Pet Partners Employee Reviews

Fast paced learning environment
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLMarch 15, 2019
Great place to work with great people. Excellent work/life balance. Everyone is always helping wherever needed. I learn something new everyday and never feel like I can't ask questions or voice my opinion.
Pros
Great learning environment, encouraging work culture
Cons
Long days, difficult cases
We work hard but play harder
CVT (Current Employee) –  Athol, MAMarch 5, 2019
Fun, collaborative place to work where the entire team is focused on providing excellent quality medicine, superior patient care and unsurpassed client experience.

Love all the team building we do including building a staff veggy garden, paint nite, making succulent fairy gardens, homecooked staff lunches, go-carting, horseback riding etc.

Enjoy supporting our community through fundraising, donations, and community events we've hosted especially movie night, Build-A-Pet, and "Tick Talk"
Pros
excellent work life balance, family feel
Power struggles
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJune 15, 2018
Pros
Great health care
Great offices
Pets allowed to join you
Lower level employees extremely friendly.

Cons:
Serious issues with power in managment
Difficult to do job well due to micromanagement
HUGE communication breakdowns between departments.
Pay employees better
Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 25, 2018
Lack of pay for the amount of hours and energy you put into the job. One person could be wearing 4 hats and only gets compensated for one. Employees are not appreciated by corporate.
Staff was wonderful
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 11, 2018
If it weren't for the crew and staff in the surgery room, I would have left a long time before that. I enjoyed working with animals. That was my main focus.
Pros
free food and products for your own pets
Cons
location, drive to work, pay, no paid holidays
Productive and fun place to work.
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Working for Pet Partners was like my second home. I felt as a part of a team. Work load can get pretty hectic, but we were never rushed. My day would start with a cup of coffee, gather my work to begin my day. Greeted my coworkers everyday. I loved my job. The more work for me, the better. I was always ready and willing for any job assigned. I can't say there was a hard part in my job because I loved it. I learned changes in new procedures quickly. I love a challenge. My superiors were very helpful and kind. As far as job security, no job is secure. Anyone can be replaced and company could close or be sold in which employees are at risk of losing their employment. Sad but true.
Pros
Quiet environment. Great coworkers and bosses.
stressful
Dog Trainer/Kennel Attendant/Groomer (Former Employee) –  Muldrow, OKJuly 11, 2017
very stressful and there isnt a set schedule. no benefits and your basically on call. very difficult and manual job and little recognition. management are terrible.
Willing to teach you
Veterinary Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 24, 2017
Doctors are great to work for and they are willing to train you if you are coming in with little experience in the veterinary field, Hours would be very long but you would learn a lot from the doctors there who were willing to work with you.
Pros
product perks for your pet
Cons
long hours, parking
Management lacks morals & experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 26, 2013
CEO is completely clueless as to the problems that exist within that company. There was never a chance to express concerns without immediate retaliation - although they claimed it was welcomed. Management lacks integrity.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Inconsistencies; no avenue to discuss work issues; management works in clicks
good experience in retail
Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  bristol,tnJanuary 15, 2013
good place to work to get retail experience in the pet food business
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
only getting paid by-weekly
Great work environment
IT Helpdesk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 5, 2012
A typical day at work involves diagnosing, researching and debugging users desktops. I have so many things but mainly hardware and software related things. I have had 2 supervisors thus far and both have been extremely helpful. 90% of my co-workers are females which seems to work out great for me and they are all very friendly. The hardest part of the job is when I spend hours trying to figure something out and still don't know the reason why it happened. The most enjoyable part of the job happens everyday which is troubleshooting anything.
Pros
do what i want, quiet, friendly co-workers, flexible schedule
Cons
it is either very bust or very slow