PetSmart
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from PetSmart:

PetSmart Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA139 reviews
it was okay
they never really gave people ether the right amount of time or the right amount of people to get the job done but they where relatively flexible with the timetable
Pros
workdays end early so you could go to school
Cons
1/2 hour lunches unpayed. very small back room
Fun and engaging
As a seasonal employee in the PetsHotel, there was always something to do. The work wasn't especially stressful or hard, and management at the branch I worked at was great!
Best job
This company has been the best job I've ever worked at. I love working here and would like to try and get back into the company. Even though the pay sometimes sucks, it's still a great place to work at. I have met some of my best friends within this company and the best manager I have ever worked under.
Productive work environment, great staff.
I was always able to learn something new. Everyday was a new experience. Customer service is something I love doing, so engaging with the pet parents and they’re pets was a fun experience. I like to also mention for the 4 years I was there, my customer service, management and team building skills have improved.
Pros
Engaging with all animals
Cons
N/a
Good place to work, overall its good place to start
A good 1st job or pet job for people trying to get into a pet field. Managment was always understanding and always helpful. Work culture was pretty chill and always felt like you alway had someone there to help you if you needed it
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Fun working environment and friendly co-workers and customers
Fun animals to work with while keeping you busy, the only downside is having to clean up constantly after pets (dogs to be specific) after they used the restroom. Overall a enjoyable work environment if you are strong willed and and a passion/love for animals.
good place to work
Good company to work for. Management was very easy to get along with. Very flexible with work hours. Other employees were very easy to work with and helped out when necessary.
Helping customers comes first
You feel that you can learn what you need to help people really take care of their pets. It's rewarding to see customers happy. Management is good about promoting manager positions from within the company.
Eh
The place is cool if you love dogs When I First Started Everybody Was Warming after awhile everything went south work hard and get small pay management needs work
Pros
Seeing Dogs
Cons
It’s A Job
Pretty easy job
PetSmart is a great company to work for if you love animals. However I would be careful with management. They can be pretty unfair with hours but other then that it is a pretty good place to gain some retail experience.
Great place to work and shop
Everyone is super friendly and the store is always well organized and everyone puts in a team effort in the store in Petsmart we are more than coworkers we are a family of animal lovers.
Love it
Good place to work. I learned so much and still am every day. I enjoy working with the animals and meeting new ones every day. It can be hard but its worth it
It was a productive environment
I would recommend it as a first job. A simi fast pace environment and the manager was well at his job. You learn alot about reptiles and cats and dogs..
Great college job
Great job to earn good money and have fun. Flexible part time hours and management was nice and caring. I would recommend working at Petsmart to learn customer skills.
Unhappy With Petsmart
I work in the Doggie Day Camp/Boarding facilities in PetSmart. We are constantly understaffed so every day is stressful and a gamble. We recently got a new manager for the hotel, who is wonderful, but we also got a new store manager who is very unsympathetic and has caused many people to quit or consider quitting. The people I've worked with closely have generally been very kind, the further up the ladder you get with people coming into the store the ruder they are. They treat us as replaceable but nobody wants to apply for a job with us because the starting pay is trash. The hardest part of the job is how unpredictable it is, accidents happen, sometimes we get lots of people coming in to drop of dogs when we don't expect many. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with our clients and their dogs. PetSmart was like a second home to me and it really saddens me that the management has gone downhill and how corporate is changing things about Doggie Day Camp which just makes an already high stress environment even more stressful as well as puts us, as employees, in danger. PetSmart says associate safety is their number one priority. Based on what I've seen since Elevated Doggie Day Camp that seems to unfortunately not be the case.
Grooming Salon Reception
Working as a receptionist for the Petsmart Grooming Salon, my work day was built on four consistent duties: scheduling appointments, checking customers and their pets in/out, answering phones, and maintaining a safe and clean work environment. Training was easy to follow, allowing me to maintain a firm grasp on the scheduling program used, and the duties expected of me, before working on the floor. And even when I slipped up, I had a wonderful set of coworkers to guild me!
This job helped build my customer service skill, time-efficiency, and most importantly, problem-solving. And don't even mention my ability to pet dogs!
Pros
Dogs, Consistent Duties
Cons
Fast-Paced
It's a nice part time
It's a nice job to get by college or if you need any side money. The work space at PetSmart is friendly and everyone gets along but when a crowd comes is when things get serious.
It was hard at times but they paid for the hardships.
I enjoyed working there for as long as I did. I met great people there great friendships there also. I loved the organización we had there as a team..
Pros
Great team
Cons
Mgmt
It was very quiet
I was mostly on my own taking care of all the pets in our store, It was fun if you like animals like I do. I also sold the pets and explained how to take care of them
productive and fun place to work
the dogs are adorable. Theres even a radio in the play room. However, when I asked if I could do other things in the facility, like cut hair and give exit baths, they said yes. However, they wouldn't let me out of the dog play area.
Petsmart Rocks
Good company. I really like the animals and the people are thourough.The management have been patient with me and have opened me up a little. They have been good I just need Full Time .
Pros
Animals are cared for
Cons
Need fulltime
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5K
2.9K
2.2K
Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.