PetSmart

Found 56 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,704 reviews

PetSmart insights

Based on 3,308 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Good Volunteer Work

The employees at PetSmart love animals and are kind people. My time volunteering there was pleasant. Everyone I worked with was helpful and knowledgable.

Volunteer

● OverallI had a good experience volunteering at Petsmart, they treat you kindly and you have a say in what you want, and especially the animals were adorable

Satisfying if you do not mind a chaotic day and rather heavy workload

Many of the employees at PetSmart seem to be there because they want to work alongside animals. You will be expected to be able to help out with whatever your manager wants you to as well as help customers

Pros

Lovely coworkers

Cons

Tight schedule

yeah

I liked helping the dogs get a home I mat some really great people while I was there helping out. even got free food from volunteer sometimes I hoped that this helped

Pros

i got to play with dogs

Cons

i had to get up early

Cats Cats Cats

A lot of independence Fun atmosphere filled with cute cats and kittens Dealing with a lot of cleaning and making sure the animals are healthy and taken care properly

Pros

Playing with Cats and volunteer hours

Cons

Not long enough in the day

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Fun workplace

Volunteer work here. Cleaned cages and played with cats. Report any medical conditions the cats have. Food and water for the cats. General management of the place.

Pros

Fun with cats!

Volunteering

I wasn't actually employed by PetSmart, I actually volunteered, however, I would still recommend them if you like pets. I personally have a few pets, and have had a few in the past and I love animals so helping out with the cats made me happy and I enjoyed it.

Don't work here if you can't handle customers

Even though my job was to keep the cat adoption area clean, I'd have customers come through the doors multiple times an hour asking if I could leave the cats out and let them play with them. Most of the time, they'd be little kids. It can get stressful after a while when you've told people that you are not qualified to leave the cats out for the tenth time that hour.

Pros

Cats

Cons

Everything Else

Fun

This experience was fun and beneficial because it allowed me to play with animals while taking care of them. It also gave me experience in animal care.

PetSmart Volunteer

A while back i worked here and i enjoyed it because i was able to help cats (feed them and clean them), that is the main reason I took this "job". It was also a great experience to see how many people were helping as well

Productive Place To Work

Very enjoyable experience doing volunteer work with South Bay Cat Adoptions. I have gained lots of experience assisting and attending to the cats. Helping animals is what I do best.

Lots of animal interaction.

If you love volunteering and working with animals then this is the perfect situation. You need to be able to help customers out but other than that you get to work with rescue cats and help them get more socialized so they can get adopted. This was a super stress free position and if you love cats then I would definitely suggest trying this out.

Calm enviroment

it was a good place to volunteer. I enjoyed seeing the rescue animals going to they're new homes. I have nothing bad to say about the PetSmart here in town

Pros

Calm lunch room

Cons

dealing with unruley animals

I was a volunteer

It gave me a good experience to get myself into the work field. All the employees were nice and helpful. I got to clean cat cages and encourage customers to adopt a cat.

Pros

volunteer

Cons

N/a

Good place to start your career

the co-workers are pleasant, the facility was always nice and clean. They provide all the tools needed for grooming and bathing animals. The management need training on motivation and professionalism.

helping animals

Volunteeing at shady grove helped me love cats. Initially i was terrifieed but i grew a fodness of them. It also helped me help the homeless and provide as much as i could for them.

Pros

a lot of work

Cons

no free lunch

Job is for teenagers

I loved working with the cats but the people in charge were always rude. I eventually stopped going because I always felt like I was in trouble for something.

Pros

I loved being able to help the animals

Cons

The people just weren't nice

Amazing experience.

I got to sit there with kitties all day and wrote in my journal between people's visits. It was a relaxing volunteering experience for me, and I'd do it again any time!

Love the animals

I love to work with animals. I was able to cuddle and clean up after them. I swept up and did something I love. I would volunteer there if able to do it again

I think petsmart is good the way it is.

I really would like to help out with the dogs please. I will start my job December 1st. And I will always always come after school. I also have a disability including Autism, assburgers, OCD and another one I totally forgot just to let you know.

Pros

I will definitely be bringing a lunch from home.

Cons

I would like probaly a couple short breaks at least.

it is a fun place to volunteer at

I loved volunteering at pet smart, because I love the people there, they are so nice and compatible with what days you can work and not, especially since I go to school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7K

InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare PetSmart with

Career recommendations for Volunteer

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • PetSmart