PFSweb Employee Reviews

Beginners Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 5, 2018
If you are just out of school and are just looking for some extra money to put away for when you leave home this is a good place to work. It is also a good place to work for those that are willing to forget they have a life outside of work and do whatever the company asks.
Pros
Respect Religions
Cons
Do not like people that are not "YES" people.
Okay job
Claims Representative/email agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2018
I’m thankful to have a job, it’s just time I advance myself and go somewhere that I can truly grow and my work is accepted and acknowledged. Somewhere I can be comfortable and not scared to walk into
It’s ok to work there
Omni Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2018
It’s an ok place to work at just got to really make sure you’re on your Ps and Qs. Management could be better but I won’t complain too much. The training material is excellent to say the least
Small Corporate Big Ambitions
Analyst, ERP Implementations (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXMarch 21, 2018
PFSweb is a company who is a good company who has very large goals and ambitions in the E commerce industry. Very relaxed culture with very large global reach
Pros
Good culture
Cons
High stress, cyclical nanture
Terrible leadership. Everyone is a number unless you enter the "elite" club
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2018
I started working a PFS a decade ago so everything might have changed. PFS is a warehouse that has a number of clients that we would ship products for. One of our clients was a tech company named Riverbed. They sold big computer servers (the kind you have to put in a rack) so Riverbed has a person that figures out exactly what they what PFS to do.

When that person stopped calling our (pfs side) operations manager to get stuff done and started calling me directly to get stuff done he started to get jealous and upset. Also, the CFO of Riverbed came down to watch us work during a quarter end crunch time and subsequently sent out a company wide email specifically naming me as a big reason we hit our goals for that quarter. (stick with me here I'm not bragging)

When the opportunity came up to hire a supervisor, they skipped me in favor of on one their pals. That had happened multiple times where someone else was given a higher position despite my accomplishments and how dedicated I was. Another time I was told I won't be given a supervisor role because "You're not mean enough" I understand the need to be stern and not put up with any spoiled behavior. Just was never given the chance. This lead to me not caring about working hard for them the message they sent was "Work hard and long long hours so that when its time to promote we will keep you where you're at because you're too good"

PFS is a great place to go to work, get some money and get out. Don't look to move up the chain unless you you're willing to move up through kissing up only.
Pros
A few co-workers were awesome
Cons
mandatory 12 hour days, lazy uninspired management
Work From Home
Project Manager III (Current Employee) –  Chicago IllinoisMarch 12, 2018
The work from home aspects of PFSweb has benefits. However since the company has offices around the globe, the home based employees are isolated from the company atmosphere to a certain extent. Work from home requires a certain discipline and commitment to work extra hard on you communications skills and techniques.
Pros
Work from home, assignment variety
Cons
Communications are more complicated.
Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2018
We work with global brands to create uniquely personalized experiences. Blending value-added services with custom processes and innovative technologies, we deliver eCommerce solutions tailored to each client’s business.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 16, 2018
Fast pace,goal oriented purpose after production with customer service.... Hours were unbearable for pay given.multi task environment,warehouse association
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
A good place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 5, 2017
Days were long. I learned about how Legos and Starbuck get shipped out.. The management team was alright. The work culture was tolerable and steady. Hardest part of day was long hours.
Great co-workers, awful leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXDecember 3, 2017
If you are looking for a career where your input, expertise and hard work will be valued. If you desire to work where you can make a difference, realize your full potential and work your way towards your career goals. Look elsewhere.

If you seek passive aggressive leadership, meetings that should be emails to determine whether or not you need more meetings that should be emails, non-existent work/life balance, monstrous holiday and quarterly crunches, shifting targets, unclear goals and a complete lack of direction from the top down, then by all means, apply.

You will find that some of the best people you could ever hope to meet work at PFS. You will also find that they are not enough to balance out the rest of the package. Unless, of course, you like non-competitive salaries, terrible insurance options, a revolving door of co-workers and a general lack of direction over all.

The things that used to make this company great are long gone.

They are doing everything they can to try and ride the wave of past accomplishments as far as they will go but don't let that fool you. It's all smoke and mirrors. Their focus of "growth through acquisition" should also be seen as lack of vision and direction.
Pros
You might get to work from home once in a while
Cons
You might get to see home once in a while
I like it
Pick Packer (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSSeptember 6, 2017
Nice place to work but just need to go up on and pay for the cost of living people need morr money to live off. Itd a good places to work just dont pay alot
Not a good place to work
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 5, 2017
Pfsweb is not a good place to work due to low compensation and not enough breaks during long hours, and you don't get two 15 minute breaks in an 8 hour work period or a 12 hour work period.
productive and fun place to work
PICKER/PACKER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 3, 2017
Very organized, very friendly. very relaxing and pleasing place to work at. fast paced great atmosphere and so much to learn.The opportunity is given to pick, pack, and ship multi-orders from various clients.
Pros
decent co-workers
Cons
close to home
Good place to work but had it's downfalls
Bi-Lingual Customer Service / IT Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 28, 2017
Many times there was not much to do and they would give you puzzles or things to take your time. The enviroment didn't seem secure for work and some managers lacked professionalistm.
Logistic
Receptionist/Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 21, 2017
At one time the company was great to work for. The last 6 months a lot of changes has been made. Some they needed to rethink their decision. Raises should be done on or before anniversary day not 2 yrs later and they don't retro back. Stop investing in companies that's not producing profits. Promote within the company before going outside the company.
Pros
Have great company picnics
Cons
To many changes in management
fast paced environment
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 5, 2017
constant work
fast paced
new job everyday
new faces everyday
level of trust not where it should be with employees
level of communication isn't prompt like it should
Okay place to work if you require very little management involvement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2017
I believe if they put more effort in developing employees for the next level within the company they would have a higher retention of really great employees. I think management choose who they like and develop those employees. Overall I would not say this is a bad place to work but there is definite room for improvement.
Pros
Gratis(free products), Pto
Cons
Healthcare(taking away $1.00 from your hourly pay if you accept the insurance)
Slave house
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 27, 2017
Management skills suck they are very unorganized never had a set schedule a typical day will consist of coming in doing your job in your area and possible have to go work in another department umbalance culture mangers have their picks
Pros
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks when working 12+ hours, no set schedule, poor management skills, take forever to become a permeant worker, no discounts or bonuses
At your own risk
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 12, 2017
PFSweb was an ok company to work for in the beginning. I can't say the same about my last 2 years with them. You are just thrown into the fire pit. You are never given tools that are needed for new process.
Pros
You get plenty hours when they need you to get them
Cons
Management is not professional
Work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 9, 2017
Very experimrnt and enjoyed working well with others ...Very accurate and sucessful work long as directions is/ are being followed in a formaly manor order

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PFSweb. Our community is ready to answer.