Pfizer Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,627 reviews matching the search
A good place to learn new things
Quality Risk Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTSeptember 25, 2017
A place which helps you decide which role best suits by rotational programs and with the intern you get to talk to senior people to get suggestions on how to proceed in our career.
Pros
Very Friendly, Competitive
High stress atmosphere, low employee moral
Contractor - Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 24, 2017
Company is not currently stable enough for many permanent hire employees. This company is in a transitional period which may last for years due to the Pfizer purchase in 2013. My experience during employment with Pfizer was that there were too may business inconsistencies and acute fear from long-term employees that they would lose their jobs based on social reasons and not fact or productivity or employee value.

Most managers I came in contact with did not appear to have any self assurance or demonstrate any interest in developing employees. I also observed that managers did not possess human resource procedural knowledge to properly manage employees. This company does very little employee recognition and development. I saw no loyalty on the company side toward employees. In my opinion, this company is destined in fail.
Pros
Pfizer is trying to identify areas of improvement.
Cons
Pfizer does not demonstrate any loyalty to employees.
terrible management
chemist (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, MOSeptember 24, 2017
this is the meridian subsidiary. I don't think global Pfizer is like this. it has terrible work life balance and they do not care about their employees.
I enjoyed working in Pfizer, because I was treated with high respect for me as an individual and as an accountant
GL Accountant (Former Employee) –  DublinSeptember 22, 2017
My co-workers were amazing people, very caring and kind, there were no conflicts at all. My managers were also very professional and understanding. I could easily manage my work and my work-life balance.
Pros
Great culture and rewards
Cons
difficult to get promotions
great place
Administrative/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2017
The people there are great and they very helpful and if you sick its was great also because its make medicine you would have great insight on every medication Great place to work
Aseptic work enviroment
Sanitizer (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, MOSeptember 19, 2017
Pfizer bought Meridian Medical Technologies where we produced Epipens and nerve agent antidote pens for the US military. Work is balanced but overtime is necessary and mandatory.
Great Community, Supportive Colleagues
Bench Scientist, Cancer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2017
You really felt like you were part of the Pfizer family. The workflow was fast, but well-balanced. You always felt like you were working towards a goal. Whether you are a contractor or a FTE, you feel like you're part of Pfizer.
Pros
Your work is valuable and you truly feel like a member of the Pfizer community
Cons
Budget Constraints can affect job security if you're redundant or fairly new
Good Company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peapack, NJSeptember 18, 2017
A contractor was always at risk here. No idea how long the job would last. Sometimes pitted against other employees unfairly. The direction of the company seemed to always be in flux
Pros
Salary
Cons
no job security
Good company
Professional Healthcare Representative (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 17, 2017
Company is very inclusive. There are a lot of opportunities to grow and develop into other areas. The work life balance was a good for working mom and students.
A small company under a big corporate umbrella
Sterilizer Technician (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 16, 2017
I enjoyed working for Pfizer, I was young and just out of the US Navy and this job became the company I would spend my next 34 years. Who would have guessed a job that I started at paid 3.25 per hour would eventually create a career.
Great job with a bad manager.
Specialty Healthcare Representative (Former Employee) –  UtahSeptember 15, 2017
I loved the job at Pfizer and my first manager there was wonderful. When the manager changed, so did the job. The second manager was very narrow minded and could only see one way to do the job. He let multiple go who were producing at the top of the district and region because they had a different style than he did. They were not breaking rules, doing unethical things, or doing anything else wrong. It was sad to see such a good thing go bad.
Great!
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTSeptember 14, 2017
Intellectually stimulating environment on the cutting edge of research, highly recommend it if only based off the positive company culture. A Great place to work!
One of the best company to work for
Senior IT Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2017
The compensation and benefit of Pfizer is world class. You won't find another company that has the resources to help you further your goal than Pfizer. The culture can be a little outdated but the standard and practices set are still relevant. The culture can be a little intimidating from the outside but it usually boils down to the team you are in and the manager's preference on how to run the group.
Learnt a lot while I worked in Pfizer
Sr. QA/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTSeptember 13, 2017
Great company to be associated with . I got to learn a lot across multiple projects and technologies. Management is very supportive and try to fit you into a project which matches your skillset.
Excellent pay and benefits
Packaging Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guayama Municipio, PRSeptember 13, 2017
A typical day was a streesful one due to the fast paced environment. Had to work plenty of weekends. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay and benefits. Learned a lot of FDA compliance.
Pros
Great pay!
Cons
Working on the weekends.
Fun place to intern
SAP Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PASeptember 11, 2017
Was a valuable experience, learned a lot. I was only there for the summer but during that time I got to work with a variety of people and gain lots of experience in a variety of skills.
N/a
Analytical Research and Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 11, 2017
Typical day at work is to meet with your team, make a game plan, then execute that game plan in a timely manner. Easy going, independent work, generally nice people
Amazing place to work
Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTSeptember 10, 2017
Pfizer is a great place to work and learn the business of clinical trial. It allows you the opportunity to grow and excel in your career. Pfizer has amazing work culture and colleagues take complete accountability of what they do and support each other.
Large Company
District Business Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2017
Large company getting larger. With that comes change management. Must be adaptable and flexible. Good pay and benefits. Employee mix is semi-diverse and people are ambitious
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Layoffs every 2 years - creates culture of stress
Excellent workplace
Divisional Controller | Director Finance B&O (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJSeptember 7, 2017
Being part of a world-class company it’s a privilege. Globally known for excellence and diversity requires talented individuals that leads global projects of varying complexity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pfizer Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2