PGA TOUR Employee Reviews

No room for advancement; very frustrating. Not very good pay either.
Corporate Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FLNovember 12, 2018
I'm frustrated because I increased sales over a three year period thorugh my dedicatoin and hard work by 400% and there was no significant raise or promotion after all that time.
Pros
People, Benefits
Cons
No growth; poor pay
Casual and Relaxed Workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 17, 2018
I loved working for the PGA Tour before the management changed! The members are usually awesome, sociable, and great tippers! The coworkers get along well and it is definitely a "team," but management has changed quite a bit since I left.
Pros
Free Lunch provided daily
Best place I’ve ever worked!
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 15, 2018
As a paralegal it was a wonderful environment for me to grow and excel without the stress of daily billing as it was the private sector.

I worked for the CEO of the golf course properties division and it was definitely exciting to see the fruition of a golf course on paper come to life!
Benefits
Cons
Productive and interaction with community leaders
Tournaments & Events Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicagoland and Minnetonka MN,November 24, 2018
In all it was a good company to work for the only opportunities were, that there needed to be more of a support system in place for the marketing team.
Pros
Community outreach
Cons
Support system wasn't there like it should be.
Amazing
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FLOctober 22, 2018
If I did not have to relocate, I would still be working with this professional and driven organization. Each day was rewarding and made you want to come to work.
Productive and fun place to work
Employee Benefits Manager (Current Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FLDecember 8, 2018
PGA Tour is a great employer. The people are focused, yet friendly. There are several perks offered such as discounts on golf gear, tickets to Players, and so much more.
Laid Back with great golf benefits
Jr. Golf Programs Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2017
Typical day requires being logged into the call answering system. Upselling golf camps, vacations, and junior golf camp trips for the TPC network across the US. I learned how to drive sales through warm leads. The management was not helpful in driving results. The pay was well below the average and commissions are almost non-existent. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people we work with.
Pros
golf benefits, people, build sales skills
Cons
pay, management, weekend hours.
Great Place to Work
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra, FLNovember 22, 2017
Great people and atmosphere, excellent employee benefits and perks. Working with the PGA TOUR provides an ideal scope of the golf industry and continuous growth within the sport.
Inconsistent
Server (Former Employee) –  Sawgrass, FLMay 14, 2018
I worked at TPC Sawgrass and I loved the people that came in, as well as the coworkers. Everyone seemed to get along just fine. However, the management there had to be the absolute worst I have ever came in contact with. The money is great, the management just can't seem to get it together. I would recommend it for the money, and the money only.
Pros
Family Meals, Good Money
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of Communication throughout
PGA Tour
Director of Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 13, 2013
Private Club with full membership. Good hours and salary. Management changed several times while there which caused expectations to change on a regular basis. Catering was my favorite part of the job. Hardest part was the continuous change all the time of management. Co workers were great and Corporate Office very supportive.
Pros
catering events, traveling to tournaments to work, staff
Cons
management changes too often

Want to know more about PGA TOUR?

Ask a question
Great experience overall
Server (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra, FLJuly 5, 2018
Working as a server at TPC Sawgrass was an excellent experience. The individuals that work there truly are a family. The managers are amazing people who try their hardest to work with you on scheduling.
Not a great place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 17, 2018
I never received my check for the 1 day that i worked. They got a free wirk day out of me. I never got my check in the mail. They are scammers. They got a day of free work out of me. I Will be reporting them to the law and better business buerea.
Exciting and fun
Golf Instructor (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJuly 16, 2018
Exciting and fun work environment for the golf lover. Hard work, hot work conditions, long days, but worth every minute of it. Must love people of all types!
Good and stable company
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra, FLMay 14, 2017
Medium sized, good and stable company with good benefits. Approach is more conservative than lead the pack. You have to bide your time to learn new things at work.
Part time position, introducing players to a product called Qlink
Tour Representative (Current Employee) –  NationwideJanuary 16, 2014
Very part time business helping PGA TOUR players learn the benefits of Q Link technology

I helped compile success stories of PGA TOUR players with Q Link technology in order to assist in creating an infomercial
Pros
Met lots of great people, met many great athletes
Cons
Low pay
interned
Sales and Operations Intern (Unpaid) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2018
from what I saw from interning with the PGA is amazing. I saw great challenging projects, lots of great people, golf, personal relationships being made.
Pros
everything
Cons
non
typical day of caddying
PROFESSIONAL CADDIE (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 31, 2017
hours include anywhere from 330 in the morning to 5-9 at nite. Some days might be less. the day consisted of preparing the players clubs along with course set up and measurements. other duties include providing assistance to the player with advice. hardest part of the job are the long hours that require walking up to 10 miles during the course of the day. work place environment is great. learned better attention to detail and time management.
Pros
highest level of sport
Cons
lots of travel away from family
Exciting Work Environment
Professional Golfer (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Working and Coaching and Training Professional Golfers is an Extremely Rewarding and Exciting Lifestyle.
It is Extremely difficult working 15-18 hours everyday of the week and traveling all over the country.
Pros
Very Good Money.
Cons
Long Hours
Best team I've ever worked with
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2016
Wish I wasn't moving to another state. You won't find a better team that helps harness and develop your skills. Everyone is passionate about their job and it shows. Don't miss this opportunity!
Pros
great team, great work environment, great benefits
Resident Club Fitter (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FLJanuary 7, 2017
Loved it there, great work atmosphere and treated the workers like people not a number. The best organized place I have ever worked and great benefits.
Pros
Free lunch and great work atmosphere
Cons
long walk into to clock in sometimes