn per hour is tied to your promotions and bonuses (the only way to get a pay increase) working in a rural area is difficult. The expectations for the amount of work you will complete are the same as working in a large metro area like DFW. With all that, I would imagine I would be more satisfied with this job if I was doing it in a large city but if that isn’t the case you will likely have a hard time. Regarding the “you make your own schedule” you can’t turn down interviews that are outside the M-F 9-5 so if that’s when someone requests to meet you have to meet them at 10 at night or on a Saturday.
Pros
Good pay for low cost of living areas
Cons
Promotions are difficult
You can make your own schedule and work at your pace
Investigator II (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILFebruary 15, 2019
I don't get the negatives, maybe they didn't have a good manager. I personally have been very happy after one year. I learn a lot from refiles. You learn from mistakes and they make you sharper. You begin to feel a better comfort level after about 6 to 8 months, but will probably never master the job. I've been employed by three employers, including my military service in my 52 year life. I have NEVER had a career where I am entrusted to log my work hours unsupervised, schedule my appointments unsupervised and conduct my work unsupervised. It's very nice to be entrusted in this manner. My colleagues in my region are exceptional with guidance and assistance. My manager arranges dinners and luncheon parties. Our clientele are absolutely wonderful people and we are well supported. Bonuses are easily achieved and I have received two substantial bonuses and a recruitment bonus before my one year anniversary. Ive taken two vacations this year and get very good compensation packet regarding holidays and vacation. Benefits could be better priced. Days go by fast. Report writing is tedious and done in third person. Took some adjusting for me because I was a Police Officer many years. Employer is strongly recommended. Training in Loveland is a blast and very enjoyable. Lovely town and great training staff. I have been promoted to Level II after 8 months and am about to receive my Level III. You do have to pay attention, provide details and resolutions and provide detailed reports. Once you get it down, its cake. Reviewers help, IHT and IT are a phone call away and  more... can walk you through any problems which is most valuable. Hats off to all all of them for helping me along. Dont be scared by negative reviews. I can understand it is difficult at times, but can be accomplished. Ive never worked anywhere ever in my life with the ability to schedule at my pace. Total blessing for me. I am very grateful for this job and thankful of the help from my supervisor and CO workers. I am very thankful my boss hired me, people are now jealous I have a job with this sort of flexibility. I highly recommend to everyone I meet.  less
Pros
Compensation, time off, flexibility
Cons
Medical insurance is sort of expensive
Disconnect between class-room and on the job training
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 15, 2019
Skills learned during the class-room training were deemed incorrect by the on-the job trainer. Policies in the hand-book were also considered wrong by the on-the-job trainer and was specifically directed to ignore. There was very little consistency between the two training environments and therefore, I feel, this sets up an environment where people are being set up to fail in the Las Vegas office.
Great environment
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAFebruary 12, 2019
Great place to work, decent benefits and vacation packages but no bonuses, raises or promotion ability. Purely a place to work for experience in a title to move onto something better later.
Pros
vacation package, work from home abilities
Cons
no raises, bonuses or promotions
Flexible work hours
Background Investigator I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2019
Typical day consists of a mix of field and administrative work. No day is exactly the same. You spend alot of time meeting and interviewing people and taking notes. Hardest part of the job is when your work is sent back for correction. If you learn not to take it personal, everything else is enjoyable. I personally enjoy the freedom of creating my own schedule. Meeting new people and not staying in one place for too long. Job can be lonely because its just you.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible
Cons
Could be paid more but it pays the bills
Work culture is Driven by the Bottom Line
Investigator III (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 12, 2019
Caseload is always at 150-170% despite repeated requests to be more realistic. More than one person assigns work and they do not communicate w/ one another. Computer systems are down or malfunctioning on a daily basis inhibiting effective completion of work. More time spent waiting for various programs to work properly, if at all. Incompetent personnel, who fail in the field, are moved to undesirable management positions since they are "owned" by the company having been extensively trained. This makes for a disastrous, unprofessional work atmosphere. There is no work/life balance in this job. This company is under pressure to produce an overdue work product at the expense of its employees. The turnover rate here is higher than the retail or food service industry. A sure sign a job stability or toxicity is its turnover rate. The upper management will never know the numerous issues experienced by its predominantly remote work force because the lack of access remote investigators have to voice concerns other than to their one manager. There is a reason these investigative companies are a dime a dozen, merge w/ others and are constantly changing their names.
Pros
set own work schedule
Cons
unprofessional management
Productive workplace good team work.
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  White Oak, MDFebruary 11, 2019
Average benefits but they did have health insurance and a 401K. Most of the corporate support staff works from home. I worked from home and at the customer site as well as traveled. The contract had a big budget to replace all Cisco equipment. Initially they had a very nice leave package but it got cut when they migrated from DXC to Perspecta. Overall the support staff was very helpful and professional when you needed help!
Pros
Support staff and team members.
Cons
No paid training for certifications or college tuition.
Violates employment laws, waste of government spending
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 8, 2019
I've seen multiple employment laws violated and there's no HR department to even handle this. All of the people actually doing the work are like slaves being traded by greedy upper management to make a profit. You aren't a human being to them, just an entry on a financial plan. It's like being in an abusive relationship. Perspecta hides behind multiple supplier companies to try to avoid liability. People show up on site not even knowing what job they have and who knows what promises they were made to get them there. They are given paperwork telling them not to talk to the government customers about their concerns. Did I mention it's like being in an abusive relationship? Yeah, that. It's a threat to national security. I would bet all the positive reviews on here are from the soulless management.
Pros
The actual people you work with day to day are nice, intelligent, hard working
Cons
Abusive practices by upper management, you are not treated like a human, it's all about billing the government and increasing their profits
Poorly managed IT groups
Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, VAFebruary 8, 2019
The EOC in the Clarksville, VA location is lacking in leadership, team fostering environment and standard operating procedures. If the company's chance of surviving a contract renewal is contingent upon the management/supervision of its EOC, I predict there will be no chance for job security at this location.
Great so far
NETWORK MONITORING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 6, 2019
Every job has it's ups and downs, but so far Perspecta has been solid. Insurance is reasonably priced (my old job was crazy expensive) PTO is solid, and my program manager has been great so far. If you're new to the IT field, it's great, if you've been in it for a while, some of the benefits might not stack up the same as other companies, BUT, I have still seen plenty of companies with bad benefits. I would say Perspecta is somewhere in the middle.
Pros
Good vacation from the start, and company contribution towards healthcare.
Cons
No tuition reimbursement, learn as you go, no real "training"
Contract cancelled abruptly
Engineer (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 6, 2019
I took a job working at Perspecta in December, I worked for several weeks on a government contract before the government shutdown, after not being paid for 5 weeks, I resumed work and was told after a few days our contract was being terminated early. I never got a laptop and never got to do any actual work. Very frustrating. I know this stuff happens, but I would suggest finding work somewhere more stable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perspecta. Our community is ready to answer.