Petco Employee Review

Working with people and animals everyday...couldn't ask for much more!
Companion Animal Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 25, 2013
I got to clean and provide care for the animals that we had in the store, as well as provide potential pet owners with the proper information about the animals and the care they required. The animals were always a delight and my co-workers felt the same so we all got along very well. The hardest part of it all was when I got attached to one of the animals and had to send them off or if they passed away. The best part was seeing the animals going to good homes.

Other Petco Employee Reviews

Slightly stressful and unpredictable
Canine Behavioral Trainer (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIMay 25, 2018
Hours per week vary pretty wildly depending on amount of payroll, and schedule can be unpredictable, but it's a pretty friendly environment, and you get to meet a lot of dogs.
Pros
Friendly, lots of animals.
Cons
Short breaks, unpredictable schedule, not much pto.
Fast-paced, so don't sway off track.
Grooming Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDMay 24, 2018
A typical day at work was very loud, and the occasional bad customer (not the dog, but their owner). The employees are cooperative with each other, and it's not a bad job at all. You just have to stay focused and leave your problems at home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petco. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Petco.

Powered by Comparably