Pet Supermarket Employee Reviews

Needs to be permanently closed
Angry Customer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 16, 2018
The DM is racist & sexist. The SM is an idiot who has never worked at a pet store and does not care about the animals, just about getting bonuses. The other manager looks like shes on drugs, heavy drugs.
Poor
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarasota County, FLAugust 15, 2018
Harsh, virtually impossibly sales goals. No concern (seemingly), for animals or customer relations from higher management. Only sales for their own brands.
Pros
Store Manager was AMAZING
Cons
DM under TOO much pressure for impossible and outrageous goals.
Great company to work for until they close a store😑
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 14, 2018
Worked for the company for 10+ years and closed too different locations. Could get accurate answers to simple questions. I had great times with this company but as said they will give you shot notice on closing a store.
company is fun to work for, as long as you dont get a certain DM..
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Elm, TXAugust 11, 2018
the district manager was sexist and did not like men. most if not all of the work you do, will get unrecognized.. if you are an associate, she wont even talk to you. But at least most of the store managers are very nice and helpful and make the stores a good environment.
Pros
fun work place if you have right people
Cons
district manager is awful
Good Place to Work
Sales Associate to 4th Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLAugust 9, 2018
Pet Supermarket is a great place to work, especially if you have pets. The pay is not so good though, for all the work you do with lifting and stocking shelves, but other than then that the environment is nice and most of the people are nice.
Pros
flexible hours, discounts
Cons
not enough pay
Great place to start, but not to stay.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 8, 2018
A typical store has about 10 employees. Way too much is demanded from store management which makes up about half of your employees due to payroll budgeting. Corporate employees are terrible and half the time don't know what they are doing, yet they get an attitude with you if you make any mistakes. I loved the job when I started, that love has very quickly turned sour. There also used to be tons of career advancement opportunities, but are no longer being offered to current employees, company is doing 90% external now.
Pros
Working with Animals, Traveling occasionally, peers are fantastic
Cons
Working hours, Denied PTO, Corporate employees
It was okay
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 3, 2018
This place wasn't great to me. I was passed up many times for advancements I was clearly capable of doing but management held me down while still adding extra workloads without compensation. This place is good to get your foot in the door but not much more than that. The corporate office's culture is awful for work life balance and having a family is looked down on by executives in their own words. If you aren't breaking your back for them they aren't satisfied
loved my job but not the company
Third Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLAugust 1, 2018
The job was awesome I loved helping others and working with animals. How ever the company was not great. Management promised me when I took a management position that I would have maternity leave and when it was time for me to go on leave they refused to give me the benefits.
Pros
helping others
Cons
management
Great place and comapany culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 28, 2018
Great place for to learn and develop various skills in terms of sales and retail scenarios. One learns a great deal on pet retail products and solutions.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Pay
Ecomm Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FL 33323July 17, 2018
Great place to work.
Opportunity to advance.
Fast pace work and onhands work.
Everyone was nice to work with.
As long as tou pull your own weight your team will help if needed.
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
If you get a lazy teammate your expected to do your job and his
Fun place to work for a first time job
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 17, 2018
Great job for someone starting out! Just not for me! The management wasn’t the best at the time as well! If better leader ship, the store could be run better!
Better job for someone just starting out in the workforce
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLJuly 16, 2018
Good job. Just wasn't what I was hoping for. It was great getting to know all the animals and the other employees but it wasn't the kind of environment that I was used to.
Work Experience
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJuly 11, 2018
. Relaxed atmosphere, great pay but used an antiquated system (AS400) never upgraded. manual billing and reporting process..

Sunrise is a nice area and the commute wasn't bad
Energetic Pet work environment with mediocre pay
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 27, 2018
Pet Supermarket is a positive and friendly environment. As a sales associate, you are required to do every duty in the store, weather it be selling an animal, cashing out a customer, recommending a product, cleaning and organizing the store, or putting away stock. As a manager, you are still required to do all of those previously stated things, along with managing a team and doing opening and closing paperwork. So, this job does ask for a lot, and unfortunately it doesn't always compensate you accordingly. The job pay doesn't hold up against competitive pay comparable to the position. If you are an animal lover and love helping out pet families, then this is a job for you. But, don't expect to be able to live off of the salary you are provided for the work you do. I would love this job without a doubt if it had competitive pay, which unfortunately it doesn't.
Pros
not too competetive, everyone does everything, animals involvement
Cons
mediocre pay, not fixed schedule, everyone does everything
Excellent starter job for anyone
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2018
Pet Supermarket is a great place to evolve within the customer service field. By learning each specific product, you can give each customer the ultimate customer experience and help them achieve the total solution for their visit. Some days are busy, other days are super dead. Management is extremely helpful whenever in doubt of anything or if you at stuck in a difficult situation. Although the environment is very friendly, you are expected to come to work, not play around as in any other job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a difficult customer who doesn't understand company policy. The only advice I can give for that is to kill them with kindness and do the best to satisfy the customer as long as it is approved by management because in the end, the customer is always right. The most enjoyable part of the job is recommending a product to a customer and having that same customer come back specifically to thank you because it really helped their pet, or their pet really enjoyed the food and is starting to eat once again. Overall, a great starter job for anyone that has a passion for animals and who has a friendly and outgoing personality, willing to make every customer walk out the door satisfied with their purchase.
Pros
Employee discounts, events
Cons
Need to meet certain daily goals placed by corporate
Great working environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 19, 2018
My work proformance at this place was very creative, building And remoding there stores was always a challenging. loved working in a creative woking environment, it keep me motivated.
Job experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 17, 2018
My days at work are typically always good unless I feel bad for example. I have learned plenty of good work ethics, etc. Some jobs were easier than others.
5 years.
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  North Port, FLJune 15, 2018
A typical day as management, operationally paperwork multiple times a day, there is usually always product to be unpacked and distributed, while open, and by employees and management. The company is great at educating staff and customers. However it does not compensate its hourly associates appropriately including lower level management. The hardest part is the continued changes, old systems, lack of communication, and product flow per stores. The most enjoyable was the customers and good staff. Our customer interactions were the best and most important part of my job.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Old Systems, inconsistent inventory
Productive workplace with good management, tight-knit community.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLJune 14, 2018
Overall, fun place to work. I would have enjoyed working there longer. Hardest part of the job for me, personally, was coming out of my shell and communicating more but I got it eventually.
Fun and great learning opportunities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 13, 2018
Pet Supermarket very much encouraged learning as much as possible about all pets. The store was small and often there would be a manager and 1-2 employees working, so everyone working would need to know about all areas; cats, dogs, reptiles, small animals, fish, etc. Everyday associates learned and taught each other and customers about the pets and products offered. Management was not difficult to get along with, they enforced rules while expressing their (the rules') importance and role in the company. Pet Supermarket's number one concern is the health and safety of all animals that were in the store, whether being adopted or brought in with their humans.
Pros
Lot of interaction with all kinds of animals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pet Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight