Petco Employee Review

Takes getting used to, but animals are always great!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJuly 15, 2014
The daily routine was opening the store and making sure all of the animals were fed and safe. Being a cashier and associate I jumped back and forth between the register and the sales floor making sure all the customers are taken care of, periodically looking after the animals. I've learned how to be flexible in my job choices throughout my day. I also learned to see the value in more than just humans. Everything, and everyone should be treated with respect. Speaking of which, several managers I absolutely love. The take the time to make sure you're comfortable and always offer help. Some, on the other hand... Are less than enthusiastic and many associates prefer to avoid them. Most of the associates I share shifts with are hard working, lovable individuals who make sure they include passion to their job. The hardest part of the job would have to knowing exactly where every product is located in the store since it's so big. You learn to get it but on occasion it can confuse you! I would say enjoying the animals is my favorite part. They all come in and they range from sweet to not so sweet. The environment is nice but shadowed in something else.
Pros
Animals, cool co-workers, some great managers
Cons
short breaks, long hours, less pay

Other Petco Employee Reviews

Best place to work if you love pets
Dog Trainer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, CAJuly 16, 2019
Fast paced place to work, lots of pets all over the place. Learn a ton about pets needs, work with fellow pet lovers and get to pet the animals all day long.
Just Don't do It
Aquatic specialist (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJuly 16, 2019
animals are constantly abused at petco daily especially their fish. i would not recommend petco to anyone. They will leave their animals in abusive conditions and then try and find a way to justify it and make people for bad for saying something. i came in as a customer after leaving and felt even more welcome in the business than when i worked there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petco. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K
31.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Petco.

Powered by Comparably