Petland Employee Reviews

A Typical Word Day
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 13, 2019
A typical work day at Petland could be hard because of all the work that had to be done for the puppies, but overall it was a great experience working with something i love.
Summary
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 19, 2019
The job itself is amazing but the people there aren't so great, everyone either likes to start drama or doesn't care enough to handle it, if you have an issue you're supposed to go to the person directly above you and then they go to their manager but nothing is ever taken care of.
Great place
Kennel Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 18, 2019
I learned alot working for Petland. I ran the kennel and also went on a breeder inspection trip with a member of the corporate staff. I loved working with all the animals
If you like puppies.
Manager / Lead (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2019
This started out as a great company to work for. So many people came in because of how knowledgeable the staff was. Until the owners decided to start selling puppies. Then they got greedy and money hungry and lost their entire staff because of how poorly everyone started to get treated.
Pet Counselor (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCApril 9, 2019
I loved working here so much! These people were like family. I loved taking care of the animals they were like my own! I will never regret working here I just wish it was not minimum wage or commission! I wish I had gotten paid more for the work I’ve done. It was so much! I loved it regardless and it being my last month of high school I need a job that pays more so I can save more for college.
Pros
Working with animals
Cons
Cleaning up after animals
Not the best place to work
Inventory Specialist/maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MOApril 6, 2019
Horrible management did not want to pay on time and and a very discriminating and harassing work environment. I can't believe what all goes on there including all the parvo puppies I've helped them sell and other sick animals
A lot of learning
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 5, 2019
I’ve learned a lot from Petland. It’s a job that you need to stay on your feet and move at a fast pace. You deal with customers financing and payment plans which you learn a lot from. You learn how to overcome objections and close sales. It was a great experience I loved working there.
Pros
Always moving, and loving environment
Cons
Stressful here and there but worth it.
The way they treated their animals was very upsetting
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  South Point, OHApril 2, 2019
The way they treated their animals was very upsetting Not much more can be said because I signed a non-disclosure form It was not a good place to work and what they expected you to do with their animals was inhumane and that’s all that can be said about them
Loved the job, hated the company
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMarch 31, 2019
The poorest managed place I've ever worked. Never had the materials to do the job properly. Improper to little training. Couldn't properly care for the animals
Pros
Caring for animals
Cons
Poor management
hard place to work
Pet Counselor (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHMarch 31, 2019
Unprofessional place to work.
communication was not very good from management.
If you work slow days and get bad sales days you get low pay and can be hard to keep sales up. sad to dell pups to people with lies you must tell.
lots of animals die here.
Pros
get to work with cool people, play with animals
Cons
dead animals, lying to people about puppies. hard place to work
Horrible
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHMarch 29, 2019
all of the dogs are sick. super competitive for hours. others workers will sabotage you to get more hours. all animal are sick. you are told to loe to customers. managers only care about making money not the poor dogs and animals there. no breaks.
Pros
Cons
all of it
Great job if you love animals.
Floor/Retail/Hiring Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OH 45014March 26, 2019
A typical day would include clocking in and going back to your station to begin setting up your tasks for that day. I took care of the reptile and fish department and helped the front out with the rodents and small animal handling, grooming, treating, separating, etc. Workplace culture is overall great other than the store owner being a little on the odd side with some antics. The hardest part of the job was becoming attached to your customers and their pets and it is very hard to tell someone that they may be doing something wrong or that their animal is on the verge of death. The most enjoyable part in the exact same breath is that I get to connect with people and animals and create a consumer to seller bond where they trust me on my word and actions.
Potential to be a great job if management didn't crush your spirit
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYMarch 22, 2019
You'll be told animal care is your #1 priority, then told sales are, and even be told to ignore animal care and lie to customers to make sales. Customer misdirection is common, as well as tension and favoritism between employees. The discount is good, but that's about all.
Good place to work at if you just starting
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 22, 2019
Petland is a good place to work at if you love puppies and you don’t mind people constantly coming in and out I loved working here but at the same time it get pretty crazy and overwhelming especially if the manager and the owner expect so much from you with a minimum wage pay don’t get me wrong you get commission if you send home pups but it’s not always easy and something you are stuck in morning shift and it’s really hard to send home pups during that time also not all petland are like this it all depends on which one you interested since this is a franchise like the owner of where I worked never really appreciate his employees it was always something negative and nothing positive other than that I didn’t mind working here it’s can be fun some days
Pros
Play with puppies
Great atmosphere
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 19, 2019
I loved the competitive atmosphere here, you are able to make what you want to make. The animals are well cared for at this location and you can tell health/care is top priority.
One big Family When your at Petland
Pet Counselor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89014March 13, 2019
I worked there for a while and for some of the time i was attending high school, The hour are very flexible basically whatever you needed. The pay is amazing if you have the salesman talent
Pros
great pat\y
Cons
15 min break
Overlooked Kennel Tech
Kennel Technician (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 12, 2019
Being a kennel tech at my Petland, you are very much overlooked. My job isn’t appreciated even though it is the most important. I love working with the puppies, but we never have the supplies to take care of them. The dogs go home without meds given to them all the time. My owner thinks he can save every dog instead of sending them to the vet when they need help. If they didn’t need a full time worker and I didn’t enjoy working with puppies, I would have quit.
Pros
Puppies
Cons
Too stressful and not enough pay
different
Kennel Tech (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMarch 7, 2019
Each day was fun. Between the relationships you had with the animals you took care of or the people you worked with. I enjoyed taking care of the dogs and cats we had in the kennel. The love the animals showed you when you showed up to work was excited and heart warming.
My favorite job I ever had
Fish care technician (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 27, 2019
It was amazing staff is amazing it’s always nice to do what you love and I’ve always loved animals since I was young I would definitely recommend petland discounts
Great Job
Pet Counselor (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAFebruary 25, 2019
I worked here for 8 months and it was a fun knowledgeable job. Sometimes i would have to perform in areas i wasn't hired but it was work it. You get experience with professional Vets.