PetSmart Employee Reviews

Found 7,395 reviews matching the search See all 7,893 reviews
Never low on business
Pet Stylist (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAJune 18, 2019
This place is always booming with customers. Even slow days feel jam packed. Just come to work and don't get involved in the drama and you'll do well.
Mostly ok
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJune 18, 2019
I started off in the grooming salon, random 4 hour shifts here and there because they weren't busy. Worked my butt off for minimum wage but at least there are puppies
Good place to work management needed improvement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wayne njJune 18, 2019
When I worked there I had a positive experience with my coworkers and the job it's self I loved my customers but the management definitely needs improvement.
It's a job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLJune 18, 2019
Pretty standard job there are chances to move up in the company if you're willing to relocate. corporate can be a little demanding at times and change some of the things for the worse but overall a fine job
Pros
Pays well for an entry level job
Cons
Early mornings
Great place to work if you like taking with and about pets.
Shelf Stocker (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 18, 2019
I learned a lot about pets and common problems they have. Managers are not strict. The worst part about the job is that it can be boring and the air is very dry and dusty. I love greeting all the dogs that come in and taking to people about there pets.
Pros
Encourages you to take your break.
Team orientened environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJune 17, 2019
Customer driven focus company, short work days. Great for starting a career. Open management environment, cares about their workers. Every month you learn something new about the company culture through mandatory videos.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Short hours during week
fun working place
dog sitting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2019
i love watching dogs a lot so its fun to work there and its a great place to work at all the animals there there sooo cute and cuddly they are fluffy and non fluffy too omg animals i love them they have pretty eyes and are big medium and small
Pros
cute animals
Cons
nothing
great placd to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 17, 2019
Loved the job and the people and pets , it was a fun and friendly place to work. I would not have left but had very bad management . All the people worked as a team .
Great Experience
Customer Service Associate - Dog Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 17, 2019
Working with PetSmart has been a wonderful experience which is why I have been there for the past 6 years, but like everyone else in life I’m striving for something better. Petsmart has always been good to me and I know this company is a place I can always rely on for a job. I’m seeking a full time job.
Pros
Friendly and Supportive Environment
Cons
Hard to get full time position unless you’re management.
Recommend if u need a job
Pet Stylist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 16, 2019
They take half of your commission and off discount that comes out of your half of your commission. I felt like I was getting robbed.they did have good benefits and offered groomers discounts
Toss up
Pet Stylist (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TexasJune 16, 2019
It’s fun to work there, but if you aren’t into the drama and gossip they will make you apart of it. Managers hang with associates when they aren’t supposed to. Favoritism and retaliation happens way too often. Thank you but no thank you.
All about the number
Customer Engagement Leader (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJune 16, 2019
Used to be about the pets the company is now directed into making the metrics. Work life balance as a manager is nill. I was talked about negatively while I was morning.the loss of my husband by my superior.
If managers had been better.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 16, 2019
I enjoyed petsmart to an extent. But once the most recent assistant manager took over it just went down hill. Hours were cut because you werent her favorite. Or if they had no one scheduled for someones lunch time they would schedule someone who lived 30 minutes away to come in for an hour of work
It’s a decent place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 15, 2019
It can be a great job for high school students and for anyone that is in college but management isn’t so great. They really need work because some of their attitudes are making the place a bad place to work. No room for advancement. I can say a lot more but I’ll keep it to myself.
Stay for the dogs
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAJune 15, 2019
Petsmart was a good opportunity while putting myself through school, but has become increasingly poorly managed. Management doesn't care about you and workers aren't properly paid for what's asked of them. The only reason I stayed for so long was because of the dogs.
Productive and fun environment to work in.
Associate Manager/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 15, 2019
Petsmart was my favorite job, my co workers were very helpful and positive to work with. It was overall a great experience. I would recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
We had vending machines and always free food
Cons
A lot of tasks and not many people liked helping
Poor management
Petcare (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 15, 2019
I liked working here at first. I’ve been with the company for over a year now and here is what I’ve noticed over time:
-The store is VERY money driven
-there is always more to do and even when you try your hardest, it’s never enough
-my store’s management was very manipulative and would guilt the associates if they weren’t selling enough donations or telling where every costumer was at all times which made the customers uncomfortable
-the managers would team up against associates
-the managers would stop using certain products to treat fish in the back because it would lose the store more money
-oventimes one manager in particular would leave sick hamsters out on the store floor and wouldn’t check new arrivals which once led 5 animals to die in less than a week...
-the pay was severely low for all of the work that was being completed

The list goes on
Pros
Cute animals
Cons
Poor pay, management
High stress and low pay
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJune 14, 2019
Low pay for the responsibilities and hours of work. With little to no opportunities for promotion. It was hard to make ends meat with what they paid..
Fun work environment
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 14, 2019
Overall I enjoyed my experience working with petsmart. I was fresh out of high school and was looking for a job where I could work with animals while I was going to school. This job is perfect for people who are animal lovers and have great customer service skills.
Poor Management
Retail associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2019
The main reason why I left was due to the poor management skills at PetSmart. Not to say the managers were bad people or treated me unfairly its just that they were always late to do things/forgot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K
42.5K
31.9K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss