Petco Employee Review

Not good
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 31, 2019
Bad culture. Unhappy people. Not strategic. Competition at the senior levels. Not about the people. Dirty offices due to all the animals and no one cleans up.

Other Petco Employee Reviews

Fun at first
Dog Training Apprentice and Aquatic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 19, 2019
Petco was fun to work at initially but I never felt fully prepared or trained well. I was never given an employee handbook or written policies. Everything was told to me verbally. The store I worked at never did the best job caring for the animals we sold. I worked in aquatics and made $11 hourly. I found out that some managers and key holders made less than me. That seemed really unfair.
Not too bad, better jobs out there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALAugust 19, 2019
Working here was not too bad of a experience but there are much better jobs out there. I loved working with the animals and many of the coworkers were friendly. There was always so much drama because most of the coworkers are honestly childish. People would always blame each other when both were too lazy to do work. Management is mostly ok but there is definitely some favoritism. You get paid like you work at a gas station. Only work here if your willing to put up with childishness and minimum wage or barely above it to work with the pets.
Pros
working with animals, some coworkers
Cons
drama, no healthcare, favoritism, poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petco. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Petco.

Powered by Comparably