PetSmart

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,788 reviews

PetSmart insights

Based on 3,431 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Face paced and fun

Over all a great job but they tend to care more about their customer happiness than their employees at times. I had the pleasure of working with a manager that was better in this aspect than most.

It is hard work

Must have lots passion for pets and have a hard-working and team-oriented. The job is not easy and not very clean. You have to be okay with dog's having diarrhea and vomiting

Competitive

I love working here, but I feel as though it is hard to make enough money to survive. I've dedicated three years to this company and feel as though I should be compensated a little better.

Pros

Discount, working with dogs

Cons

no overtime allowed, stressful

As long as you have thick skin, and can handle confrontation, you could work here

I feel working retail anywhere anymore is going to require someone that can handle a disgruntled customer effectively. It would be the same as working in the service industry. A typical day at work for me would involve customer service and interaction. I needed to know how to spot critical signs of stress for dogs and cats, and act quickly should the situation call for it. The vast majority of managers are very helpful, and willing to help solve problems with you. I felt the hardest part of the job was attempting to meet all customer needs. This wasn't always a problem, but on a weekend in the summer when we would become very busy, it wasn't always possible to please all people. The most enjoyable part would be finishing a busy day with customers and myself being satisfied with a good job done. I love animals and being able to interact with them and their pet parents was very satisfying.

Pros

Flexable work shedual.

Cons

Low pay.

Great atmosphere

Petsmart was a very fun place to work, the people and customer were wonderful and the atmosphere was great. A lot of learning opportunities and decent pay .

Pros

Fun, cheerful

Cons

Pay

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Management was poor and my needs not met.

Very high pace stressful job which would be tolerable and even fun sometimes if management had any care for our personal needs. You cannot work a stressful job and have it put your personal life in jeopardy. Asks to put job over kids and medical emergencies.

Typical Retail Job

PetSmart is a corporation who operates on the basic principles of keeping worker wages low, but given the ease of this job, they were justified in doing so. The sanitary conditions for some of the animals showing up was less than preferable, but they do have a good corporate responsibility of only adopting out cats and dogs. Typical pet store. Typical retail store.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Low pay

Play with animals all day!!

Petsmart is a fun place to work because of all the exposure to many different kinds of pets . My management style does not mesh well with the store manager's. Training is poor.

Pros

Play with animals all day

Cons

Benefits and pay are terrible

Fun work environment

There is always something to keep me busy at work. Whether it be engaging with a Pet Parent or caring for a pet. Management team is fun ! Always keeps our team happy and makes the work day go by smoothly. I enjoy working with all my co-workers. We all communicate extremely well. I honestly do not fel there are any hard parts of my job. We all work as a team which makes it go smoothly! The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction I have with others.

Pros

Working with animals, teaching new and experienced Pet Parents how to care for their pets.

Cons

low hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PetSmart.
Powered byComparably

Compare PetSmart with

Learn about PetSmart in Loveland, CO

• PetSmart
  • Loveland, CO
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?