PFS Group Employee Reviews

Nice environment
Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2018
Is a great company to work for. Wish they offered overtime bonuses. I have been the company for 2 years. I have gained a lot of knowledge regarding medical billing.
pfs review
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2018
This is not a good company to work for. There is NO COMMUNICATION ! and too much nepotism. Management doesn't know what they are doing.And you are held accountable for their mistakes with the dialer.
the bonus is a joke!
Cons
not enough pay for the stress
Horrible
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2018
I was let go due to medical reason and when applied to come back recruiting gave me the run around. She stated that she would get back with me. I didn't understand because while working for the company I did not have a attendance problem never had a write up or anything. My supervisor loved me! She was the best
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
unprofessional
At times it could get stressful and micromanagement was the rule.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2018
There was nepotism and you could work hard and get completely overlooked or rewarded for your work. They held things against you when you were told it did not matter.
Pros
Free lunch and dinners around the holidays.
Cons
Not being recognized for a job well done. Too much favoritism.
PFS Group
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2017
I started with PFS in April of this year and had a excellent experience and enjoyed working with my fellow colleagues. It gave me an excellent understanding of medical billing.
Recommend It
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2017
The top management at PFS is really concerned about the culture they present to employees and their Hospital Clients.
The opportunity for advancement is excellent and you are provided with tools to succeed.
read reviews
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 30, 2017
read reviews first on any job before you jump into something Get the inside scoop and find out what it's really like from people who've actually worked there.
stressful work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
they always kept the cold air on so it would freezing all day. They monitor your bathroom breaks. they always talk about dress codes and they (manager) and or some employees never follow them. They pick and choose who they want to bother bout how you dress code.
N/a
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
I have no comment on their management style or their fairness of your work ethic. There was nepotism with family and friends working there. Unethical.
work environment
Medical Insurance Specialist and Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2017
PFS Group was like a fashion show daily no knowledge of business casual attire. Managers like to call you on the phone or send you an email about work. Meetings are useless due to the favorites work any shift they want and do more talking and eating than anything. They have games going on when you are on the phone trying to get claims information. Throwing candy at you if you answer correctly. Thought it was a summer job due to all the noise and pot lucks daily. Selling items from their homes and bring them to work in the break room.
Pros
only work 8 hours
Cons
insurance is expensive
Nothing good at this place
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 10, 2017
I really hate the fact that I decided to come to this place of business. Mangers are not happy with anything that you do, and the staff is not happy, but people do not see this
poor training/management, stifling evironment
Claims/Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 26, 2017
Most of the employees are very nice, but you soon see that there are Quiet Snitches all around you including installed cameras. The training was VERY POOR. The 3 day training was done remotely out of Houston, and most of the material had nothing to do with my job function. The person that I was assigned to on the floor for training was more interested in meeting her production than she was in training me. Health Benefits are very high, lots of employees don’t purchase it. Management is a joke. They have created an environment where the employees look like they are afraid to breath. It's a shame that when, I will call her “Ms Big Brother From Houston” lands in town, everyone feels they need to walk on egg shells. The entire atmosphere changes into a chill, from managers on down. All I can say to her is, "KARMA will take care of you", and all managers that allow this…… It’s time for management to make better changes.
Pros
non
Cons
training, horrible management, heavily micro-managed, stifling evironment
Stress place to work
Insurance Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 13, 2017
They were not who they said they were during my interviews. Not supportive nor committed to assisting employees to building nor improving their work performance. Unrealistic expectations and goals with no assistance or coaching to meet them.
Cons
Micro managed, little to no training, no coaching, poor management, stressful environment
Up to date on program software
Scott & White Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Assist members with their benefits, billing, charity or any changes that needed to be.

Members needed to be reminded of their benefits, especially in network providers or out of network providers.

Enjoyed assisting members with all their needs.
Pros
company outtings
N/a
Claims/Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 6, 2017
Your Able To learn different things about the claims process. This is valuable information to have and it will allow you to utilize this information If you stay in the medical field.
Production driven and fun
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 19, 2017
PFS is a new company to NC so that means a brand new office building, new cubicles with all new computers. Most of the employees are also fairly new, within the last six months but the group holds together and helps each other in the learning and growing process. Fun people to work with.
Pros
Great group of people to work with.
Cons
Production driven work that requires detailed investigation which takes time.
If you like call centers....
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2017
It's a call center. Job title is customer service rep but we are collector for hospital debts. We are required to make 250+ everyday, if not could hinder your bonuses, annual review and advancement. Not worth it
Great incentives
Outbound Senior Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at PFS. Although the job is fast-paced, the work environment is fun. I received several incentives throughout the years. The CEO is very generous and makes his employees feel appreciated.
Pros
Free lunches, great incentives
Cons
limited breaks
Micro-managed
Patient Account Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2017
Very slow-paced, micromanaged call center specializing in medical collections. Not much room for advancement or overtime. Low pay and high-priced benefits.
Just a job, not a career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2017
The management don't know what they are doing. I'm not talking about the St. Reps, it's the supervisors that can answer basic questions or won't take supervisor calls. They promote people basic on their personality not on how hard of a worker they are. Supervisor will go though your desk when your not there, ask you why you need off. They are nosy and will use everything against you. Even with them restructuring outbound, they are not fixing outbound. They are making it worst, and they are losing people everyday. There are other places in Houston that will pay you more for doing the same thing. Please make this place your last resort.
Pros
You have a job.
Cons
Bonus structure is non existent, and you won't get a raise over 0.50 unless your promoted.