Perspecta

Perspecta Employee Reviews

Good place for entry level starters
A lot of changes going on at the moment and it's not always an easy transition but overall it's a great place to work at. Manager's are fair and overall have a positive attitude.
Productive, but as a contractor advancements and communicate from management are limited.
Pros

Flexible, can work from home

Get on a good contract & get the good benefits defined in the contract

Cons

Benefits, etc. are on a downward trend after merger

No communication from upper management

fun
I enjoyed working remotely.. I had the flexibility to make my own schedule . communicated with my team via email and phone calls. always available to help
not a bad place to work
I was working for perspecta for a little over 2 years with no complaints on how things were run. I would recommend the job for anyone looking to advance their career in IT support. more roles in the company allow advancement into different lines of work, such as Field Services and Network Management.

Overall a great place to work.
Subcontract Administrator Position
If you are a Subcontract Administrator, there is no better place to work than Perspecta! Our Management Team is always there for us when we have questions or need a helping hand. The training tools and job-related resources that this Department has made available to us are far superior to any other company I have worked for. In addition, they hold a minimum of two on-line Skype training sessions per month, where questions can be asked during as well as after the presentation to enhance learning.

The Department is also extremely flexible; they understand if you have a Doctor's appointment or a sick child that you need to tend to.

The Team is very friendly, co-operative and works together very well. We try to answer each other's questions in a collective environment before we go to Management, which enhances our learning.

I cannot say enough great things about Perspecta's Subcontract's Team!
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Extremely Stressful!
A typical day involves attention to email, voicemail, and your calendar. Anything and everything is subject to change on a daily basis!
Extremely flexible and yet also precise time management and organizational skills are a must!

Your work will be alone 80% of the time and with interview subjects 20% of the time. Workplace "culture" is exclusively by email, Skype and phone. Outside of training, there is very little in-person interaction with co-workers or management.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up due dates, constantly changing rules and regulations and fixing and correcting errors, both major and minor. Almost no mistake gets a "pass" and fixing minors errors is often a demanded priority, even over other work of much higher importance! Please also be aware that certain "mistakes" you might make can result in fines or imprisonment! Seriously! Do your job wrong - go to jail!

The most enjoyable part of the job is driving to and from appointments and meeting with the interview subjects. Everything else is dull, boring and very, very stressful!
A lot of intercompany changes, spin offs, buy outs
Probably will be a good company, but experienced a rapid pace of spin offs, buy outs and group I was in got lost in transition. Once landing at Perspecta (through several spin offs - 4 different company's in 7 years), there was no actual work. At the end was left to "busy" work and management promising work, but nothing happened. Couldn't stand sitting around and getting paid to do nothing, so out of ethical practice.
Finding balance
I feel I would be more productive as a salary employee. The pro in this position making your own schedule and the biggest con is emphasis on production. Typical day is making calls for appointments, driving to/from various locations to interview multiple people and writing reports of these interviews. Very high pace, can be stressful, and is not for everyone. This is a military friendly company with options for those with spouses that are active military and need to relocate when their spouse must PCS.
Less than the sum of its parts
Perspecta took 3 functioning companies and made them into one dysfunctional one. No one is seeing raises, promotions, or advancement within the company.
The company is for the shareholders, not the employees. There's a steady stream of qualifie people leaving the company while poor performers are retained.
Good place to get some experience, but don't get comfortable.Raises are nonexistent.
Perspecta is alright.. I have survived 2 spin-mergers. Some days I love my job. Others, I can't stand to sit at the computer and work. Generally, as long as your work is getting done they leave you alone.
I was here 3 years before I got a massive 2% raise. If you are looking for a place to settle down and do the work you love, this is the place as long as you negotiate a salary that will last you a good 5-7 years. Raises are nonexistent. I have heard of many people leaving the company for a few months to come back and get a 50% raise. If only they would pay market rates to begin with.
Very good company to work for. Manager was very respectful of employees. Good benefits. Fellow employees as eager to help when needed. Provided support to customers was the biggest satisfaction of the job.
Pros
Hours
Employee Focused
The company has implemented a number of new programs and benefits to support their employees including paid benefits, certification programs. and a good work/life balance.
Energetic, Growing Company
Management Team Seeks Opportunities for Growth
Strategic Vision seeking Future Opportunities

One of the top 15 companies I have worked for in my career
Dont bother
it not worth it to work for them. Trust me when I say if your not desperate for work than move on to another contractor. Its not even worth writing a review but I did to help other that debating if they should work for them.
A great place to work
Great corporate culture. Not so big that you remain anonymous. Management is very engaged with the staff.
Pros
Good benefits package.
Professional managment and support staff.
Being a Background Investigator is not easy. The amount of work that you need to complete is a lot and is overwhelming at times. The only good thing about this job is that you are on your own, setting your own schedule and managing yourself.
If you like working from home
If you want to work by yourself, then by all means go for this job. However, although there is a flexible work schedule you feel like you are always working. This is a production based company and relies heavily on metrics, and making your numbers. If you are self-motivated, you can succeed with this job. If not, this is not the job for you.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
You feel like there is no team, and you are just a number to make the numbers.
Productive and fun place to work
Client support, solution design, deployment and support. Lab testing for production deployment followed by change management for review and approval. Solution risk management and mitigation. Compliance and resolution.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
No SOPs or Work/Life Balance
GOV projects with convoluted processes and "red tap" There are NO written project SOPs nor is there a centralized information sharing source with adequate version control Resources are outsourced and silo causing extreme delays
Giving back every day
Because of the type of work we do, we have an opportunity to give back every day to our country in a way so many would otherwise not be able to. It's an honor to do what I do.
Great intro to IT
Working at Perspecta was a great intro to working on the NMCI contract.

While there I learned about Windows 7 and 10. Specifically the 1803 update. Learned a lot about MSRA and RDC.

The people there were great from coworkers to the supervisors.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perspecta. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9