Petco Employee Review

Exciting job
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis,tnFebruary 29, 2012
If you are into animals then this is a job for you, good benefits and friendly atmosphere.
Pros
advancement, paid time off
Cons
n/a

Other Petco Employee Reviews

Competitive
Dog Groomer (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 16, 2018
Petco is a great start when looking to get into the career of dog grooming. They offer to train you even if you don't have experience, and offer the tools to do so. You work with so many great people that want you to succeed in life, however, the pay makes it hard to do so. With the pay change being tier based its now very hard to make commission if your store does not have the business.
Pros
Pto, Discounts, Great people
Cons
Bad pay
Poorly managed and paying company.
Grooming Salon Manager/ Groomer (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJune 15, 2018
A typical day at work included being overbooked and underpaid. I learned how to manage a salon but my ideas were never utilized to their full potential. The workplace culture included hiring under trained and poor workers. The hardest part of my job was not getting paid or rewarded for my hard work and efforts or having to turn away a perfectly good client for dumb reasons. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the animals in general.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Sometimes no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petco. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Petco.

Powered by Comparably