Petsense Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Customers, Horrible Managers.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAJuly 15, 2018
The job was fairly easy. It was fun meeting the animals and always learning new things from customers.
But management was terrible. Managers picked favorites and/or hired their friends. Always unnecessary drama within store. I was always treated as if I wasn't doing my job. Very few hours with inconsistent scheduling.
Pros
Meeting animals, learning new things, easy job
Cons
Bad management, no hours, too much drama
A company that does not value their employees. Management will not support their employees and will only provide negative feedback.
Lead key (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 10, 2018
Great company before Tractor Supply bought Petsense in 2016. Has gone downhill ever since. And unless management changes, will likely continue spiraling down until it is not Petsense anymore. Very negative place to work. Workload is impossible to achieve when you are working alone. And Market Manager is a joke. Do not work at this place! You will regret it!
Pros
Pets and customers are great!
Cons
Everything else.
Fun Workplace
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMay 9, 2018
Fun to work at but the pay sucks. It does not pay enough to making a living. It a good started job. Got to learn about the importance of good quality dog and cat food.
Very rewarding if you love animals
Corporate Office Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 6, 2018
PetSense has a great culture. They care about family and the work life balance is great. My issue with the company was there wasn’t any room to grow but, that was more about what my position was in the company. The Human Resource department was awful. There wasn’t any confidentiality. If you told HR of an issue you we’re having personally everyone would know.
Easy going work place as long as you do what your supposed to
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAMay 1, 2018
Everyone works the registers and help customers; help with checking in orders and restocking the shelves; clean and care for the cats in the store; assist with other jobs as needed
Pros
discounts
Cons
heavy lifting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 23, 2018
Managers still clock in and leave for hours while on clock. Make Assistants do everything. Terminate your employment for using the open door policy. Writes resignation letters for employees that manager has no grounds to terminate and threatens them if They don't sign it. Everyone is scared of manager.
Cons
Noone seems to take initiative to talk one on one with employees and believe them.
productive fun job
pet styling (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 16, 2018
It is a clean fun place to work. Good for advancement and growth. Good location and products. Quality pet supplies and food. It's a good job if you love working with animals and people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Terrible Management
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  nunya, kentuckyApril 15, 2018
In my two years there were four managers and none of them lasted over 4 months. The managers stole from the store and then blamed it on the employees.
Worst Company to work for
Lead Dog Groomer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 12, 2018
Manager let personal issues affect work, has out wordly said she didnt want to be a manager. Force groomers to push bad food and add ons/specials or they get in trouble. Expect groomers to answer/book dogs while bathing or grooming at the same time but while also not leaving dog unattended and that you get it out on time.
They will put dogs on you that you cant handle, or breeds you arent comfortable with. They over work their groomers and pay very very little. 100% not worth it.
Terrible chain of command
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 9, 2018
No open door policy... reprimanded for others mistakes... no help with issues that arise... the store is also infested with bettles and spiders... injuries that occur could be avoided with the right tools and materials but are considered expensive so injuries continue
Very fun job
Bather/Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSJanuary 12, 2018
I would arrive in the morning and work until the afternoon. I loved the atmosphere that took place at the location I worked at. The employees really made the place enjoyable.
Upbeat
Associate/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJanuary 3, 2018
A typical none truck day is fairly laid back non-stressful just making sure everything is pull from the back and stocked. Store is cleaned. Pets are taking care of and customer come first.
Productive and fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, CTDecember 13, 2017
I've worked in multiple stores in the company and the work environment has proved to be consistent throughout. The environment was friendly and we all worked as a team. Very proud to have worked there and would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Half hour breaks
Cons
Hours arent usually consistant
Awesome Management
Key Holder/ Bather (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 12, 2017
The current manager at PetSense is the BEST manager ever. I had to leave the company to advance my career but PetSense was one of the best jobs I've ever had, solely because of the manager!
Pros
Cons
The company supports awful brands. They're in it for the money, not the pets.
I loved my job, all my co-workers, and if I hadn't moved or been offered more hours I'd have stayed indeffinatly
Bather/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 5, 2017
I'd start my job by checking the schedule book, go ahead & start washing the dogs so the groomers could do their jobs. I answered phone calls & made appts. I also went and assisted the sales floor when they were shorthanded. The most enjoyable part of my day was spending time with the dogs and seeing satisfied owners with our work.
Pros
great people
Cons
Corp. inspectors were not fair in some of their judgments
Petsense
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  NCDecember 1, 2017
Overall it is a great company to work for, coworkers are treated like family and it is growing very quickly. There are many opportunities with this company.
Greatest Job ever!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKNovember 15, 2017
I loved this job. I left due to lifting and back. Went into another field that allowed me to be less stressed physically. Wish I would have stayed. Great environment.
Pros
Cons
Lifting
Great management and company
Pet Stylist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSNovember 15, 2017
If the hours had more flexible to my family needs I would have stayed! Loved the people I worked with and the manager! Small store but a great store!!
Good Place
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALISTS AND KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  London, KYNovember 8, 2017
This was a very good place to work. It was by far my favorite job that I've ever had. Everybody was great there. We all had a lot of fun. It was better than band camp.
Fun place to work!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NENovember 7, 2017
Fantastic job! Loved everyone I worked with. There wasn't anything hard about working for Petsense. They closed the store too soon to give it a chance to exceed in Columbus.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Closed business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petsense. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight