Petco Employee Reviews in Braselton, GA

Found 48 reviews matching the search See all 4,294 reviews
Very unorganized inconsistent company
Cherry Picker Operator (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAJune 24, 2019
A lot of favoritism, no structure with hours. Shifts starting @4am and can end by 8-9am just not worth the time or energy. Just a very inconsistent company
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Low or no chance for advancement and inconsistent hours
Good people Bad Management
Distribution Center Trainer/ Receiving Department (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAMay 26, 2019
If they were more honest and told less lies it would be a great place to work. Management will promise you things that never happened. Great people that work there and work hard but it starts at the top and there failing horribly.
Pros
Good people work there
Cons
Bad Management
unorganized
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GA 30517May 18, 2019
Petco is a unorganized company, Management has no structure and does not work well as a team, you haft to deal with many inexperienced managers that does not know how to talk to their valued employees.
Great work environment, laid back friendly co-workers.
Break pack (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAMay 15, 2019
Great place to work if you can handle a production based job. Great hours, very laid back environment. Great supervisors, they are really good to employees.
No work-life balance
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAApril 1, 2019
Horrible place with no work-life balance. One of the worst jobs I've ever had to work. They work their management into the dirt. HR was a joke. good employees tho
Pros
nothing
Cons
When I work there there was no life balance. They work you like the dog they sell food too
Treated fairly until...
Picker (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAMarch 20, 2019
I was a loyal employee, was hardly ever late always signed up for overtime when needed volunteers, and during the holiday season they made us work a lot of over time so we slept less, I was losing sleep because of the hours and went to the bathroom and fell asleep one time for maybe 15 minutes and they fire me for it. My work was all caught up and nothing to do so I went to the bathroom and didnt expect I was going to fall asleep and they fired me on the spot. They had just given us a raise and then they were out for blood. Fired three other people that day for the littlest things. Another guy was fired because he also fell asleep on the toilet and got fired. They were firing left and right.
productive and fun workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAFebruary 4, 2019
Petco is a productive and friendly environment. the pay rate is pretty decent and have great benefit for you and your family. this place is considered to be a equal opportunity facility.
Great place to work, easy, friendly co-workers, but management is quite poor
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAFebruary 3, 2019
I loved going to work because i knew the job like the back of my hand and it had became quite easy. I didn't see much advancement in the company and management was quite poor you don't have to know much to supervise there.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
Poor management
i loved working for petco. the people .was very nice. the traing was very good
Picker packer (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAJanuary 3, 2019
the job was very productive. The team was awesome to work with. the mangers took the time to train you on your job. we worked at a production rate. over all the job was a good job to work.
Pros
easy enough work.
Cons
not enough work.
not fun
Picker/Packer/ ecommerce (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GANovember 25, 2018
work was not fairly divided. i worked there over 7 years i was making the same as i was a new employee. i just wanted to be treated like the rest of the fox
Its okay
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GANovember 9, 2018
The place is a good place to work at but if u have any thing bad happen to ya while ur working there there not understanding at all I was a picker and it was a fast paced environment so be ready for it
Pros
Good PAY
Cons
There dont value there employees
E-commerce Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAAugust 13, 2018
Petco was a good work place, I started working without any experience at all in a warehouse. I started out picking and packing and then was cross trained in every department. I made my way up the ladder and was soon working at the desk as an E-commerce coordinator assistant. Then was sent to the annex building to be the e-commerce clerk. The hardest part about my job was when I was low on help. Overall I really enjoyed my job at Petco.
Pros
Petco would reward us periodically with lunch
Cons
Long hours between breaks in a 10-12 hour shift
long and stressful
Ecommerce Fulfillment Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAJuly 21, 2018
long hours and no compensation. no bonuses, and recognition for management. Upper management loves to micromanage the heck out of your operation. You put a plan in and they change it, not knowing the business.
Pros
partners
Cons
hours, no bonuses, low paycheck
bad place to work
picked orders (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAJuly 10, 2018
well for one it was very hot in the warehouse they took most of the water machines out learned how to pick orders management was terrible the workplace was nasty rotten dogfood the job was not hard and was not enjoyable
Pros
Cons
short breaks and the heat
Alright could be better
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAJune 25, 2018
A day at petco is like get in and get out. more stressful than anything. I can say I learned that working there is not to be made a career. Management is always changing like managers are in and out. No steady work history for managers. The work place is ok could be better in do time maybe it will get better hopefully. Only difficult part is communication which is really the top part of a smooth running business well really everything in life so there's no need for me to go into details self explanatory. But I can say for the most parts there's some really great people and co workers inside this place that makes u keep striving to be a part of this company
many different departments
Recieving (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAApril 29, 2018
typical day at work
learned how to operate many forklifts an pallet jacks
the environment is very friendly
the hardest part are the hours
the most enjoyable part is the job
high favoritism by management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAApril 12, 2018
Having worked there this spring with a great attitude, great performance, never took breaks, always in tune with my work, My manager was always praising my performance. I would even clean my area since it is a very Dirty place and unorganized.

It seems many employees there do what they want, like listen to music and most of them seem to be high on something. Many clouds of smoke outside, Even in the parking lot they have car races since I almost got run over a couple of times that place is DANGEROUS!

Anyway, You will DIE in that place under a terrible management and very unorganized personnel, I have reported to the authorities the danger out in the parking lot and possible drug use by employees.

Even if they pay a premium rate, stay AWAY, it is made to cage people in a warehouse to work mindlessly under unorganized supervision. Best of Luck to you, be safe!
Cons
everything, except the shift.
Unprofessional work environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  BraseltonApril 10, 2018
I've worked at Petco for almost a year first 7 months of those we work 7 days a week almost 80 hours and it was all mandatory. Upper management got fired they bring in new people and it's just as bad as before only now they barely let you get any hours. Supervisors are untrained they do not know how teach or coach. Everyone is too busy running around trying to put blame on someone else rather than fixing any situation it's a very cut-throat unorganized unprofessional stressful environment. In-house HR does not help the situation at all.
Pros
Not working nights.
I loved it.
Picker (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAMarch 13, 2018
I loced working here the only down fall ever was no air during the summer. Everyone was very friendly and it was such a laid back job. Good for someone who doesnt mind alot of walking
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
No air in summer
not a fair or good place to work place to work
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAMarch 7, 2018
This company is very sorry,they do not care about any holidays , And unlike most company's they do not care about any thing with your personal life, like if you have a sick wife or child they don't care.
I would not recommend this job to any one unless you are just desperate.
Pros
Cons
to much to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petco. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K
31.1K

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight