PetroChoice Employee Reviews

clueless management
driver (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAOctober 18, 2018
complete stupidity- sending a driver to an account 3 days in a row with 3 different products even though the truck can carry at least 5 products. They openly state that they mistrust drivers so they hire loaders to put product on the truck and remove it each day to keep inventory safe...instead of giving drivers assigned routes all drivers have to fill out a checklist for each stop so that the next driver has an idea of where he is going, but never give the checklist to the next driver!! They hire office workers and managers that have no product specific experience. One side of the office has no clue what the other side is doing...customers routinely canceled orders only to have the same order go out the next day. Very stressful. My company was "acquired" by Petrochoice as a turnkey entity and with their steadfast refusal to listen to any driver input lost a lot of existing customers in a very short time. The only way to contact management is through e mail.
Cons
definite separation between managment and workers. Older equipment
terrible place to work
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCSeptember 23, 2018
Working for Petrochoice was terriblel. There are too many managers, that don't have a clue what they're doing. The company waste so much money- on fake training! They will send an employee to "train", but couldn't give raises. Worked for the company a little over two years, and received one raise that I had to beg for. Weeks later after receiving raise- more work! Dispatching for three locations- making 40k a yr. My manager didn't have a clue what I did day to day! Somehow was able to give me a poor review each yr.--- place is a joke!
Pros
nothing
Cons
working there
Driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Superior, WISeptember 9, 2018
It's not a terrible place to work. Not the greatest benefits or pay considering what you are required to have to work there. It's a good job if you want to put some overtime in and like to drive. Some days are pretty tough, but enough easy days to offset them.
Great Industry
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Fords, NJSeptember 9, 2018
The oil industry is a vast and growing industry … working for Petrochoice I was able to learn the oil industry from the ground up. Shell Valvoline Mobil, Cam2 were my main products and in the end it was down to a few manufacturers. Mobil, Valvoline and the in house brand.
Pros
Outside sales rep
Cons
Competition
Honest truth
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDAugust 16, 2018
The management sucks !
The equipment is old and if it breaks they will still want the job to get done . They have a you figure it out attitude, also if u have a family I greatly do not advise you to apply . It will be no time for your family unless you are a manager!!
And the manager leave when ever they want . You will have to text them if something goes wrong and wait for a response .
Pros
Health benefits are good
Cons
Everything else
Blame the New person
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCJuly 31, 2018
Overall I received the help I needed. I was hired last minute and didn't get the adequate training that I needed and made numerous mistakes, finally an employee took me by the hand and helped me get a better understanding of the process. The manager was in another state.
Overall everyone was friendly and outgoing.
Pros
Location was close to my home
Cons
All departments are in the same area
Upper Management Needs To Be Reviewed
Petroleum Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCJuly 29, 2018
PC can buy any company they want but they do not know how to run a company...unless you want it ran into the ground. Upper Management does not know what they're doing and you have people running departments when they have no idea what they're doing. PC was and is a joke because they don't know how to stay in their lane and run a fine oiled company.
find something else
Fuel driver (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 27, 2018
Don't take my word for it. Look at the revolving door of employees, not just drivers but management and others. You can do better. As a driver with a clean driving record you can find a company that will treat you with respect.
Applicant beware-run the opposite direction!!!
TSM (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 8, 2018
This company is a complete three-ring circus. There is no communication between departments, or from upper management. You are expected to work/ be available 24/7 with nothing to show for it-not monetarily or otherwise. Golden Gate Capital is more interested in a bottom line than who works there and what position they play within the company. Everyone is disposal! The computer system sucks, and the phone lines are down constantly at one facility or another. They have a very high turnover rate when it comes to employees. Morale is very low and employees stay at each others' throats. My advice is to stay far away!
Pros
customer relationships
Cons
too many to list
Continues to get worse
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 5, 2018
Used to be good to work for, until Golden Gate Investment group bought the company and completely did away with customer service and flexibility. They have let many good employees go, just to save on payroll. This however has cost them quite a bit of business.
Very poor management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 30, 2018
The fued between production and sales is ridiculous. If there is an issue with other employees any result is unseen. Poor morale. No team work. One day one thing is said and then next is something different.
rapidly growing poorly orgainized
Regional Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 29, 2018
This company is and has been rapidly growing but is very poorly organized, job descriptions changed daily, too many "leaders" that don't REALLY listen to their "subordinates".Poor work-life balance, very stressful.
Was an excellent company.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 10, 2018
It was a very fast paced job. My responsibilities encompassed the entire operations of Laurel facilities. The 12 delivery vehicles, the drivers and the office.
Cons
Great place to work with plenty of advancement
Branch Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 7, 2018
I started out as a driver/ warehouse worker and now i'm a branch manager.

the company is constantly training employees on new up to date software to make our job easier.
Pros
laid back as long as yopu do your job
Cons
i have none at this time
Work
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAMarch 22, 2018
A great place to work but lacks opportunity for growth. The atmosphere is positive but lacks good oversight from higher ups. The benefits package and pto are great. The pay structure is fair but the company is currently restructuring.
Not a good place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 18, 2018
Management shows very blatant vavourtism towards employees who have been around longer. What is ok for one person to do is not ok for you. I was literally told I had a “target on my back”. All around just a bad place to work. Management in every sense is terrible. No matter how much you try to go up the ladder. Nothing gets done and nobody cares about anything except themselves.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Terrible management. Unfair work conditions
Good company to work for.
Regional Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 13, 2018
I enjoyed working with everyone at this company. It was a great team to work with. They treated me very well. Management was open to any of my suggestions.
Very quite workplace
Billing Associate (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCJanuary 30, 2018
Work on P21 software. Run trucker reports for previous day deliveries. Bill lubes for 3 locations. Email, mail or fax invoices daily.
It is a very quite place to work. Everyone keeps to themselves.
Pros
Free lunches and breakfast ( sometimes)
Cons
poor training. A lot of negative people
Highly unprofessional
N/a (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 15, 2018
This place scheduled an interview with me, kept it scheduled for nearly two weeks, called me 3 hours before the interview was to take place to let me know they hired within and would not be interviewing me anymore. People take days off of work for interviews and this situation was by far the most unprofessional experience I have ever had with a prospective employer. Obviously no consideration for people’s times and no sense of professionalism. Obiovisly wouldn’t have been a good fit.
One of the worse places to work for. Management is GARBAGE!! Don't waste your time
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 14, 2018
One of the worse places to work for .... the management is GARBAGE and they dot treat you well either !! Don't waste your time so many other jobs then that dumpster of a place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetroChoice. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8