PetSmart Employee Reviews

31.5K
Found 6,123 reviews matching the search See all 6,519 reviews
Easy and manageable
Professional Dog Groomer (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 19, 2018
Great place to work whenever you remove poor management. Very employee friendly and follows through with benefits provided. Any position held within the store is an opportunity to gain ample amounts of knowledge concerning the pet world.
good
MERCHANDISE INVENTORY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAAugust 18, 2018
great company. they take care of all of the associates. the work is hard but if you have a good team it is easy to get it done. i suggest people to work there.
Fun management, and get to work with animals.
Petcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAAugust 18, 2018
Not a bad place to have your first job at, management was great and they worked around my class schedule. Working animals was nice but after a while the slow pace got too much to handle.
Pros
Discounts, great schedule adjustment
Cons
pay
Fun fast pace environment
Pet Stylist/Groomer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2018
Petsmart was a great job, however I am looking to become a salon lead/manager and they aren’t hiring, that is why I am looking to find a new job. I am wanting to advance with my job.
Poor
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 17, 2018
upper management changes too often and then you are left trying to change work working patterns to try and be better suited for new management, it was always about proofing to the next guy that you deserved the job you currently have
Pros
all the animals you can pet
Cons
Upper Management
Fun work environment
Pet Stylist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 17, 2018
How can you go wrong working with animals? Although stressful sometimes this was a fun job. You never knew what you were going to see walk in the doors. Dogs, cats, lizards, pigs, etc. A really interesting place to work.
best job I have
Wolfcreek parkway- Certified Pets associate (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNAugust 17, 2018
Within this company, you experience a friendly and welcoming work environment. Not to mention the pets! Since I've been working inside the hotel, I go to work everyday with a smile, mostly because pets are my passion.
Cool job if you're a college student.
STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 17, 2018
If you love pets, it's a cool retail job. Other than that it's not worth it. The pay is far too low to live on in NYC. As with most retail jobs, it's only worth living here if you have some other financial support
Fun, and fulfilling
Pet Hotel Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2018
Working at Petsmart has been a very fun and fulling job. I love working with both the pets and the pet parents. I am type person of who loves all animals, so finding a job where I can take care of them is a nice thing to have, it feels like I'm doing what I love.
Great atmosphere
Petcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  LoganvilleAugust 16, 2018
Difficult at first, since I had no formal training. A few things I was just thrown into and expected to learn on my own. Thankfully great staff and managers who helped teach you the tricks of the trade, when available.
Pros
Great environment, interesting knowledge to be learned
Cons
Short break, no real advancement
Like being in highschool
Oxford - Pet Stylist Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALAugust 16, 2018
It was pretty awful, I wanted to become a groomer and was told every month this month would be the month! They waited until I started my college semester and wanted me to stop mid semester to go to grooming school, when I said I couldn't take off class mid semester I was told I wasn't serious enough about it as a career. One year down the drain being lied to, gossiped about, and overall cheated.
great place to work I need benefits
Dog Bather (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 16, 2018
I have been learning a lot from my coworkers and been receiving good feedback and training. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Enjoy working with dogs alot.
fun place, bad coworkers
Animal Bather (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2018
pet-smart as a whole wants you to grow within their organization, they want to see you move up and grow. the bather life is stressful because the shop and shop manager expects you to perform 11 tasks at one time
1. do your bath dogs 2. check in-out guests 3.kennel check for animal waste/water bowls 4. answer phone calls 5. take walk ins 6.assist groomers at their request and becking call 7. fill out PAWgress reports 8. clean the facility if a dog waste in kennel (even if it isnt your dog) 9.clean the front of house 10. clean the back of house/ groom area 11.refilling all items in shop.
Pros
animals, some coworkers are good
Cons
stressful, fast paced
Absolutely terrible management
Associate (Current Employee) –  Raynham, MAAugust 16, 2018
when I was first hired management was terrific. they then switch that management to different locations and brought in all new management. who treat the employees horribly, abuse their position of power and have absolutely no idea what their doing overall! Extremely frustrating as an employee who formerly used to love their job.
Was not happy here
Pet Stylist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2018
From day one, there were issues and things were always changing and I was never told until it was too late. I did not enjoy working here at all. All they cared about was their numbers and didn't care about the well being of their staff.
Very animal oriented
Dog Bather (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 16, 2018
Very animal friendly and animal oriented. Every employee is there to help pets and their owners find and receive the best quality of health possible. Management trains employees continuously on animal health products, tips, and tricks, especially to share with owners to achieve the best results for the pet.
Interactive workplace
Early Morning Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILAugust 16, 2018
A typical day at PetsMart was pretty medium paced. I learned a lot about stocking and dates while I was there. the management was fair and very helpful when needed. there really wasn't a hard part with the job there was goal set though.
Fun Workplace, but corporate is divided
Customer Engagement Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2018
On a store level, Pet Smart is really fun and a great workplace, But in recent times,corporate has made some moves that work against productivity and pets health, by taking time from the pet and placing it on the customer we have suffer more pet lost than any other year due to this change in policies.
Pros
Fun, Learn a lot about pets
Cons
Corporate is making money decisions, not concern for pets
Stressful and busy workplace
Bather/Groomer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 15, 2018
In the salon you aren't paid enough for the type of work. Also, the manager will cut your hours randomly. The manager doesn't follow your availability and she will yell at you if you aren't available enough.
A Job
Core Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 15, 2018
Its a fun place to work and the best part of the day is when friend pups roll through. The compensation is good for high school/ college students but no where near enough for someone out.