PetSmart

Found 41 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,703 reviews

PetSmart insights

Based on 3,297 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Good Volunteer Work

The employees at PetSmart love animals and are kind people. My time volunteering there was pleasant. Everyone I worked with was helpful and knowledgable.

Volunteer

● OverallI had a good experience volunteering at Petsmart, they treat you kindly and you have a say in what you want, and especially the animals were adorable

yeah

I liked helping the dogs get a home I mat some really great people while I was there helping out. even got free food from volunteer sometimes I hoped that this helped

Pros

i got to play with dogs

Cons

i had to get up early

Cats Cats Cats

A lot of independence Fun atmosphere filled with cute cats and kittens Dealing with a lot of cleaning and making sure the animals are healthy and taken care properly

Pros

Playing with Cats and volunteer hours

Cons

Not long enough in the day

Fun workplace

Volunteer work here. Cleaned cages and played with cats. Report any medical conditions the cats have. Food and water for the cats. General management of the place.

Pros

Fun with cats!

Cons

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Volunteering

I wasn't actually employed by PetSmart, I actually volunteered, however, I would still recommend them if you like pets. I personally have a few pets, and have had a few in the past and I love animals so helping out with the cats made me happy and I enjoyed it.

Don't work here if you can't handle customers

Even though my job was to keep the cat adoption area clean, I'd have customers come through the doors multiple times an hour asking if I could leave the cats out and let them play with them. Most of the time, they'd be little kids. It can get stressful after a while when you've told people that you are not qualified to leave the cats out for the tenth time that hour.

Pros

Cats

Cons

Everything Else

Fun

This experience was fun and beneficial because it allowed me to play with animals while taking care of them. It also gave me experience in animal care.

Productive Place To Work

Very enjoyable experience doing volunteer work with South Bay Cat Adoptions. I have gained lots of experience assisting and attending to the cats. Helping animals is what I do best.

I was a volunteer

It gave me a good experience to get myself into the work field. All the employees were nice and helpful. I got to clean cat cages and encourage customers to adopt a cat.

Pros

volunteer

Cons

N/a

Good place to start your career

the co-workers are pleasant, the facility was always nice and clean. They provide all the tools needed for grooming and bathing animals. The management need training on motivation and professionalism.

helping animals

Volunteeing at shady grove helped me love cats. Initially i was terrifieed but i grew a fodness of them. It also helped me help the homeless and provide as much as i could for them.

Pros

a lot of work

Cons

no free lunch

Job is for teenagers

I loved working with the cats but the people in charge were always rude. I eventually stopped going because I always felt like I was in trouble for something.

Pros

I loved being able to help the animals

Cons

The people just weren't nice

I think petsmart is good the way it is.

I really would like to help out with the dogs please. I will start my job December 1st. And I will always always come after school. I also have a disability including Autism, assburgers, OCD and another one I totally forgot just to let you know.

Pros

I will definitely be bringing a lunch from home.

Cons

I would like probaly a couple short breaks at least.

it is a fun place to volunteer at

I loved volunteering at pet smart, because I love the people there, they are so nice and compatible with what days you can work and not, especially since I go to school.

productive, fast pace and friendly atmosphere

learned something new everyday I was there. bonding with customers while learning about all kinds of different animals. never a dull moment keeping busy was never a problem finding something to do.

Fun place to volunteer

I enjoy volunteering and helping with adoptions. I adopted two cats that were a brother and sister when I first started so they would not be separated.

Not good

All I did was hold dogs in a circle looking for someone to adopt them. I also helped with taking them out to go to the bathroom. It could be more organized.

Easy going.

Quiet environment for the most part. I learned social skills and customer service in the process. To me, the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing one of the cats i was taking care of be adopted.

Volunteer work

I worked at Petsmart in Sacramento as volunteer work. I specifically helped in the cat section. My duties were helping to cut the cats nails when they got too long, spend time and interact with the cats, and also to groom them occasionally.

Pros

Animals.

Fun Workplace

Great Managment; Cleaned and sanitized, helped customers in friendly environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the animals and helping people enjoy their pets in the best health possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PetSmart.
Powered byComparably

Compare PetSmart with

Career recommendations for Volunteer

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • PetSmart
  • Volunteer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?