Perspectives Corporation logo
Perspectives Corporation

Perspectives Corporation Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Great coworkers and supportive staff

I worked at Sand Turn Group Home for a few months before having to leave due to COVID (mid-March 2020). It was a great place to work. It was a high alert job because you're working with adolescents, but I was also able to have fun and enjoy myself at times. The other DSPs are so easy to get along with, which is nice when you're working. The managers are easy to talk to if you have any problems or questions. The corporation is a great organization and helps so many people.

December 29, 2020
Perspectives Corporation appreciates your feedback! We are so thrilled to see that you had a supportive team at Sand Turn and enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate all of your hard work and the time you dedicated to our agency. Thank you!

Great Place To Work

Really fun job working with kids, management is phenomenal, and the clinical team has your back even when they aren't physically with you. Great job if you're getting into ABA.

March 16, 2021
Thank you so much for your feedback and your dedicated, hard work!We love to hear about our employee experience. Please feel free to spread the word that Perspectives Corporation is hiring. Don't forget about our generous employee referral bonus!

Terrible

I worked here for 3 years and was treated like trash upper management will work you like a dog, not compensate your money you worked for and they play favorites with staff. always short staffed cause they cany treat people with decency.

Pros

the clients

Cons

all the above

March 9, 2021
We are very sorry to hear this about your past experience at Perspectives Corporation. We understand how straining internal and external factors have been on our employees. We actively work towards fostering an environment of support and positivity. Management regularly seeks innovative ways on how to do processes more efficiently, and how to encompass all team members to ensure quality services are provided. Current and previous employee feedback is how we continuously shape our culture, our employee wellness trainings (mindfulness, stress resiliency, self-care), and our generous employee incentives (employee appreciation programs, employee referral programs, etc). Perspectives takes this feedback into consideration on how to improve our current practices. Thank you!

Unorganized, Lack of Communication, Unprofessional

This company will soon be going down under due their lack of professionalism, communication, and organization. They do not take care of their employees nor appreciate them for all of the hard work they do. Management has handled the pandemic horribly and continues to put staff at risk in situations that could have easily been avoided. The retention rate is LOW and everyone who starts new, stay within a month or two then leave because they see how horrible this company is. I’d recommend working in any other company in RI. There are plenty who treat their workers better.

Pros

Easy Hire

Cons

Low pay, bad management, instability in hours, lack of safety and communication

January 26, 2021
We are very sorry to hear this about your past experience at Perspectives Corporation. We thank you so much for sharing and take the feedback into consideration.Employee appreciation and employee wellbeing are areas of heavy focus for Perspectives Corporation. Management recognizes employees' work through “FISH!” our employee appreciation program that awards employees with Perspectives Gear. We also offer self care, mindfulness and stress resiliency trainings to help our employees professionally and personally grow. Our senior leadership and nursing team are very aggressive and flexible with facilitating protocols as COVID data changes to decrease chances of spread. We work diligently with managers to order and store PPE for all employees to keep them safe and healthy while working during the pandemic. Due to this, we can relay that there has been less than 10 employee COVID cases throughout the entire agency due to exposure while working with COVID positive individuals thus far. We are so proud of all of our employees who take their health, the individuals’ health and their work seriously; adhering to all guidelines in place, and making each day enjoyable during the pandemic.

I had a ton of freedom and flexibility as a pass worker.

I had a ton of freedom and flexibility as a pass worker and got to do a ton of fun activities with my clients like going to sports games (a ton), movies a lot, and more!I made the job as fun as I possibly could.

Pros

Great clients for me, friendly staff, flexibility, freedom to do what I wanted.

Cons

My experience at this job was a whole lot different then others.

January 5, 2021
Perspectives Corporation appreciates the feedback! We love to hear about our current and previous employees’ experiences. Two of our agency's “perks” we take pride in is our flexible schedules and the positive culture our employees and individuals create. Perspectives Corporation thanks you for all of your hard work and your motivation to make work fun!

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Great clients

Good place to get yourself started towards a career in Behavioral Health. Great place to learn about teamwork,work and what it means to be a good team player

December 29, 2020
Perspectives Corporation appreciates you taking the time to write a review! We are so happy that you learned such great skill sets at our agency. We hope that you can continue to utilize the skills learned while you continue your journey outside of our agency. Thank you so much!

Management makes the job atrocious

More often than not I am unhappy going to work. I love the idea of working with people, but the company does NOT value you. They will quite literally fire you while you're on shift and tell you it's your responsibility to figure out what to do with the client (has happened to two coworkers). The company will open positions and ask you to apply knowing very well they don't want you for the position because you are too flexible. If you work hard they try to keep you down because they know they can take advantage, and unless you know somebody you won't increase in position.

Pros

Working with people, being outside, mostly free on your daily activities

Cons

Work through lunch, random schedules, changing shifts last minute

December 16, 2020
Perspectives Corporation is so very sorry to hear about your unhappiness with your current employment experience with our agency. We value all of our current and former employees’ feedback, and take this into consideration on how we can improve. Thank you so much for sharing.Perspectives Corporation recognizes the employee stressors of internal factors and provides helpful tools on how to stay calm and level, when stressful situations arise like a co-worker being let go. Our trainings include heavy focus on employee well-being such as stress resiliency and self care. Perspectives Corporation acknowledges our employees cannot provide quality services or create/maintain a positive environment without bringing their best self to work. We are also thrilled to offer growth opportunities with our agency and advertise to our employees internally. We understand that there is always excitement and disappointment around the possibilities of promotion. This is not an easy task, as we filter through so many great, internal candidates and may only require one candidate to fulfill the position. We always encourage our employees to continue trying, as we want everyone to strengthen their skill sets and meet their professional goals.

Awful Place to work!

This company has no communication at all. Management doesn't communicate at all! As a DSP we do more than anyone that works in this company and aren't compensated. Barely minimum wage and they work you until you are burnt out. They say they have these "trainings". No one cares about them because they are a complete joke. They got rid of our physical intervention that would keep us safe. Were not safe at all. The new physical intervention they gave us is so unsafe and that's why people go out of work from injury. The trainings are specified for our "mental health." They don't care if we are burnt out. They expect us to do the worse part of the job while management just bickers at us to do everything. The Clients also deserve better too!

Pros

Insurance

Cons

Everything else

December 1, 2020
Perspectives Corporation thanks you for taking the time to share such a detailed review about your current experience with our agency. We are disheartened to hear that there are elements of your position that displease you to say the least. Over the last 43 years of business in RI, the human services field has changed drastically and we continuously adapt to grow with it. Perspectives Corporation acknowledges that our adaptation relies on our leadership and the feedback from our dedicated, loyal employees. We believe our employees and our individuals deserve the best. For our employees, that is why we developed such trainings like our Stress Resiliency, Self Care, and Mindfulness. For our individuals, we put a large emphasis on self advocacy and that is why we moved away from physical restraints and towards a restraint-free crisis management technique. We want to create a positive, safe environment for everyone involved with our agency. We are very sorry to see such a negative experience. As always, we encourage ANY employee to come forward and reach out to our HR Dept with such concerns. Your voice matters and we are here to listen.

Too much for too little

What can I say. I’ve been with perspectives for many years and I feel that this is not the career of the future. They are doing their best but the quality of applicants has really dropped off and the overall expectations of management has become overwhelming. Positions cover multiple roles and responsibilities and there is never enough time to get everything done or to truly advance.

Pros

Benefits of you need them. Generous vacation time

Cons

Long days. Constant pressure from management

November 13, 2020
We are very sorry to hear this about your past experience at Perspectives Corporation. At Perspectives Corporation, we recognize that there may be stressful situations that arise from internal and external factors. To support our employees, we offer trainings that help during overwhelming times. Our trainings include heavy focus on employee well-being such as stress resiliency and self care. Perspectives Corporation recognizes our employees cannot provide quality services without bringing their best self to work. We encourage our employees to always be looking into the future (ahead of the stressful times) and to apply the tools provided in order to create a positive work environment.We value all of our current and former employees’ feedback, and take this into consideration on how we can improve. Thank you so much for sharing.

Not a good place even to ge your foot in the door

No support from the managment, they like to push reponsibility on the staff making it an even more stressfull environment for the residents. There is a loop hole for everything and youll end up taking more heat than you would if you just were there for the clients.

Pros

Schedule

October 14, 2020
We are very sorry to hear this about your present experience at Perspectives Corporation. We value all of our current employees’ feedback and we thank you for sharing what is not positive during your time here. This upcoming year, we are focused on rolling out a management training program to help our managers grow to be the best leaders they can be. Please feel free to contact our HR Dept at any time to discuss - we are always seeking feedback on how we can improve.

Jobs at Perspectives Corporation

See more jobs

It is a great place to work! Management is helpful and all the employees work together

● Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Perspectives Corporation is very nice they are flexible● Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Perspectives Corporation are decent● Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Perspectives Corporation, I think its very secure● ManagementIn general, managers at Perspectives Corporation are helpful and kind● CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Perspectives Corporation is great! Everyone worked together● OverallMy experience working at Perspectives Corporation was very educational and fun too!

Racist

This place is very immature and unprofessional when it comes to working in a group home. You're exposed to a lot of racism and picked at when you speak up about things. Have to have tough skin working here.

Innovative

Strive to be the best in what they do. Encourage growth for all employees. Look to be innovative in all aspects of the agency. Utilize technology in all areas of agency.

June 26, 2020
Thank you for your review and acknowledging our ever-growing motivation to be the best agency we can be. Perspectives Corporation takes pride in our employees’ development and cannot be the best without them! Please remember to take advantage of some of our ‘perks’ including learning and training opportunities for professional and personal growth. Be sure to partner with your supervisor to learn more!

Great place to work.

Can be stressful at times but an overall fun and rewarding job. Management was always there to help out. Co workers can be co workers, but most of them are friendly people.

June 12, 2020
Thank you for your review! We appreciate feedback and take it into consideration to make our work environment that much better. We implement mindfulness and stress reduction into most of our trainings now to help with managing stress. Most employees really appreciate implementing wellness into our culture. Again, thank you for your feedback!

Doing DSP work is the most rewarding job i have ever had.

Working as a dsp has taught me so much about the people we care for. I loved getting to be out every day taking our clients into the community. It is the most rewarding job I have ever had.

February 3, 2020
We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoy your position as a Direct Support Professional. Remember to take advantage of all of the benefits and perks that Perspectives Corporation has to offer including ASL classes, tuition reimbursement, growth opportunities, generous earned time off, employee referral bonuses, and so much more!Thanks again!

Good job

Good job Great people and benefits Great culture and room for advancements. Strong leaders and you get paid for your millage. Love the job love the job

January 27, 2020
Thank you so much for your feedback! We love to hear about our employee experience. Please feel free to spread the word that Perspectives Corporation is hiring. Don't forget about our generous employee referral bonus!

Making a difference

A typical day of work is mostly a one on one between the client and their staff. We provide a quality life for those who are in need of assistance in the residential group home. We become job coaches if they are employed, take them out into the community to be a part of everybody else in the community and enable them to freely make choices as to what they would like to do in their day. The work culture is fantastic because they all work as a team to support both each client and their coworkers. The most difficult part of the job is the behaviors or aggression's a client may do. They can become physical and the cooling point for the client may last a very long period of time. All your attention in general, aggression or not, is focused on the client so. However, the job is so rewarding because overall, you are making a difference in their lives and helping them to achieve their goals!

Pros

Making a positive difference in the lives of others

Cons

Physicality and mental stress could occur

January 27, 2020
Great feedback about Perspectives Corporation! We are thrilled to hear that you are having a positive employee experience. Remember to take advantage of our learning paths and career opportunities. Thank you for being a part of our team!

A Great place to work as long as you can manage time

A typical day at Perspectives includes hands on as well as guided assistance for individuals who would otherwise have trouble with day to day advances ranging from brushing their teeth, to troubles getting to and from appointments and family homes. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist others all while building a bond. This statement goes for the clients as well as accompanying staff. The hardest part of the job would be the spontaneous events that could unfold at any moment leading to your day not going as planned. Nonetheless, it is still a great place to work and management does their job well.

January 27, 2020
Perspectives Corporation appreciates your feedback. Great to hear that you had a supportive management team. We appreciate your hard work and talents. Thank you!

Will never recommend anyone

This company is not to bad but the wait they treat their workers is terrible. They favor those higher than you. I had an issue with a clinician who was extremely disrespectful and treated me and my client at the time like we were her kids. I addressed the situation in TWO meetings one with the senior director. As the meeting progressed I was blamed for HER actions. The reasoning for that is because she had so much experience and been with the company for so long. They favored her for that reason and didnt care about the treatment my client and i received. I will never recommend anyone to work here.

Fun workplace to learn about children with disabilities

In my role, I learned how to enter daily data to help track my clients progress in their behavioral progress. I also gained more experience working with children with disabilities. I was able to use my crisis management skills in a different way when handling negative behaviors.

Every job has it's issues

Been working for Perspectives for a little over five years- working with people that have disabilities is a stressful job no matter how you look at it. I found that most of the time people are willing to work with you, especially if you talk with them. Unfortunately some people wanted to talk about people rather than talk to them, which makes for a cliquey work environment. Any time I had an issue, I spoke with my manager and it was resolved. Pay is low, but they're working on that with the state. Really like the ETO & the insurance. Can't make a career of it due to pay unless you want to be a manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Perspectives Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight