PFP Services Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work!
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTApril 18, 2018
My experience at PFP has truly been amazing. The people are great, and PFP prides itself on having such a fun, team-oriented and collaborative culture. I have a wonderful boss who invests in my professional and personal development and I am so thankful for that.
Pros
Great leadership, opportunities for growth
productive place
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJuly 27, 2017
good place to work if you have someone to help you pack all day. if you dont be ready to look for another job. not worth the headache. also very dusty place.
Official response from PFP Services
April 25, 2018

This is not the right company. PFP is an insurance company. We do not hire forklift operators.

Supportive Coworkers with Applied Experience and Family Culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTJuly 13, 2017
Excellent Internship with a great company that invests in your future. They kept my career goals in mind when deciding my schedule an assignments. Worked in many areas throughout the company and participated in creating new initiatives as well as opportunities to learn by shadowing as well. Coworkers and management always offered me advice and were great to work with. The hardest part of the job for me was commuting to New York for the first week while the most enjoyable part was participating in a member video testimonial contest during offsite visits.
Pros
Great people to work with & opportunities for the future
Cons
None that come to mind
Great people, poor design
Life & Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2017
I enjoyed my time with PFP though it was short lived. They have a quota that has to be met and if you dont then you're gone. You can only sell to credit union members.
Culture rich company that loves its employees and its customers!
Happy Employee who feels like a stakeholder! (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 19, 2017
PFP started as a family business in the early 70's by providing supplemental insurance benefits to credit union members. Today
PFP has grown into a second generation proliferating company that provides many more supplemental products like life, disability, critical illness and accident coverage to the average wage earners. The company embraces trust, teamwork and transparency. The work is interesting and fulfilling. The people are passionate. The company offers a good work life balance, compensation and benefits, career path, ethical leaders and an untouchable culture.
Pros
Work that makes a difference, much celebration, recognition, supportive and fun co-workers, teamwork makes the dreamwork
Good company
Insurance Senior Agent (Former Employee) –  Orange, CT 06477September 28, 2016
• Service and sell a portfolio of life, disability, critical illness, and accident insurance products.
• Building relationships with credit union members.
• Expand services and contribute to company’s growth by networking, partnering and solidifying business outside our braches.
• Servicing SEG’s and opening more accounts for new members.
Pros
Base Salary
Cons
Not much proffetional growth
Work hard, Play hard, you will get noticed.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 27, 2016
I love working at PFP. I go to work, talk to people all day and come home at a decent hour and then play with my kids.
They do an amazing job of training their employees. You can tell they invest a lot of money in people, upfront before they start selling.
My co-workers are my extended family.
The hard part of the job is the downtime, you have to be creative and never get down. Be creative and think outside the box or in this instance, outside the credit union lobby. The good thing is that your co-workers are always there to help you.
The best part of the job is getting to help people. It never gets old, people telling me how I helped them protect their family and without their policy that I sold them, they would be in a really bad place.
Pros
Contests, Free trips, $500 referral fee, my manager
Cons
it's tough to hear rejection from people that you know need the products.
Fast Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTJune 8, 2016
My typical day at PFP consisted of assisting customers with any concerns they may have had with their life insurance policies.
Best Insurance career you will ever have.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 1, 2016
I used to work in traditional insurance and this is very different.
At PFP, I have a captured audience in the Credit Unions.
They also book my offsites at different companies. With this job I am able to sell. My job is to sell, not do admin. work or customer service.
Your co-workers become your family. We are all very close.
Did I mention, they have awesome trips that are not hard to obtain.
Pros
No Prospecting, A stable Salary, Culture
Cons
You have a set schedule every month.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTApril 15, 2016
This was a lovely place to work. Getting to help the members was always a rewarding experience and all the other employees were always happy to help.

Want to know more about PFP Services?

Ask a question
Productive call center for life insurance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTAugust 20, 2015
This was a good place to work, everyone was very friendly and helpful. Since this was life insurance the most difficult part was taking calls from those who had a loved one pass away. The best part was when I was actually able to help someone with his or her life insurance, whether it be working out billing issues or getting him or her to understand life insurance better.
I enjoyed my time spent here
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTJuly 22, 2015
Not enough space for me to list everything. I will say that most employees are very pleasant to deal with and I enjoyed going to work everyday.
Pros
Work Hours
Cons
Like most office enviroments choose your words and friends wisely
Its good if you are starting in the Insurance Industry
Sales Coach (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2015
Its good if you are starting in the Insurance Industry but if you are wanting to have a career, you will not be compensated if you exceed the expectations.
Pros
Salary plus commission
Cons
Limited in who you can sell to and their scope is too small. Products are not superior
pfp is definitely people feeding people
CAR/ Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTMay 24, 2015
good company..lots of moral. you will gain a lot of weight working there because there is always a celebration with food involved. overall if you do what you have to do you will make good money working there
Great Company!
Sales Representative/ Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 24, 2015
Partnered with a Credit Union that was new to the program, travelled to many branches, met a lot of great people! The team meetings were very informative, and everyone I met was very supportive and wanted me to do well!
Interesting place to work.
Sales (Former Employee) –  USJanuary 13, 2015
While the uncapped commission was great, the opportunities for sales were not great. You are limited to what you can do and left with very little guidance. You are micromanaged and if you are not selling on a daily bases you are reported on even though the selling opportunities are limited on demographic and times of the year.
Pros
Decent hours.
Cons
Limited selling opportunities. Micro-managed. Fend for yourself type of atmosphere.
Interesting Company
Member Benefits Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTNovember 3, 2014
This position gave you "banker's hours" which was really great, and had you working with credit union members exclusively. However, during training, the CEO admitted that the company name didn't stand for anything. I found that a little strange. The management was lacking, and communication was sparse.
Pros
great hours
Cons
job instability, poor managment
Official response from PFP Services
April 3, 2017

PFP stands for Plans for Professionals. Most people know us as the Family Security Plan because that is the name of our products.

good working environment
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTMay 19, 2014
managers were also very helpful. it was a great working environment. everyone was very respectful of one another.
Professional Environment Shaping better People and Better Employees
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Western NYNovember 26, 2013
A typical day at work included driving 2-4days a week driving 75minutes or more to work across the sales region (varied widely by region) with an early morning phone call to my sales manager, setting up my sales area and greeting potential customers and presenting and closing the sale. There was frequent contact throughout the day with my sales manager. The day ended when I broke down my area and called and submitted my sales numbers for the day.
I learned how to interact with coworkers, both peers and management, of all ages and experience in a professional environment. I learned numerous ways to start, present and close a sale and most importantly discovering the need of the customer.
PFP Management was fantastic and very supportive, always actively looking for ways to communicate their years of experience and valuable information. I seriously cannot say enough good about the management.
Hands down the hardest part of the job were those periods were sales were not forthcoming. That's bound to be the answer to this question for any sales job.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the benefits and perks such as regular company dining outs, prizes, contests etc. Also, ending a day with several sales and going on a streak of sales is an amazing thrill.
Pros
Regular business meals, contests and prizes, etc.
A happy, positive work environment!
Corporate Position (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTJune 25, 2013
From the first day I started working for PFP I felt as if I had worked there for years. Friendly, positive work environment. Management is always encouraging new ideas and you will constantly be challenged and improving your skills.

PFP is a solid, growing company and you feel proud working there. I enjoy coming to work everyday and hope to have a long successful career here.

I would definitely recommend this company to others!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PFP Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.7

4.5Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

5.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight