Pet Supplies Plus Employee Reviews

Great first job.
Assistant Store Director (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 7, 2018
Great first job, especially for people in high school. Got along with everyone and all around fun place to work with the animals. Loved the client interaction and began to know clients on first name basis which was great. Other managers were amazing to work with and all got along and very laid back. Not much room for advancement and the pay could be better for everyone but there are incentives to make more money. Wasn't a fan of working nights/weekends as well but you have to expect that being in retail. All around nothing really bad to say about the company. I enjoyed my years there.
Pros
Culture, client interactions, animals
Cons
Pay, work nights/weekends, no room for advancement
Terrible place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  IowaDecember 7, 2018
When I applied for this job, I was eager to get started right away. My first few weeks were great and the managers were awesome. A month and a half after I started, I began to see the true side of my managers and what the company was really after. My managers were great during the interview and assured me that I would work 15+ hours a week. They lied. I get maybe 6 hours a week and the managers are rude, back stabbing, and grouchy. I would not recommend working here. There are no benefits and you do not get paid enough for the jobs you do. All the company is after is money and they do not care for you. Don't waste your time, this place is awful to work for. Try to find someplace that will respect you and pay you the right amount of money for the job you do!
Pros
10% discount
Cons
rude management, short breaks.
Great company bad pay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 5, 2018
It was very hard for an associate to get a raise. I worked for about two years here and did not receive and pay raise or anything like that. I absolutely loved the job and if the would have given me even a ten cent raise I would have stayed. Absolutely would recommend if not needing to live off of it
Pros
Awesome work environment
Cons
Short breaks and hard to make any advancement
The most enjoyable part of the job
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHDecember 4, 2018
I enjoyed working alongside fellow animal lovers. Several employees had purchased pets from Pet Supplies Plus. It was obvious from their demeanor and productivity that the employees really cared about the work they did.
I unloaded trucks and put products on the shelves
Stocker/CSR (Former Employee) –  191 Alps Rd. Suite 15 Athens, GaDecember 2, 2018
This was a minimum wage job...I went to work everyday at 8am and was part of the opening duties. We had a morning meeting everyday and from there, we would unload product from the trucks and put that product on the shelves. Also, we were responsible for helping customers with any questions they may have.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay rate
slow paced , hands on ,
Wesport, CT - Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTDecember 2, 2018
working at pet supplies plus allowed me to build a better knowledge with animals as well as animal product. I was able to then guide customers in the right direction of treatment and food brands for their pets.
Productive and fun work place
Shift Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GANovember 29, 2018
I enjoyed working at Pet Supplies Plus for many reasons. It was always fun and always productive. I never dread going to work. I always had something to do and I was able to help people any way they needed help.
December 11, 2018

Thanks for your feedback and all your hard work to make sure our neighbors and their pets received great service. Best of luck to you in the future!

good job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 29, 2018
I enjoyed Pet Supplies Plus- but had to move
I was at the point of getting my own store, but would have to relocate and instead moved to CO- My ownder only had franchises in Alabama so I could not be relocated through him and at the time was pursing other ventures
December 11, 2018

Thank you for your review and for the time you spent with us. We hope everything is working out for you in Colorado!

Been with the company for to long
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Salem, VANovember 27, 2018
typical day: animal care, cashiering, helping neighbors
learned: conversational skills
management: unwilling to listen, condescending
culture: stressful, argumentative, accusatory,
hardest part: losing animals, being treated with disrespect
enjoyable: meeting new people, helping neighbors, teaching
I've been with the company for a year now, and haven't received any kind of raise even though entitled to one. The store I work at is sub-par, and the district manager is sexist and unwilling to listen. I am putting in my two-week notice soon, due to the fact that my job was given to an inexperienced team member.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
everything
December 11, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're concerned about your feedback and would like to speak with you to learn more. Can you please send an email to onlineservice@petsuppliesplus.com with your name and phone number?

Relatively okay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 27, 2018
The environment is okay but is filled with drama and entitlement. The pay is quite horrible. Though when on the job people are often found having fun with their coworkers
December 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feeback. We would like to connect you with the franchise owner. Can you please send an email to onlineservice@petsuppliesplus.com with your name and phone number?

A good first job
Head of Animal Care (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 27, 2018
Was one of the best employees if not the best, always to work on time, and covered shifts of no shows. Never got a raise, but that's just the corporate nature of the store. Fun to work with the people and animals, but they expect a LOT for a minimum wage part time position. As a person in animal care, I had to cashier and cover breaks, stock shelves, deal with trash and run a floor scrubbing machine on top of caring for all the animals. I basically knew how to do my job, as well as every other job in the store other than manger. They expected you to care for the animals run register, stock shelves, clean up spills, clean the floor, fix messy shelves and have all this done on a 4 hour shift at minimum wage.
Pros
fun to work with pet loving customers
Cons
amount of working hours and effort to pay ratio
December 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing this review with us. We appreciate your feedback and would like to speak with you to learn more. Can you please send an email to onlineservice@petsuppliesplus.com with your name and phone number?

Not the greatest place to work head manager was very two faced
Bather (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MANovember 27, 2018
the head manager was two faced instead of bringing a problem up with the employee they would talk about it to others then expect then to say something. Also it was very disorganized and the way some coworkers handled business with customers was not the greatest.
Pros
got to meet a lot of cool dogs
Cons
unpaid breaks, bad managers, rude customers
December 11, 2018

Thanks for your review. We're concerned about your feedback related to management and would like to speak with you to learn more. Can you please send an email to onlineservice@petsuppliesplus.com with your name and phone number?

Engaging Job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 26, 2018
Typical day at work involves interacting with customers and employees to ensure that the best experience is being provided to the neighbor so that they keep returning to shop with us.
December 11, 2018

Thanks for your feedback and all your hard work to make sure our neighbors and their pets receive great service. We're happy to have you on our team!

it was ok
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 25, 2018
just got located with a not so much of a good manager, great first job for someone who loves pets. i wish they would've paid more and benefits not overall stressful .
December 11, 2018

Thanks for your feedback and for the time you spent with us! We wish you the best of luck in the future.

Good job for college students
Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 20, 2018
I worked at Pet Supplies Plus while I was in college for two years. It was a good job and I enjoyed the work. It was relatively simple; I worked as a cashier and a stock assosicate and would clean and organize the store, assist customers on the sales floor, ask for donations, etc... Management was great at my location and I liked working with my coworkers as well.
Pros
Long breaks, good work/life balance, flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay
December 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing this review. It sounds like you had a rewarding experience with us and we appreciate you providing this feedback. Best of luck to you!

fun place to work
Cashier/stocker (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILNovember 17, 2018
I really liked working there because you go to work with animals. The only hard thing to do is putting a smile on your face while dealing with hard customers.
Pros
animals
Cons
pay
December 11, 2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you spent with us and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Terribly dangerous.
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INNovember 14, 2018
Company stresses “safety” in orientation, but is nowhere near safe enough to feel secure at work. I worked four days and had no training at all. I Broke my foot on the fourth day and was promised compensation—now I’m stuck paying all the hospital bills beside the hospital can’t get them to answer their calls.
Pros
Left alone most of the time.
Cons
Everything else.
November 26, 2018

Productive, fun, and relaxed work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 14, 2018
-take care of the animals and cashiering. Stocking the shelves on truck days
-learned how to manage the cash register and money
-gained customer service experience
-got to see many different types of pets daily
-made many new life long friends
Pros
Great management/coworkers
Cons
Na
November 26, 2018

Fun place to work with wonderful, caring coworkers and customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 12, 2018
I fully enjoyed my time working at PSP. The managers were all fantastic, being both friendly and fun to work with as well as understanding when your schedule needs to change. Some periods of time are slow and relaxed and others can get quite busy, but it is always manageable. I was very upset when I had to leave due to the high living costs of the Charlotte area.
November 26, 2018

customers were cool . workers arnt all their management doesnt know whats going on half the time .paid unfairly
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Oak Island, NCNovember 9, 2018
just not a good place to be to work .pay is awful bosses are terrible the workers their depend on me yet they get paid more it just doesn't make sense to stay
Pros
easy job
Cons
management workers pay
November 26, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pet Supplies Plus. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Pet Supplies Plus.

Powered by Comparably