Perspecta Employee Reviews

Over worked underpaid
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MASeptember 7, 2018
First off, it's sad that there is actually a job posting that says room for growth in the Hingham location. That is 100% not the truth. You come in at entry-level and you're staying there. Over worked, underpaid. You could have the BEST review or the WORST and there is or never will be raises. If you bring up this topic you'll get the response "if you don't like it, leave" Your manager will actually sit in your review tell you how great of an employee you are but keep on encouraging you to go look for a new job. Pretty sad that they don't even fight to keep their best employees. Management will also actually reprimand employees on the floor for others to hear. Alot of petty behavior as well
The ONLY good thing in this location is flexible schedule, but that won't pay the bills!

if you want to keep your sanity..keep scrolling!
Great Job
Special Investigator II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 10, 2019
Pros:
-work from home office
-make your own schedule (from this I learned more effective time management)
-exposure to people in a variety of professions and industries
-decent benefits
-bonuses are not hard to make

Cons:
-there's a lot of work to be done and unless you get a *good mentor and a reasonable supervisor, you're in for a difficult learning curve---a *stressful learning curve.
-once you get over that curve, you have to maintain an increasing workload
-repetitive work

Other info:
-though the work is repetitive, you're always in different locations and aren't stuck in your office all day.
-learned about different contractors and fed agencies in my area
-made contacts in different organizations
-my management is great, though you sometimes get the feeling that you're working a lot more cases and getting paid less than people in other similar companies (several colleagues of mine have left to different organizations and I'm aware their compensation is much higher and with lower case loads).
lackluster
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 16, 2018
Everytime a new company is formed either salaries, benefits or both are slashed. Employees have worked under the following companies: EDS, HP, HPE, DXC, Perspecta. 10 years without a raise, either I was not a very good employee or there is a lack of concern by management for it's employees. Kept hearing how great of a job I was doing but that this year only x% got raises and you were 1/2 of a percent out of the top 5, so sorry.
Pros
it's an enjoyable job
Cons
there isn't a lot of career advancement opportunities, pay and benefits are terrible
Stay Away
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 21, 2018
Worked at Keypoint now Perspecta for a year as a BI after retiring as a police investigator for 26 years. I read all the negative reviews and thought people were just lazy, boy was I wrong. The training is insufficiant and once you start work you are woefully unprepared. Reports are graded by reviewers that have different opinions concerning so called errors. Each time you turn in a report it comes back with different opinions about your so called errors. The turnover in this company is ungodly , I mean I constantly noticed that the reviewers, BI and logistic analyst were quitting constantly so this added to the mass confusion in this company. Oh and the worst part is the pay, $17.54 and hour to start and unless you take on more work no raise. I asked my FM several times how much of a raise I would get to take on more work and nobody could give me a straight answer? It’s a shame because I enjoyed the work and the people I met while conducting Investigations, but this company cares only about one thing..... how much money they can make by running you into the ground !
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Read narrative
Vencore, now Perspecta
Information Systems Security Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 17, 2018
I have worked with the same company for over 13 years. Perspecta being the newest name of the company.

My management team is great. They like for their employees to exceed and excel in their positions.

Providing great customer service is key to longevity with any company and Perspecta is no different. I love the organization that I support and hope to remain with this company and retire in 6 years.
Pros
Great management, benefits and fair compensation.
Good first security job
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 17, 2018
This is a good first security job but limited promotion opportunities. Learn as much as you can and then leave if you want/need better benefits. Can't beat the work life balance. Great coworkers, ok managment but no growth potential or raises.
Pros
for now unlimited PTO
Cons
no path for advancement and pay not great
Great vacation policy , Most of all position are remote
System and Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 28, 2018
Great vacation policy , Most of all position are remote. Also great work/life Balance. Let you work independently . Good tech support with your company labtop and also makes accommodations like getting larger monitors when them to complete your task.
Pros
Unlimited Vacation time, flexible schedule, Work from home
Cons
Salary, Merit increase, and cost of medical benefits
Background Investigator
Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  Anywhere, USJuly 29, 2018
As an Investigator, be prepared to work a LOT. Case assignments are heavy but achievable, if you work hard and smart. Case loads are assigned above your level to allow for advancement and/or evaporation.

You work out of your home but travel (mostly local) a great deal, conducting interviews, gathering records, etc. To complete cases. This is definately a job with a lot of work to do. As long as you are willing to work, you should really enjoy this job.
Pros
Set your own schedule; support network
Cons
Heavy workload
ignores ADA protections
Investigator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 7, 2019
I was hired by Keyport, the Perspecta bought them out. It was the darkest day of my career when I left my past job to work for this horrible company. They give absolutely no consideration to human diversity and completely ignore the American Disabilities Act. They only want people who fit into a narrow cookie cutter profile and refuse the consider the strengths that come from having different perspectives in their organization.

Its too bad they are handling security clearances as their arrogance and blindness can cost our nation's security.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no recognition of diversity.
Hard pass
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2018
If you like a dead end job with no advancement and the possibility that you will have to train underlings and then eventually get fired, then apply here. Management is garbage. Pay is garbage. Morale is the whole dumpster truck of garbage.
It's Not Worth It
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  OregonJanuary 3, 2019
Like many others, I read all the negative reviews and thought people were just wrong. The training probably should be longer and once you start work you are very unprepared and on your own. The Reports you submit are graded by reviewers, some who have zero experience in the field, and they will rip them apart, sending refile after refile. Some refiles will just point out vague errors because they're not reading reports and trying to do too many reviews in a short amount of time. Each time you turn in a report it comes back with different opinions about your so-called errors. Turnover is definitely happening; investigators aren't treated well. I believe that a lot of Field Managers are doing a fine job, preventing as much minutia as possible to assist their investigators, but they can only do so much. Like many others who have posted reviews here, I have also noticed that this company has the worst pay, $17.54 an hour to start. By the time you have paid for your health, dental, vision, and other benefits, you will be lucky to net $2000 a month. Your work output per week/month will determine if you receive a bonus, and you aren't going to see a raise worth bragging about. Frustration sets in and there are many, many, many days that it's easy to walk away. A typical week, since finishing training, is at least 50 or more hours, and over 500 miles driven. The only thing I have enjoyed about this job is meeting some fellow investigators, my field manager, and some great people on the road. The work sucks.
Pros
A home office
Cons
Refiles, Refiles, Refiles, Extra Hours, Excessive Miles, low pay
Ever changing, entrepreneurial, exciting opportunities for growth
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 3, 2018
Newly formed company after merging 3 organizations allowing for multiple growth opportunities. There are some initial growing pains associated with culture change and establishing 1 employer identity however the future looks very bright.
Good
NMCI Field Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 17, 2018
Good working environment.
Highly skilled professional people.
Regular working hours.
Paid time off.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with customers and problem solving.
Pros
insurance, hours, Pto
Cons
No performance based pay raises
APL (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 14, 2018
After 24 years in IT, the perspective of the IT companies has changed dramatically. Be prepared to work with challenging clients and more stress than the norm.
Benefits
Cons
Stable Workplace, a good place to start your career.
Employment as Leveraged Help Desk T1 (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 13, 2018
Overall, work at perspecta is not overly taxing, but the opportunity to gain experience and certifications is present. Once those have been achieved, more opportunities present themselves for advancement.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
If you don't try, you won't advance. Easy to fall into that trap.
Finance manager
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 4, 2018
Great smart colleagues, unlimited vacation but limited growth.The pay/benefits could be a better, especially the 401k match. There’s too many tools, add-ins, etc. The tools work pretty well, there’s just too many, which creates inefficiencies...
Too little compensation for job duties and responsibilities
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 4, 2019
Too little compensation for job duties and responsibilities. Steep learning curve and unrealistic expectations as to when to ascend that curve. Relentless, overbearing manager.
Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 15, 2018
Fast past environment that doesn't allow a healthy balance of work/life. Compensation and benefits are very low for the work required. Low morale among investigators.
Pros
work remotely; flexible hours
Cons
compensation, unrealistic work load
Mismanaged by Private Equity Bankers
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAOctober 15, 2018
The positive reviews on this company are not accurate. The company is being mismanaged by a Private Equity Investment firm that has no experience in the business domains where Perspecta (formally Vencore) is active. In addition the person serving as Perspecta’s president is an employee of Veritas Capital not Perspecta. According to the Presidents resume he lacks the experience managing an organization the size of Perspecta. Perspecta employees are subject to almost yearly cuts in pay and benefits. In some cases the pay cuts can be as high as 30%. Renewing an option year on a contract or being moved to another contract are events that result in employee pay cuts. Staff reductions are common place. Perspecta management positions are exclusively filled by retired military personnel as a result there is no upward mobility for college educated professional employees. A portion of the management is retired in place, their only concern is drawing a pay check in addition to their government retirement check and provide no value add to the organization. Management takes great pride in reminding employees of the corporate training policy. Vencor’s training policy was “An employee can have all the training the employee wants as long as the training is outside regular business hours and the employee pays all expenses associated with the training”. I assume the company maintains the same policies after the name change. Perspecta’s business model is to supply bodies to government service contracts and skim a percentage of the pay off the top for company profit. With this type of business  more... model it would be in Perspecta’s best interest to have a highly educated and motivated work force. Perspecta’s training policy is self-defeating. Finally, I should mention that some of Perspecta’s managers have a serious ethics issue. If a Management decision is questionable from an Ethics standpoint expect finger pointing by management if the action is noticed by the customer or higher authorities in the Perspecta management chain.  less
Pros
None.
Cons
Management lacks Ethics. President is very arrogant and condescending.
Horrible company and horrible management, horrible to contractors!
Contract Investigator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2018
Formally Keypoint, so this is for them as well, they treat contractors horrible, but full time employees worse. They do not care, you work on your own if you contract, so you don’t get to build relationships. Everyone I had in a managing role left or got fired. They have unreal expectations and put too much pressure on everyone. It was not a good job.
Pros
Work when you want.
Cons
Hard to get work sometimes and they do not care about you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perspecta. Our community is ready to answer.