Petroleum Service Corporation Employee Reviews

Featured review
Petroleum Service Corporation selected this as a representative review
Not an easy job but rewarding
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 13, 2019
I’ve been here for a year, it’s not bad, management is pretty good and the work culture is good, you'll Get chances to move around and learn a bunch of things. I would recommend working here to start your career.
Pros
Good management and good hours
Cons
Stressful at times, working in the heat for 12 hours a day.
Not a very safety oriented company
Operator (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJuly 19, 2019
Treat their employees poorly. Was on the rack whether it was lightening or not. New people are thrown to the wolves. The supervisors had a sink or swim with people with no experience.
A great place to work for if you get the right supervisor.
Dock Operator (Current Employee) –  Vidot Tx.July 15, 2019
The only problem I have with Petroleum Services Corporation is my immediate supervisor tries to push people to go to fast, always thinks the worst of people and tries to get people to break the safety rules when it will help him look good or increases his money!!
I love the work that I do and for the most part the people I work with except this one supervisor.
Decent
Loader Technician (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 21, 2019
Fair company with decent benefits. They put your safety first and insure you're well prepared for the task at hand. They had a few company events to give a family environment.
Dock operator
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Vidor texasJune 16, 2019
Unless you are a loader you will never do your specific job that your assigned to do on a normal work day. A dock operator is supposed to work on the dock but now these sites dont want someone on dock if nothing is going on but when they get a security issue with someone showing up and no one is out there then ask why nobody was there makes sense right.
Pros
Cons
Management Terrible Only leds get a raise
Worked for this company for three years and have noting to show.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 15, 2019
I worked for SGS/PSC for 3 horrible years. My pay was suddenly cut from 32.50 an hour down to a measly 21. I refused to take such a huge pay cut so they fired me. This company is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE! STAY AWAY!
Pros
Nothing, this company is very poorly run.
Cons
Everything, no job stability and horrible benefits.
It’s a job
Tankerman (Current Employee) –  Lake CharlesJune 12, 2019
Overall not a hard job lots of downtime with little supervision. The guarantee they give you is not a true guarantee it’s based off the level one pay so it only benefits 1-2 year tankerman. The rules on work hours only apply when it’s slow if it’s busy they’ll say you can stay and work over if it’s slow and you want to work they make you get a relief
Cons
On call schedule, waiting on raises, working in the elments
Great For Operations Experience Needed
Dock Operator (Current Employee) –  Norco, LAJune 10, 2019
If you're looking for plant experience and looking to gain experience as an operator, SGS is a great opportunity to take.
Their benefits aren't bad either. 401K, Healthcare, Accident Coverage, etc
BUT
Cross your fingers that your workday doesn't land near or on a holiday. The constant work hours and call in times are great for extra cash flow, but killer on family and friends. The plant becomes a second home.
A good job career
Yard spotter (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX 77505May 22, 2019
An very good job career in learning and providing for your feature and your family. It's room to elevate up the latter for success and golds. Just don't understand the starting pay is different.
Pros
Jobs opportunity
Cons
Not enough money in different locations it's better pay
Fun place to work good job experience
Chemical Operator/Dock Operator (Lead Man) (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 11, 2019
SGS is a pretty good company to work for great experience for getting better job opportunity the pay could be more at certain job sites an benefits could be better
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Benefits pay
Family type culture. Excellent management. Advancement opportunities
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Hebron, OHMay 10, 2019
PSC truly cares about their employees. Great culture and very team oriented. There are advancement opportunities for folks willing to put in the time and hard work. If you have a positive attitude, good attendance, initiative, and are motivated to succeed then you will enjoy working for PSC.
Pros
Pay, advancement opportunities, culture
Cons
Work / home life balance
Each site is different
Chemical Operator/Loader (Current Employee) –  Houston TexasMay 2, 2019
Depending on the site toy land at depends in the culture. My site gets very little over time and toy only get 5 days off vacation/sick time. To transfer ie move up ia easier if you leave the company or have family that works there. Then you get all the overtime you want.
Pros
Insurance, pay.
Cons
No advancement, No overtime, shift hours always working weekends, nepotism driven
Good company
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 30, 2019
Well what can i say im going on 12 yrs at SGS. Some good times and some bad times. The quality of new hires are getting scarce. Not many will want to stay if they have more money dangling in front of them.
A typical day at work
Chemical Loader/Switchman/Locomotive Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2019
Non stop work. Rain/sleet/snow. Often times no breaks. No lunches. Very dangerous job if not co workers are not paying attention to what's going on. Not too much management until something happens.
Okay place to work love the 7 days off 1 time a month
Material handler 2 (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TX 77541April 16, 2019
We worked a DuPont scheduled if you got moved to shift management was the worse .. supervisor likes to chew you out in front of other co -workers which is embarrassing puts you down I mean he has a office why not talk to you in there ,the guy doesn’t know how to talk to people ,Micromanage a lot tries to make us do jobs that are out of our job scope or what we got hired in for
Pros
Great co-workers, benefits
Cons
Pay was okay/ BI-weekly pay/bad management
Enjoy the fellas I work with.
LP1 Loading Operator (Current Employee) –  Seadrift, TXApril 9, 2019
SGS Petroleum Service is a good company to work for. We strive to be the greatest at our job. The culture here in Seadrift is awesome and being each other's brothers keeper is one of a kind.
Always treated fairly and allowed to grow my position as I saw fit.
Health, Safety and Environmental Leader (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 4, 2019
I enjoyed that I was expected to do my job with a minimum of supervision. Assistance was available when needed and I was encouraged to network outside the company to increase my knowledge base.
Pros
Friendly coworkers that worked together.
Cons
Health care benefits were all or nothing.
Very busy place fast paced going business
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAApril 1, 2019
The workplace was good good management just not no good pay we work at a fast pace old time which was good break was good wish we had about our own lunch with the job was phone they made it from because we got to take a break a little more than usually a person take breaks
Pros
No free lunch had to buy my own lunch
Cons
Fayette break short breaks
Slow paced work environment
Lead dock operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 14, 2019
Was a good place to work learned how to manage employees, as a shift lead here was responsible for making sure all docks An facilities were in running order as per company an USCG regulations
Great company
Loader/Unloader- XY (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 21, 2019
This was is a good company to work for if you are a someone willing to work late. Their is room for advancement if your will to ng to work to that position. Great schedule and good people to work with love.
Pros
Great loading supervisor
Cons
Low paying site
Don’t get paid enough to get cold and wet at the same time.
Washrack operator (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXFebruary 20, 2019
Horrible front office. Don’t believe the “incentives” portion of the company. There are no bonuses. No advancement unless you’re a foreman and sit in the office all day and leave the crew to do all the work by themselves. Supervisor micro-manages everything. Unless this site lives up to its “incentives”, “advancements”, and gives better pay. You’re better off somewhere else. This is more of a fresh out of high school type of job to get plant experience. Nothing further than that.
Pros
Cons
Management, pay, “incentives”.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petroleum Service Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.