PGA Tour Superstore Employee Reviews

Not a promising place to work
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 28, 2019
I was employed in Febuary of last year. Since that time I had worked roughly 4 days a week at the store. After hurricane Florence impacted our area, shortly before fall golf season i was not scheduled to work from sept-dec, I repeatedly went into the store and talked to managers about coming back to work, even filling out schedules with open availablity, and was ignored almost every time . Then in January I get a call from the assistant manager and she said “we are looking for people who want to have careers with us so we’re gonna have to separate” . Very unprofessional management and this was not the way to treat any employee. I was never once offered an option to become part time.I would not recommend anyone to work with this company
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management and treatment of employees
No advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 15, 2019
They really needed to take demographics into account. Not all stores in Illinois, Texas, Atlanta and Colorado are serving the SAME customers. No matter how much time/effort put in, there was no career path here.
Enjoyable Work Place
Golf Professional (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 10, 2019
The PGA Tour Superstore is a quality business, enjoying working with the Customers each day .... The company really cares about the employees and Always take care of EA h customer ....
Golf’s best retail environment
PGA Golf Professional-Instructor (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CADecember 16, 2018
Fun place to work! Employees are mostly golfers but those that aren’t seem to not “get” the golfing culture.

Hardest part of the job is walking the store all day.

Manager buys lunch at least weekly and awards performance with surprise bonus “gift cards”

Hard to listen to music all day long......
Pros
Consistent schedule
Cons
Music constantly playing all day!
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2018
I was a cashier at this store for about 9 months. Throughout the day, my main responsibility was to cash out customers and answer any customer questions. During the busier season, there wasn't much down time which I appreciated, however during the slow season it was quite boring. Overall, I enjoyed my time there. My managers and other coworkers were very welcoming, friendly, and understanding.
Customer helpful
Sales (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 8, 2018
Work with customers on making selections, stock shelves, cleaning area, computer input, and and answer any questions that may arise! Handling telephone reservations!
Pros
Work with customers
Goofd\\d working environment, good people
Golf Sales (Current Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 23, 2018
Good overall position with above average pay. Position is seasonal. People who work there are very knowledgeable and friendly. No time offered to get actually certified as a Club Fitter. Importance is on time management of store managers. Sometimes not enough help on the floor for amount of traffic.
Pros
always around golf
Cons
seasonal position.
Not what I expected...
Hard Goods Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 19, 2018
Not a fan of this company. I’ll be quitting when I get the chance. The management sucks, our store is majorly understaffed in my department and I haven’t received a raise in nearly a year of working here.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Everything else
Productive and fun place to learn.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 14, 2018
As General Manager over see all departments, open and close store, follow ups with department heads on price changes, merch. standards or any other corporate changes.
Learned daily retail environment.
Enjoyed mentoring staff and seeing them progress forward.
Happy and fun with professionalism.
Not having enough staff to fill customer needs, used much of time to fill in the vacant areas.
Meeting and associating with golfers of all levels.
Pros
AMB Group very fair ownership.
Cons
Only allowed certain amount of employee hours to operate store, customer service suffered!
An enjoyable work place with many opportunities to succeed.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 5, 2018
Working at the PGA Superstore provides a fun and collaborative workspace for the employees. Since my time at the PGA Superstore in Paramus, I have grown and learned more about retail than I ever have before. The team in Paramus is helpful and easy to work with.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good pay, Networking possibilities, Flexible hours
Cons
Long days, Stressful at times
Decent company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 23, 2018
There are a few in leadership that are more concerned with their job then helping others succeed. I was moved to Myrtle Beach for training where what I was trained on did not match what was expected of me once I got placed in a store, in fact I would hear all the time your not at the beach anymore so we dont do that here, so you have to ask the question why are there different standards for one location and not the same standard everywhere.
Fun environment and always open to creative ideas
Store Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 15, 2018
This job really depends on the job position you are being hired for. As long as you were willing to work hard and have a positive attitude about the work the job pretty much easy. There would be days that the staff seemed understaffed and if you had a rush of customers it would be difficult to maintain the floor and help customers with there decision making on items to purchase.
Pros
Health insurance, dental and vision, 401 k, time and a half, holiday pay
Cons
People willing to relocate were promoted
Fun but boring
Service Desk Associate / recieving (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 7, 2018
Fun place to work but it gets so slow that theres nothing to do. Summer makes that less of a problem but it still isn't busy really ever. Lots of busy work and chit chat with customers.
Pros
Good staff, good location
Cons
Boring
Reveiw
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLDecember 26, 2017
Dealing with customers, answering questions and smiling. we learn that the customers are always right and defusing customers who have disputes. Management always on there toes, smooth flow.
great culture staff always ready to assist. 65 thousand sq foot store inventory was long, We always got it done. Being around the staff was a great reward.
Pros
Product Information
Cons
inventory setup
Productive/fun workplace
Customer Service Supervisor-full time (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYNovember 21, 2017
Just like any job it has its ups and downs. The workplace culture was wonderful. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and learned a lot from this job..
Pga
Apparel/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXSeptember 24, 2017
The environment is great, the managers are amazing, they truly care about you here. You get paid well, you can decide your hours, and you can really grow from this company
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Productive workplace and a rewarding experience.
Sr Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 14, 2017
Great opportunity for young sales associated to start a sales career. Although my stay with the company was brief I would visit and recommend the company to my friends.
Regular job
eCommerce Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta North, GASeptember 13, 2017
Underpaid. Responsible for helping customers by providing product and service information and resolving customer issues.

Responsibilities:

Handle customer inquiries and complaints
Provide information about the products and services
Troubleshoot and resolve product issues and concerns
Document and update customer records based on interactions
Benefits
Cons
very accommodating to everyone's availability
Cashier/Apparel Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 28, 2017
My experience at PGA Tour Superstore has been great. I started at cashier, and have advanced to p/t apparel associate to full time. They are doing their best to provide me with enough hours.
Pros
Accommodate personal schedules
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours
Great environment with steady work
Club Repair/ Building Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 16, 2017
Walking in to the store and greeting managers. Make way to clock in on a convenient system that is easy to use. Proceed to club repair shop and assess what work load for day is. Execute all projects according to customer's/manufacturer's specifications. Maintain clean shop and execute closing duties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PGA Tour Superstore. Our community is ready to answer.