Pet Paradise Resort Employee Reviews

Sadly, not a good place to work.
Playtime/resort (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 6, 2019
terribly unsafe and stressful. 40-60 dogs with two playtime coordinators (three if you’re lucky). Get written up if playtimes aren’t done, yet constantly understaffed. Resort associates do basically everything besides playtimes and it’s stressful. High turnover rates.
Low pay, high stress
Resort Associate (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 2, 2019
This place is stressful and not worth the pay. Management is alright, I've had worse. The clients ate dogs are the only good thing. This company doesnt know a whole lot about dogs and gets angry at those who try to speak up. It would make a good part time job for someone who is new to the dog industry, that's it. Raises are almost insulting. They dont care about their workers
Horrible, stressful, and depressing.
Playtime coordinator/resort/reception (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 30, 2019
First and foremost, the assistant manager is easily the worst person for the job. Micromanaging, uncaring, passive aggressive, down right disrespectful. The job could easily be a dream job, however management is only good at one thing; favoritism. They will write you up for nothing, schedule ridiculous amounts of doubles (even in the 100° weather) and yell at you for trying to cool down. Never expect “part time” 35-38 hours; with doubles. Get a new assistant manager and your staff will actually be happy.
Great until it was under new management!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 21, 2019
Its a corporate ran business so it is hard to tell they actually care for their employees. When I first started working there management was AMAZING and I actually enjoyed coming to work and providing customer care however now under the worst management ever. I wouldn't go back but as a whole Pet Paradise is a great experience.
Overwhelming
Resort Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 19, 2019
Don't apply here. The new manager is a joke. She never comes out of the office. In fact at the last meeting, we were told not to come to her for anything unless we are dying. There are employees here that have never seen her and the customers have never met her. We have a dress code but I guess that doesn't apply to her. She comes to work almost everyday with leggings on. She always leaves early all the time. She also doesn't allow any of the single play time dogs to get out. It's heartbreaking. You can obviously see this is not her passion. The love and care has comp!early went down hill since she came on board. This company is a complete joke anymore. I have seen a big change and they obviously have also forgotten what's important...we use to get appreciation lunches from old manager. We don't get anything but criticism from this one,when she does decide to come out of the office
Pros
Free daycare
Cons
Breaks if your lucky
Do not recommend
Kennel Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJune 15, 2019
I would not recommend this as a place to work. Poor managers and very stressful. Managers lack responsibility if an employee gets hurt. Team members are not helpful and always disappear. They dont work with school schedule or if you have a child.
Keep Looking
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 12, 2019
The call center is a clown show run by two clowns. You have to be in their click to make it work. Lack of communication and morale is a bummer here. I hated my time working here and I don't recommend it to anyone until they replace their current management in their call center.
Okay till it wasn’t
Resort Associate/ Playtime Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 4, 2019
My time at PPR had its ups and major downs. The dogs and supervisors (3 of them anyway) were the best part, as well as the handful of competent workers. The managers at this location had their ups and downs as well, but at the end, I was treated very poorly for a situation that was out of my hands. I worked 13 plus hour days some days and was thrown into situations that were unfavorable at the very least for the animals and workers due to corporates greed. At the end of the day, the pay was worth none of it. Leaving was the best decision I ever made.
Pros
Dogs, cats, the 7-8 competent people who worked there
Cons
Literally pretty much everything else
Hostile work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 29, 2019
This place is the most disorganized, chaotic environment I have ever experienced in a workplace. There are a couple of good managers (or assistant managers), but the others are either yelling at staff in front of the customers or being condescending and trying to make new hires feel stupid. They need to train employees better and have a more organized system. The amount of turnover there is astounding. From the moment you clock in until you leave, you have to hit the ground running. They are supposed to give you a break after three hours (even says so on the company site), but they never tell you to go take a break and if you try and sit down for a few minutes, someone will track you down or page you to come to the front. Every week someone is getting injured on the job, either getting bit ten by a dog or something else. Be prepared to work 6 a.m. to 6 or 7:00 p.m. at least twice a week. Just a forewarning of what to expect. It’s wonderful working with animals and there are some great employees there, but the mgmt. and insane workload/hours will suck the life out of you fast.
Pros
Working with dogs
Cons
Mgmt., hours, stressful work environment
A lot of work for little pay off
Play Coordinator/Communications Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2019
This company doesn’t pay its employees nearly enough which is why the turnover rate is OUTRAGEOUS. New people are constantly hired and you’re forced to train them, with no additional pay. You’ll be asked to fill multiple roles within the resort with no additional pay. Hours are cut with little to no notice, leaving you to struggle for weeks at a time. The Atlanta Resort has a lot of issues. They brought in a new resort manager to help profits... they made goal only because the resort manager decided to forego cleaning supplies so the entire resort smelled terrible for weeks. Rest assured, the issue was resolved before the regional manager came for a visit, but it’ll be gross again in no time. For a couple weeks there were no chemicals to keep the resort clean, no trash bags (so there were piles of dog feces sitting around with no where to go), and they ran out of house food for the dogs. No benefits, no sick days, you barely get enough hours to build up PTO time, no job security, and little to no training. The dogs/cats are the ONLY rewarding part of this job. They’d rather keep on employees who literally fail to do their job every day (like putting two aggressive dogs in the wrong room with a terrified dog and it not being discovered for half an hour) than an employee who works their tail off but struggles with health issues and is a full time student. If you don’t have any bills to pay and want a part time job working with dogs, this might be the place for you. If you tend to care about your job and especially your work environment, then I wouldn’t recommend putting yourself  more... through the stress of working here. This place will never improve if they don’t start hiring quality people or keeping quality workers on.  less
Pros
Dogs, cats
Cons
Everything else
Stress full work place
Groomer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 26, 2019
If your not in the in your a outsider. Working there is like being in the movie mean girls. The clients are amazing and the kennel staff is super sweet and great. Front desk people are nice and want to help. Managers are all super friends and even family so you can’t ever go to any of them if you have a issue. The groomers are all friends with the managers so if you make a mistake or upset them you end up on the out side.
Pros
Hours are good
Cons
Stressful
It’s a job
Resort Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2019
Absolutely no job security. The company is very strict on their policies and do not inform you of them until it’s too late. The dogs are sweet and the employees are wonderful, but management is cold hearted and unforgiving. Be prepared to work double shifts almost immediately and never expect to get off work at the time you are scheduled to. Your feet will hurt in every sort of way imaginable your socks will always be wet. The best part of the day is taking your shoes off. If they tell you to take a fifteen minute break, I’d recommend to set a stopwatch and see how long it actually is. Five minutes maximum before a manager comes in the break room and asks what you’re doing. This job is soul crushing. Only thing that makes the day a little better is a sweet doggie laying on her back and letting you pet her belly, or a wild puppy who just won’t stop licking your face. This place is a business, nothing more, nothing less. They care about the owners satisfaction with their pet’s stay, nothing more, nothing less.
Pros
Hour lunch for double shifts, interesting and fun coworkers, the sweet dogs and cats
Cons
Management, company policies
Amazing Job for TRUE Animal Lovers
Communications Associate & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 12, 2019
I absolutely loved every minute of work at the resort, my management team, and my coworkers! Management is supportive and truly wants each employee to succeed. There is definitely potential to move up in the company if you are a hard worker who has the qualities expected of management positions. I thought the pay was appropriate based on my experience level. Working at Pet Paradise is not glamorous or laid-back, but what else would expect when caring for dogs & cats every single day? Working with animals every day is exciting, but also exhausting. The animals deserve all the attention you can give them, so if you REALLY love animals this is a dream job. Many of the routines are easy to catch on to and easily mastered if you put in the effort. The job descriptions listed on applications are accurate, read them carefully to apply to the job most suited for your energy level. Of course, many aspects of the job are not "clean" (dogs and cats are not flawless creatures) so as long as you're honest with your ability to get down and dirty, there will be no surprises. Overall, I recommend working at Pet Paradise to ANYONE who is passionate about animal care!
Pros
paid time off, free boarding/day care for pets
Decent place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMay 10, 2019
They cut the hours so now everyone qorks part time, even the people who were hired full time, and the pay doesn't match the work load, but the managers were great, nothing bad to say about them just need to offer better pay.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Pay
Horrible place to work
Communications Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 6, 2019
I don’t know if it was just my location, but this just isn’t a good place to work. Our actual resort manager was pretty decent, but my supervisor should not have been a supervisor. They play favorites and as long as you’re one of them, you’re ok. If not, write ups galore. And the same things you are written up for or reprimanded for, they do and it’s 100% ok. Training is pretty much non existent. Be ready to work like a slave. When I was hired on, I was told one thing and then everything changed like they put on a front just to get people in. There are a lot of “safe” practices that I questioned. Pet parents are lied to about a lot of things. NO job security. A bunch of the staff right before I left was fired for honestly no good reason and the rest quit because of it. Just too much chaos.
Pros
Pay is decent enough
Cons
Everything else
Management is unprofessional and petty
Resort Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLApril 27, 2019
New Management will cut hours if they dont like you they don't take care of animals dogs left in cages for 2-3 days use scare tactics to control dogs
Pros
Cons
Constantly picking on employees, yelling at them, stressful work environment
Terrible
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 16, 2019
Elementary management, poor training, communication between management and staff is so below par its heart breaking. I will not recommend to anyone. Vet services ignored my request for treatment for my fur baby, and only addressed one issue. I clearly stated what I wanted, which baffles me.
Great job if you love working with animals
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 29, 2019
I love my job. I get to be surrounded by dogs and cats and it makes me so happy inside. I love learning new things each day which continue to advance in Pet Paradise! Although, I think the pay is low. Not only for myself, but for all of the employees working their butts off to make sure every pet is happy and healthy. Encouraging team and management that really want everyone to strive to do their best to make sure every one is in a safe, clean, fun environment.
Pros
Puppies, kitties, advancement
Cons
Low pay, no holidays off
Just don’t
Resort Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 15, 2019
I worked there ONE day. I didn’t go back. The place was a joke. They want to pay you $9 an hour to be a maid. The girl training me told me you do dishes and clean first, then if you have time let the dogs out to play. IF YOU HAVE TIME? That’s literally why they’re here, to play all day and not be stuck in some cage. But know what you’re paying for. The dogs stay in cages all day. Playtime is optional and only to favorites. Sad. Not going back.
Pros
Cons
Lol all of it
Hard work is not rewarded.
Resort Associate/Playtime Coordinater (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMarch 1, 2019
It's quite simple really. The company does not want to pay a dime more than it has to. That is the heart of everything. They want to retain the laziest of employees rather than pay unemployment. But at the same time they give productive employees poor raises (unless you are the manager's son who barely shows up).

The facility is rusty, molding (toxic black mold) and falling apart. No one in management gives a hoot. Dogs get sick and you have to beg to take them to the vet. Long story short, even though boarding employees dogs was free. I paid to go elsewhere.

All the stuff you see in other reviews about clients getting lied to about playtime.....all true.
Pros
Smokers get unlimited breaks
Cons
See the review

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pet Paradise Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight