PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd

PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd Employee Reviews

Flexible time and work
Very good teamwork and can learn more in oil & gas. All employees give a good support for every task. In Petronas give me a new spirit and be more workaholic.
Pros
More challenging
Cons
Can learn something out of my mind
Challenging, interesting and a lot of learning opportunity
Your career progression is your responsibility. Management give a lot of opportunity for you to grow your career and advance your technical knowledge. Your job scope is challenging and sometime push you beyond your limit which develop you to achieve more. There are a lot of HSE activities. Work life balance is good in this company.
Pros
Accelerated career progression. In-house training available.
Cons
Sometime need to work extra hour.
Good environmental place, friendly
Working day-5days per week (8am-5pm)/(9am-6pm)
Learn how to update information offshore and onshore, how to communicate with different position of guys with confidence and comfortable.

How to manage my time with a lot of work for effectively and hand-on on time.

Environmental work place and friendly people make me felt comfortable and happy to done my work.

The hardest part of the job i met is my supervisor gave me last minute job and must done immediately for operation work in offshore and know my potential is not limited.

Enjoyable my part of job in every second, and will feel so young when i commit to do my work.
Pros
Association Well Intervention Engineer
Cons
3 months (Internship)
Good workplace
A very good workplace for a trainee seeking experience in industrial company. I learned a lot about how real working environment in industry. The employees guide me how to handle the stress in working and what to do in real job.
good working environment with awesome team
Very good working environment include people, work process, and etc. A good place to develop skill and knowledge. work given are relavent with the field of knowledge
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Good Place to Work with Work Life Balance
Regular Days of 8hrs/day & 5days a week, Learned to work with collaboration and Interfacing with other department. Our Leadership Team are all dedicated and determined to their works. Workplace Culture was really good we have PCB (Petronas Culture Belief) in placed. The hardest part of the job was when we're trying to implement the projects with a cut of 40% due to our current oil price turn down. Enjoyable part of the Job when we conduct our Project Kick-off Workshop.
Pros
Free Token and Appreciation, Trainings, and development & improvement.
Cons
During budget Cycle it takes longer hours and plenty works of preparation.
Great working place and environment with complete basic needs
- No problem going and back from home to workplace.
- Great working colleague. Easy to communicate and cooperative.

- Overall an excellent working experience and environment.

- Most enjoyable - a really great boss.
Pros
Everything is manageable.
Cons
The office is next to blasting/painting workshop. Cars always got burst of paint
Good vibes and have so many interesting things to learn.
PETRONAS has successfully exposed me to the professional working environment partnered with leading experts & engineers everyday. There are always a new things to learn everyday. The management (especially HR) will always include you in any events. The hardest part of the job is to remember everything at once and the most enjoyable part of the job is to be included in every event in PETRONAS.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd?
A very productive place
Good place for highly-motivated people. Stress-level is high but everyone is helping each other. Have a gym and tv room for releasing the stress. Hardest part of the job, is to keep up with the boss requirement. The most enjoyable part, free food whenever there's a meeting (occasionally).
efficiency in competing job
productive and fun environment with full of access to information. Plus with facilities provided for the employees to relax from stress at work. After all it is a good working environment.
Pros
gets free dinner after working hour.
Cons
overtime and work load
Laid Back, Very Efficient work hour practise
A typical day at work is very fun, very laid back where the manager emphasize on efficiency instead of an 8 hour non stop work, he prioritize a work place where people people work in an organized manner. The hardest part of the job is where we have to go through a lot of other department to solve a problem when we can directly involved instead.
Pros
a lot of event to appreciate the employees
Cons
too dependant on each other department
The best place to work in
Literally the year in 6 years of uni. I've met the most interesting and funnest people here. Vibrant work culture. Conducive environment to work in. I wish to go back here.
A good learning organization but rudimentary procedures
This was a Fortune 500 Oil and Gas Company that took up projects in Pakistan. The continuity depended a lot on the successful discovery of oil and gas. It was big on the earned values and return on net investment. As the production targets did not justify the continuation of operation, it tended to roll back the operations. Employees had picked up the experience, so they switched loyalty and joined other organizations. This was a win win for both.
Productive and fun workplace
Flexible working hours
Everything from drilling to production

Good management

Great teamwork

Work volume are adequate

Convenience office location with good access to public transport and food places
Excellent training ground and rewarding company for graduate staff
Petronas is known to be generous in providing training to its staff of 50,000, and put their young engineers in responsibility of big scale projects.

Learning experience is excellent and rewarding for young staff, but some staff might be stagnant in a position too long to progress up the ladder.

Higher management is fair and far sighted, but company's objectives can be hindered by certain selfish middle management staff who practise favoritism, partly due to long established culture of finding faults instead of positive encouragement and positive rewards. This is slowly changing however, as older generation is slowly phased out and younger generation takes over the pillar of leadership
Pros
Fair employee benefits, good trainings provided
Cons
Can be long hours, lack of worklife balance
Fortune ranks Petronas as the 184 largest company in the world
Petronas explore, produce and develop oil and gas resources in Malaysia and abroad to deliver long term value to all our stakeholders.

With onshore prospects in Canada, exploration in South America and deepwater drilling in Brunei, Petronas are venturing into a broad portfolio of reserves and playtypes, applying innovative technology and developing niche technical solutions to maximise their hydrocarbon potential.
Great Company to work in
Great company to work in. Unfortunately for an expat the job security is quite low. Great working culture and colleagues. A lot of value is given to an expat.
The best working place
Adventurous and meaning journey with this company. A very professional. Give me changes to travel to the sire as well and handing corporate social responsibility.
Best experience mingle with all type of management levels.
This is the place where you can expand your knowledge. Dealing with variety of people and management levels make you to be somebody in future. the happy and fun workplace can minimize the stress of the heavy workloads.
Pros
Understanding Supervisor/ Manager
Cons
heavy workloads
Productive and fun
Typical day at work is good, a lot to learn on theory but need to have hands on experiences. Mostly job covering on management level i.e. conducting reviews/assessment to facilitate management decision. Workplace culture is a mix of expatriate and local malaysian people, easy going and manageable. Nothing considered as hardest, even the task is difficult, still manage to perform and work as a team. Working with joint venture partner from other company where I can diversified our networking.
Pros
Free food during meeting
Cons
Lack of hand on experience on job execution-mostly by reading
Great, challenging environment with good relationship
Challenging and slightly tough environment
with good working relationship

Daily work focus on result matter and adapting to challenges in meeting target.

Good in business planning and strategic plan addressing shortfall.

Quick management intervention and tracking where needed.
Pros
Job-life balance, learning exposure
Cons
Career development ( depend on opportunity )