Pet Paradise Resort Employee Reviews

Hard work but good people.
Resort Associate (Current Employee) –  TXAugust 6, 2018
Most of the time the job was very physically demanding. There were days that I was constantly moving and hadn't sat down in over 6 hours. You also build up a lot of arm strength. Personally I like being active at work so I didn't mind this.

There's a pretty good turnover rate but I attribute this to a lot of people either underestimating the labor or moving on in life since most employees are very young. Pet Paradise does do a lot of inside hiring though. At my resort, all of the management had worked a lower level job at Pet Paradise and had been promoted. They also did a good job hiring good people and it was a fun workplace.

If you work the back as a resort associate, then you'll learn lots about everything dog related. The resort works very hard to keep things clean and safe.
Pros
bring your dog to work, fun environment, learn lots
Cons
very physical, can be stressful at times.
A Typical day at a call center
Lead Liaison/ Representative Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 26, 2018
Office reservation center 11.00$
Management picks favorites.
Good hours during the holiday seasons, but not between holidays.
Office is very small and small lunch room at the room.
Pros
Longs Hours during Holidays
Cons
No breaks when busy
low pay
Bather/Groomer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 23, 2018
your straining your back as a bather for 9.25 an hour. i had to fight for 10.00hr. They are super stricked with attendance. they are in need of workers and are hiring asap
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
low pay
Horrible
Day Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 2, 2018
If you can avoid this company. If you live on your own and are older than 18 years old, this job isn’t for you.

As easy at it looks, the job is a pain.
You are responsible for so many dogs and work with many uneducated people.

The living wage is not live able. Most unorganized company I’ve ever worked for.
Pros
Get to play with dogs
Cons
Everything else- and management
Great place for dog lovers!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLMay 10, 2018
When I first started with PP it was very enjoyable. It was laid back and it was all about the dogs (and cats- definitely didn't get as much attention). First thing in the morning there was a lot of cleaning to do, but when you were done you got to play with the pups. As the location's clientele increased obviously so did demands. It came to the point where Resort Associates only cleaned and rarely got to enjoy the best part of the job, playing with the dogs. They took on Play Time Associates who were trained specifically for the safety of play time. I also noticed a change in the dogs as the resort became busier. There was more tension. I grew a lot as a person working at PP and my knowledge of dogs has grown substantially. It helps that dogs have been my passion since I was a little girl. The management was overworked and some underpaid. As far as advancement who you know overrules passion, experience and loyalty. I saw it first hand twice at one location. The job could be considered hard labor for the wages, but if dogs are your passion it makes it all worth it. I am very thankful for the opportunity of working at PP and would definitely recommend it as a first job as it gives you experience in different fields all in one place. And who knows, you may receive the opportunity for advancement, but no guarantee.
Pros
Relationships built with clients (humans and dogs alike)
Cons
Politics (it's who you know)
Amazing staff
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLApril 20, 2018
This was one of my most loved jobs. I am still from with some of the staff. Definitely a family environment with lots of love for animal lovers like myself.
Pros
Great staff, loyal customers, free goodies from customers and staff.
Cons
Pay, high turnover
Great for more dog experience
Playtime Coordinator/Resort Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2018
We can't take a break until or if you have a break even if its scorching hot outside. They only let you have a water or bathroom break. If they see you sitting down outside your break they write you up automatically. You only get an hour break for 12 hour shifts. But on the plus side I learned a lot more about dogs and how to prevent dog fights. You also learned about the different dog behaviors. The management wasn't the best. As far as associates we had the largest turnover rate. The most enjoyable part of the job was being with the dogs. Being able to play with them all day was so much fun. If you're looking for something temporary or if you're looking to get more experience with dogs for career purposes I'd recommend this job. If you don't have another job already I'd recommend having one before getting this job. Only if you're doing part time though.
Pros
I got to be with the dogs all day
Cons
Really short breaks and out in the sun all day long
Poor Management and work environment
Resort Associate / Playtime Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 27, 2018
The lack of management made it difficult to feel comfortable working here. Compensation wasn't fair either with the amount of work expected. There is a lot of favoring towards certain employees making the entire job culture poor.
Work
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 5, 2018
Its an amazing job working with dogs all day. It is hard labor sometimes and expect to come home dirty. It is a great environment and if you have pets you can bring them here for free after 90 days of working here.
Great growth
Assistant Resort Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine Beach, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Growth Opportunity are always available if you prove you are a hard worker and show you want to move up with passion and knowledge of dogs, have not only be a dog person but also have a passion for people
Resort Associate/ Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 1, 2018
You get alot of experiance with the animals everyday. The staff is friendly and always willing to help. Big facility with a pool and five play areas.
Pros
You get to play with animals all day
Cons
short staffed
Fun work place
Front End Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJanuary 24, 2018
Loved working with all the animals. Mornings and evenings always busying but during the day was very slow and boring. There was also too much drama within the work place which caused a lot of people wanting to quit.
Pros
flexible with hours
Cons
always had to stand, could never sit
I was paid more than expected
Kennel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2018
Pet paradise was an ok working environment. Some of the employees truly love their job and it shows but others complain quite a bit and take it out on the other employees. I enjoyed working with the dogs, there's just so many it makes it hard to keep up with some of the employees that have been there for a while. My managers were always complaining about my pace but not showing any techniques or tricks to catch up. Ultimately my pace is what got me fired.
Fun at times
Animal Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJanuary 6, 2018
I haven't been at Pet Paradise long but in the time that I've been working there I've enjoyed it. I've always wanted a job where it mainly consists of playing with dogs all day. The only thing that Pet Paradise Resorts lack are the opportunity to move up.
Pros
Play with dogs all day
Cons
Not challenging enough
Very poor
Resort Associate (Former Employee) –  Kenner laDecember 8, 2017
Worked 4 shifts with little to no training then sent home after one hour on 5th because of low # of dogs in kennel. Didn't call me to see why I didn't show next shift. They could not care less about their employees. Don't work here.
Pros
pay is average
Cons
Handling big mean dogs.
Productive and fast-paced work place with bone shaped pool
Communicator, Playtime Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 27, 2017
Get to work, clock in, let this dogs out for a potty break, start a group, clean up after the dogs use the restroom, watch them with their friends. Clean their rooms so they have a comfortable hotel room. Love them, feed them, and make sure they are happy.
Pros
family environment, dogs, cats, love
Cons
pay, physically demanding, possibility to be biten
Huge company full of amazing people
Dog Handler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 23, 2017
I loved working at Pet Paradise! It was amazing to see so many animals in one place. I relocated from New Jersey to Florida for the first time so this was a quick change of pace. The workload was alot more than I did in New Jersey but what i learned made up for it. I would recommend this place to everyone!
November 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback. We are glad to have you in our team and appreciate you exemplifying our values and sharing our vision of Safe, Clean and Fun in everything you do.

Must love animals
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2017
Pet Paradise focuses on the care and comfort of much loved pets. The goal of the company is to provide 24/7 care of family pets and provide peace of mind for traveling owners.
Wonderful
Kennel Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2017
A typical day if you work all day is let out the dogs and shut them out while you rinse, sanitize, and rinse their rooms. Any room that has been occupied by a dog the previous day. Then we fed, played, fed again. Then performed a weekly chore. The managers are great. It was a fun atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was getting attached to some of the dogs and than worrying about them. The most enjoyable part was the running around and playing with the dogs.
Pros
Evenly paced environment - friendly staff - flexible hours
Cons
could pay a little better
November 2, 2017

This was by far one of my favorite jobs
Dog Attendant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 28, 2017
I have alwyas had a passion to work with animals, and I absolutely love dogs. I have a couple of Frech bullsog, and english bulldog myslef. I would recommend this job to almost anyone unless of course they had a problem with dogs. Its a passion I have and I also walk dogs on they side for fun.
November 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback. We appreciate you exemplifying our values and sharing our vision of Safe, Clean and Fun in everything you do. We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pet Paradise Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight