PetroChoice Employee Reviews

You can do better
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCJanuary 3, 2019
The only way I would recommend this company is if you are trying to build experience to find a better job. Even then, you can likely do better. The way this company treats its employees is absolutely ridiculous. Anyone who is high up enough to make a change has no idea what you even do. All of the good employees are currently leaving or trying to.

- very low pay, raises are a joke
- benefits are just ok, nothing great
- extremely high stress environment, constantly under staffed in every department and location
- if you manage to actually keep your job and climb the ladder, you’ll just get laid off

Dont waste you time on this company. It’s just not worth it.
Cons
Management promotion to laid off in same year
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 20, 2018
The acquisition and purchase of so many subsidiaries lubrication companies leaves a volatile workplace with no one knowing who their next manager, vp will be. You're on the cutting block day one, and after 4 years, in December no less, with out reservation, the randomly let me go with 2 weeks comp.
Outside sales is a hard, but shouldnt be job threatening 24/7
Pros
good pay
Cons
company in turmoil
Dont trust management
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PADecember 17, 2018
Sales people and facility managers will want a high inventory and the director will want a low inventory, your stuck in the middle. They are not aware of who has access to purchasing and when inventory rises they blame one person even when you show them evidence of who purchased those items, then they say it's your inventory your responsible.
Pros
decent pay, nice coworkers.
Cons
Mismanaged
the management does work in the same building
Buyer-In house sales (Former Employee) –  Defiance, PADecember 11, 2018
The company is run by another location, and can cut your employment at anytime for any reason no matter what or how good you did at your job. So the job security in non existent which is why I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone who wants a long term job.
Pros
good pay
Cons
never know when your last day could be
Good atmosphere in my location
Billing Specialist, Database/CRM (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAOctober 30, 2018
I used to love my job at Petrochoice, but once we branched out and became a national competitor, the management, atmosphere changed. We brought in new people who had different ideas on the direction of the company and wished to compress the job base to 2-3 main locations which did not include the area I worked in.
Pros
Great benefits, vacation, coworkers
Cons
Poor communication, employees were no longer people and just became a number
clueless management
driver (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAOctober 18, 2018
complete stupidity- sending a driver to an account 3 days in a row with 3 different products even though the truck can carry at least 5 products. They openly state that they mistrust drivers so they hire loaders to put product on the truck and remove it each day to keep inventory safe...instead of giving drivers assigned routes all drivers have to fill out a checklist for each stop so that the next driver has an idea of where he is going, but never give the checklist to the next driver!! They hire office workers and managers that have no product specific experience. One side of the office has no clue what the other side is doing...customers routinely canceled orders only to have the same order go out the next day. Very stressful. My company was "acquired" by Petrochoice as a turnkey entity and with their steadfast refusal to listen to any driver input lost a lot of existing customers in a very short time. The only way to contact management is through e mail.
Cons
definite separation between managment and workers. Older equipment
terrible place to work
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCSeptember 23, 2018
Working for Petrochoice was terriblel. There are too many managers, that don't have a clue what they're doing. The company waste so much money- on fake training! They will send an employee to "train", but couldn't give raises. Worked for the company a little over two years, and received one raise that I had to beg for. Weeks later after receiving raise- more work! Dispatching for three locations- making 40k a yr. My manager didn't have a clue what I did day to day! Somehow was able to give me a poor review each yr.--- place is a joke!
Pros
nothing
Cons
working there
Good Potential
FIELD SALES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2018
PetroChoice is owned by a private equity firm who has no interest in culture or the well being of the employee. They only see bottom line, which is in the shape of a dollar sign.
Driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Superior, WISeptember 9, 2018
It's not a terrible place to work. Not the greatest benefits or pay considering what you are required to have to work there. It's a good job if you want to put some overtime in and like to drive. Some days are pretty tough, but enough easy days to offset them.
Great Industry
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Fords, NJSeptember 9, 2018
The oil industry is a vast and growing industry … working for Petrochoice I was able to learn the oil industry from the ground up. Shell Valvoline Mobil, Cam2 were my main products and in the end it was down to a few manufacturers. Mobil, Valvoline and the in house brand.
Pros
Outside sales rep
Cons
Competition
Honest truth
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDAugust 16, 2018
The management sucks !
The equipment is old and if it breaks they will still want the job to get done . They have a you figure it out attitude, also if u have a family I greatly do not advise you to apply . It will be no time for your family unless you are a manager!!
And the manager leave when ever they want . You will have to text them if something goes wrong and wait for a response .
Pros
Health benefits are good
Cons
Everything else
Blame the New person
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCJuly 31, 2018
Overall I received the help I needed. I was hired last minute and didn't get the adequate training that I needed and made numerous mistakes, finally an employee took me by the hand and helped me get a better understanding of the process. The manager was in another state.
Overall everyone was friendly and outgoing.
Pros
Location was close to my home
Cons
All departments are in the same area
Upper Management Needs To Be Reviewed
Petroleum Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCJuly 29, 2018
PC can buy any company they want but they do not know how to run a company...unless you want it ran into the ground. Upper Management does not know what they're doing and you have people running departments when they have no idea what they're doing. PC was and is a joke because they don't know how to stay in their lane and run a fine oiled company.
find something else
Fuel driver (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 27, 2018
Don't take my word for it. Look at the revolving door of employees, not just drivers but management and others. You can do better. As a driver with a clean driving record you can find a company that will treat you with respect.
Applicant beware-run the opposite direction!!!
TSM (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 8, 2018
This company is a complete three-ring circus. There is no communication between departments, or from upper management. You are expected to work/ be available 24/7 with nothing to show for it-not monetarily or otherwise. Golden Gate Capital is more interested in a bottom line than who works there and what position they play within the company. Everyone is disposal! The computer system sucks, and the phone lines are down constantly at one facility or another. They have a very high turnover rate when it comes to employees. Morale is very low and employees stay at each others' throats. My advice is to stay far away!
Pros
customer relationships
Cons
too many to list
Continues to get worse
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 5, 2018
Used to be good to work for, until Golden Gate Investment group bought the company and completely did away with customer service and flexibility. They have let many good employees go, just to save on payroll. This however has cost them quite a bit of business.
Very poor management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 30, 2018
The fued between production and sales is ridiculous. If there is an issue with other employees any result is unseen. Poor morale. No team work. One day one thing is said and then next is something different.
rapidly growing poorly orgainized
Regional Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 29, 2018
This company is and has been rapidly growing but is very poorly organized, job descriptions changed daily, too many "leaders" that don't REALLY listen to their "subordinates".Poor work-life balance, very stressful.
Was an excellent company.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 10, 2018
It was a very fast paced job. My responsibilities encompassed the entire operations of Laurel facilities. The 12 delivery vehicles, the drivers and the office.
Cons
Great place to work with plenty of advancement
Branch Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 7, 2018
I started out as a driver/ warehouse worker and now i'm a branch manager.

the company is constantly training employees on new up to date software to make our job easier.
Pros
laid back as long as yopu do your job
Cons
i have none at this time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetroChoice. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7