Petco Employee Review

Eh
Gest Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 7, 2019
They will try to squeeze you of everything they can by dragging you along. Managment is hit or miss. They give you good hours at first and then they trickle it down and refuse to give more hours saying they dont have any. Unless you have been working there for years (and I mean like 10 plus) your just cannon fodder. If you get put in a good store where they care about the animals and customers it's great. However management is most of the time garbage and they dont care about the people who work below them.
Pros
Animals and helping the public learn more
Cons
Everything else

Other Petco Employee Reviews

The Worst
Guest Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2019
Probably one of the worst jobs I've had. While working there, I earned a raise, then got the run around over it, then was refused it because they up and changed policy. Then at a later time, the company even stopped giving raise. There is this toxic "favoritism" atmosphere at the store level. Despite having the experience, multiple guest compliments and working hard, they will still pass you on promotions for co-workers that lack knowledge and experience, just because they are friends. Help is also insanely difficult to find. You will call multiple times and co-workers will barely show as well as management, often it was like running the store alone.
Good place to work at
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 19, 2019
While I was working at Petco I learned a lot of thing that help me with stocking and how to make the store look clean. The manager takes her time to show how the store runs and how everything works. The hardest part is just moving a lot of supplies up and down but it's not too bad. I enjoyed help the costumer and their pets and just helping out as much as I could.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petco. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K
31.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Petco.

Powered by Comparably