PFP Services Employee Reviews

Unless you are a sales person advancement and pay are low
I'd like to keep that to myself (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTMay 24, 2019
People are nice but management is lacking. There doesn't seem to be a plan in any other department except sales and customer service. I was hired for one job with a certain description and the job ended up being different than what was explained in the interview.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Departments lack goals and direction
Friendly and Supportive Work Environment
Customer Acquisition Agent (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLApril 15, 2019
Great place to work. Highly recommend to anybody. Everybody wants to help you succeed and as long as you are willing to put in the effort you will! Management is great and the trainers they have make sure it's almost impossible to not succeed.
Pros
Support, training, compensation
Cons
Short lunch breaks
PFP is a great place to work!!!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTApril 15, 2019
I have absolutely LOVED working here! I have been here since August and throughout my time at PFP, I have seen more people get promoted than any other organization that I've ever worked for. They are huge on internal growth and development.

Everybody at the company is super friendly and outgoing! All of the employees seem to be very happy with the work that they do on a daily basis. In addition to pleasant co-workers - the work life balance is awesome!!! Only a 37.5 hour work week!

I would highly recommend PFP to a friend or family member. If you are looking for a place to grow and develop, this is the place for you!
Pros
Work-life balance, internal growth and promotion, pleasant environment
Be very careful with joining this company
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTMarch 27, 2019
They tend to fire people very quickly if they don’t have a good perception of you (even though you complete the work). In the small amount of time of working there, I witness at least over 20 emails concerning terminations. Poor management skills, poor on boarding process and lack training material within Analysis department.

The employees seem to also think too highly of themselves, making it seem as if the workload is difficult, when in reality it’s simple, but because of that mindset, new employees are look down upon if they don't understand business process right away.

Also manager had a terrible memory and awareness of what was taking place in department. After reporting and emailing him concerning task, when revisiting those conversations he seem to be lost, like he didn’t know what was going on. Because of that, his thought process from that point, made it seem as if I was not taking care of task fully.

Another point is concerning QA process within department and questioning. Initially once hired it was encouraged to ask questions as much as possible and also before sending out reports to have team members check it. After following this process months later, manager expressed through body language (response to questions) that I had a lack of understanding concerning business logic, even though I explained and demonstrated within email that I had a full comprehension concerning all these matters.

Concerning QA process it was also encouraged to have other members check work before sending out reports. Months later after following this process and reporting
  more... to manager. It seem to be frowned upon and from his perception that I was incapable of completing the task on my own, even though I was waiting for them to give final approval.

Also it was mention that on my part there was a lack of questions ask on our phone call meetings that we had with a credit union concerning receiving files from them. We spoke about one field in particular and it was very simple (no questions needed to be asked). But since manager didn’t feel I was asking questions on call, that was a problem, not realizing that the content of the conversation was so simple and straightforward that no questions need to be asked.

Another point to bring up is the change of personality. I believe strongly that the reason for the change of information concerning initial hire and last days working here is due to another employee who was hired along with me, left the company after working there for less than a month. Once he left there was a complete change of attitude with manager.

Overall, I would be very hesitant about joining this company unless your family member works there (you have a better chance of them being patient). Company does has have good culture, but the BA and other departments are cut throat and will appear to be nice but will get rid of you right away.

Also it should be noted that before my departure, (after other coworkers left) I was no longer include within meetings on my calendar. Meaning that management was already putting me in a position to fail.
Pros
Free Lunch at times
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of training material, Quick Judgement
Worst Management
Licensed Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2019
If the management wasn't so poor this place would be great. However, the management is so abusive that myself and many former employees have been traumatized by them. Near the end of my 6 years with them when they terminated me without acknowedging they terminated me to save on having to pay unemployment benefits, I would have panic attacks in the middle of the night related to the mental abuse, character and integrity assault as well dishonesty that was dealt by the hands of management. In addition, deceptive sales practices are rewarded there at the expense of working class families.
Pros
well compensated
Cons
if you are not designated as a high performer, you work life can be traumatic and financially unrewarding.
*******Most rewarding experience I ever had ********
Sr Marketing Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York City, NYSeptember 15, 2018
I worked previously for Pfp as a Sr Marketing Sales Representative for over 8 years and loved every moment of it. Days were spent primarily enrolling credit union members into Life, Health and Disability insurance plans and servicing existing members. After a 5 year gap I have now returned back to Pfp, the staff is just as friendly and warm as I remembered. Salary wise, the sky is truly the limit, your pay check reflects your productivity and for your hard work, the company rewards you EXCELLENTLY.
Pros
Extremely High Earning Potential.
Cons
One must be thick skined in order to deal with rejection.
Remote position which provides daily independence from supervison
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTSeptember 9, 2018
I live in NJ and the company is located in Connecticut. The position requires a great deal of standing and talking to customers as well as holding marketing events at customer job sites. Many days you may not see many customers and/or the same customers depending on the credit union which affected your sales volume. Quite a few representatives were given non-productive accounts.
Pros
Minimal supervision
Cons
Daily travel to different work sites
Productive and fun workplace
Guar Operator (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 29, 2018
Even though the job title is the same throughout the day, you will most likely encounter at least one thing different that makes what you do interesting with a constant learning experience.
poor
Bilingual Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 19, 2018
I don't recommend this job to my best friend, lack of opportunities and goals are hard to meet. I feel it is a great opportunity to help you pay to get licensed.
Great Place to Work!
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTApril 18, 2018
My experience at PFP has truly been amazing. The people are great, and PFP prides itself on having such a fun, team-oriented and collaborative culture. I have a wonderful boss who invests in my professional and personal development and I am so thankful for that.
Pros
Great leadership, opportunities for growth
Pretty high stakes sales
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTOctober 20, 2017
Same as every other sales job. They give you unrealistic goals to try to meet with a barely willing clientele and push a cheery, fake atmosphere. My direct manager was awesome but the one above her was a nightmare.
productive place
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJuly 27, 2017
good place to work if you have someone to help you pack all day. if you dont be ready to look for another job. not worth the headache. also very dusty place.
Official response from PFP Services
April 25, 2018

This is not the right company. PFP is an insurance company. We do not hire forklift operators.

Supportive Coworkers with Applied Experience and Family Culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTJuly 13, 2017
Excellent Internship with a great company that invests in your future. They kept my career goals in mind when deciding my schedule an assignments. Worked in many areas throughout the company and participated in creating new initiatives as well as opportunities to learn by shadowing as well. Coworkers and management always offered me advice and were great to work with. The hardest part of the job for me was commuting to New York for the first week while the most enjoyable part was participating in a member video testimonial contest during offsite visits.
Pros
Great people to work with & opportunities for the future
Cons
None that come to mind
Great people, poor design
Life & Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2017
I enjoyed my time with PFP though it was short lived. They have a quota that has to be met and if you dont then you're gone. You can only sell to credit union members.
Culture rich company that loves its employees and its customers!
Happy Employee who feels like a stakeholder! (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 19, 2017
PFP started as a family business in the early 70's by providing supplemental insurance benefits to credit union members. Today
PFP has grown into a second generation proliferating company that provides many more supplemental products like life, disability, critical illness and accident coverage to the average wage earners. The company embraces trust, teamwork and transparency. The work is interesting and fulfilling. The people are passionate. The company offers a good work life balance, compensation and benefits, career path, ethical leaders and an untouchable culture.
Pros
Work that makes a difference, much celebration, recognition, supportive and fun co-workers, teamwork makes the dreamwork
Good company
Insurance Senior Agent (Former Employee) –  Orange, CT 06477September 28, 2016
• Service and sell a portfolio of life, disability, critical illness, and accident insurance products.
• Building relationships with credit union members.
• Expand services and contribute to company’s growth by networking, partnering and solidifying business outside our braches.
• Servicing SEG’s and opening more accounts for new members.
Pros
Base Salary
Cons
Not much proffetional growth
Work hard, Play hard, you will get noticed.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 27, 2016
I love working at PFP. I go to work, talk to people all day and come home at a decent hour and then play with my kids.
They do an amazing job of training their employees. You can tell they invest a lot of money in people, upfront before they start selling.
My co-workers are my extended family.
The hard part of the job is the downtime, you have to be creative and never get down. Be creative and think outside the box or in this instance, outside the credit union lobby. The good thing is that your co-workers are always there to help you.
The best part of the job is getting to help people. It never gets old, people telling me how I helped them protect their family and without their policy that I sold them, they would be in a really bad place.
Pros
Contests, Free trips, $500 referral fee, my manager
Cons
it's tough to hear rejection from people that you know need the products.
Fast Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTJune 8, 2016
My typical day at PFP consisted of assisting customers with any concerns they may have had with their life insurance policies.
Best Insurance career you will ever have.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 1, 2016
I used to work in traditional insurance and this is very different.
At PFP, I have a captured audience in the Credit Unions.
They also book my offsites at different companies. With this job I am able to sell. My job is to sell, not do admin. work or customer service.
Your co-workers become your family. We are all very close.
Did I mention, they have awesome trips that are not hard to obtain.
Pros
No Prospecting, A stable Salary, Culture
Cons
You have a set schedule every month.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTApril 15, 2016
This was a lovely place to work. Getting to help the members was always a rewarding experience and all the other employees were always happy to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PFP Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight