PetroChoice Employee Reviews

productive place to work.
Customer Service/ Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PASeptember 6, 2019
a typical day at work depends on what you learned as manament and workplace culture. the hardest part of the job is the most enjoyaple part. thank you for the chance to grow.
Fake Friends
Warehouse Worker/Forklift OperatorWarehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 31, 2019
Management is cool with upper management so if you’re addressing a concern or urgent matter. About how you’re being treated or work which is always and stressful environment and dangerous environment.You’re wasting your time everyone talks behind each others back so be careful who you tell your business to. The bathrooms are disgusting and all the managers do rush you to work without training you nothing and then complains and bothers you about everything that they never trained you to do.
Pros
Weekends off sometimes
Cons
Every thing
Run
TSM (Former Employee) –  MidwestAugust 11, 2019
Those who started their career at Petrochoice will not retire from Petrochoice. Very few people get promoted, only upper management sees the benefits of a promotion.
Benefits
Cons
Attitude
Very stressful
Route Driver/Sales (Former Employee) –  Fords, NJAugust 2, 2019
Some people get 5to7stops and you get 10-to15 stops a day.
Load the truck all up not in order every out to u think you should have told her she has no money and I'm going back in town to the gym today so you know that I'm just saying that I'm just saying that I'm just saying that I'm just saying that I'm just saying that I'm just saying that I.
Not organized
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Duryea, PAAugust 2, 2019
Poor management that really didn't care , unhealthy environment due to the facility not properly being clean. They promise you a pay raise after you complete your probation period,and it never happens.
Pros
The manager bought pizza or coffee, whenever there was a company meeting.
Cons
You have to get trained by someone the company keep saving for wrong doing, meaning he doesnt know how to talk or train the new people properly.
This is a great place to work
ACCOUNT OFFICE ADMIN (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCJuly 17, 2019
This Department was sadly laid off and moved to a different state. I enjoyed this company, management was great. Work environment was positive. The supervisor was welcoming.
Its a job
Driver, Delivery - Lubricant Oils (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, VAJune 25, 2019
Dont get hurt on the job, even if its due to poor operational design..Once the doctor releases you they will get rid of you..There is ABSOLUTELY no job security...even for someone who was employed there for many years...not me ..but a fellow employee...you wonder when you will get the ax...dont waste your time working here...the manager is solely out to lookout for their own security
Pros
Decent pay...weekends off
Cons
Absolutely no job security, and a backstabbing environment
Management is related
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCJune 20, 2019
You accumulate vacation by every day you work If you have no experience in this field your experience will be horrible training is terrible management is not to bad but very inexperienced in what a driver goes against you will not be paid by your experience
Fun work place
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJune 18, 2019
This job was lots of fun and would be fun for anyone who wants to be creative. There is some fabrication and welding requirements for this job. The only down fall is lots of time away from home.
Poor Managment. Smoke and mirrors
Lead Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNJune 1, 2019
Management tells you what you want to hear to avoid confrontation. No room in my Job for advancement. Everyone has there set jobs but the Technicians, they have to do all jobs.
Pros
Free lunches and rooms when on jobs
Cons
low pay for traveling technician job, Bad managment
poor management,poor supervision all around sad.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 6, 2019
Petro choice should never be a choice for anyone with a family, it is poorly mag, there is no room for advancement,and there are some real snakes in the grass around there.On a typical day we would go in and basically stand around and wait to see if mag has shown up or if there is even a plan for the day.
Pros
early in early out
Cons
The boss`es there are to many
The Absolute Worse
Driver (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAApril 17, 2019
The lack of leadership is amazing. The managers are CLUELESS to the business or how the run a operation. There is a driver being punched in by a Mgr 2 hrs before he starts every morning, and illegal substance use after hrs... Go figure
No long term future.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  KansasMarch 18, 2019
The company is in disarray. Owners replaced all senior management in last 18 months. There are layoffs each quarter. Employee morale is extremely low. Do not recommend as an employer.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Future is very uncertain
Last resort.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Aston, PAMarch 11, 2019
I would only suggest working here if you had no other choice. The turnover is shocking and it’s not hard to see why. It’s not difficult work, the company is just run terribly.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Zero incentive. Poor management.
Horrible- no guidance from management
CDL Driver Class B (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAFebruary 8, 2019
What can I say? Given a phone on which 2 of the 3 apps did not work. Was told wouldn't have to move drums. Every day had to put drums either on a pallet or take them off of a pallet by hand. Pallet jack usually did not function correctly. My first day solo I had 14 stops. half the time the addresses were not correct. New manager did not give any feedback to me while I was employed. The brief time I was there I managed to get all my deliveries done and was back at the yard early (except for my first day). Was informed at the end of my first week that I was not "a good fit". The place was filthy and the trucks were not maintained properly. Save yourself the aggravation and find work elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
sub par equipment, dangerous working conditions, etc.
not too well
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Defiance, PAFebruary 6, 2019
I can not write a good review this is a cut throat company and you can be fired with no reason at all. the company is run by an outside company and you have no security at all.
No Work Life Balance
Sales (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2019
What was once and strong, employee friendly company with strong values has become a company who's focus is exclusively on their own SHORT term success. Over the last 18 months some of the most experienced and respected associates have departed by their choice or were the casualty of corporate wide layoffs. If you're in sales (FSS or Territory Mgr) expect no less than 60 hrs per week with constant changes and adjustments in compensation that will only require you to work more to achieve the same annual compensation. As a TM or FSS you will be given an IPad Pro that will tract your every location and activity. As a TM you will be required/expected to work during your vacations and holidays. Industry is extremely volatile and PetroChoice expects growth which is 6x the industry average.
Pros
Cons
No work life balance, no job security
I love my job and the people i work with. Fantastic company!
Currently employed (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 24, 2019
I'd reccomend this company for anyone looking to get into the oil industry. Great company , the employees and management are second to none.
Im simply taking a look at what could be ot there.
When we become complacent in life, we might not see other opportunities that are available.
Pros
Great team leaders 99.9% of the time. Management isn't shy to tell you when you're appreciated, which is lost to often in the work place. Positive reinforcement is practiced here, even in unfavourable circumstances.
Cons
There's a small amount of employees, which means you're either at the top or at the bottom. Mostly a positive thing, until there's an actual problem.
You can do better
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCJanuary 3, 2019
The only way I would recommend this company is if you are trying to build experience to find a better job. Even then, you can likely do better. The way this company treats its employees is absolutely ridiculous. Anyone who is high up enough to make a change has no idea what you even do. All of the good employees are currently leaving or trying to.

- very low pay, raises are a joke
- benefits are just ok, nothing great
- extremely high stress environment, constantly under staffed in every department and location
- if you manage to actually keep your job and climb the ladder, you’ll just get laid off

Dont waste you time on this company. It’s just not worth it.
Not moving as one
Senior Financial Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PADecember 26, 2018
Company has experienced drastic change in management with the new management not walking in tangent. Very demanding job with little employee appreciation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetroChoice. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5