PGi Employee Reviews

It’s a job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAApril 23, 2019
Swing shift is horrible if you don’t like working nights. Long hours. Managers don’t help just sit in the office. Lots of drama between workers. Lots of down time.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Swing shift
Wrapper operator of material (Former Employee) –  Benson, NCMarch 25, 2019
There was some favorite ism. Lots of overtime. Benefits were good n pay. Didn't shut down much at all for Hoildays. Had 4 12 hr.shifts ( A B C D. DONE!!!
Pros
Would give us free coats n food catered quite often.
Cons
Work area was hot or cold depending on the season
Was great while it lasted
Senior Conference Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 19, 2018
Loved working for PGi for the most part, some days were better than others, but I'm sure that's every job. The place was laid back, Most of where we sat had all windows, and we were in an area that was just being developed so, for the most part, we had nice views. In 2013 or so, we bought ACT another conferencing company, then for some reason, we started running our calls their way! We had to train everyone to run these calls, it was a long laborious process. Then, in turn, was bought out by a private equity firm in 2015 and went private, that's when the issues started, within about a month a couple of people were let go. Things went downhill slowly after that. In May 2018 we were let go with absolutely no clue or hint. We were told to clear out our desks and leave ASAP. A few people got to stay with the company but got to work from home. some of them you can understand why, but some of them I think it was a popularity contest. All in all was a great place to work until it wasn't. Got paid very well for the work. Very laid back. Got to read, be on the internet during downtime or you were on a call. I loved the work, I probably would've been there for life.
Pros
free lunches during IR season, work life balance, got to eat at desk
Cons
being laid off
Greate people
Software Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAOctober 17, 2018
Not a real engineering company. During my time there my department lacked organization and good management.

Positive great location and great people to work with
Pros
Great location
Cons
Bad Management
Great Company
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA 30009September 20, 2018
Great Company Great environment Great People Flexible schedule, pay vacation gym free drinks, work from home great team building meetings great managers
Good job for 18 plus years
Conference support specialist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 5, 2018
I worked there for eighteen and half years because it was a good place to work and I was surrounded by wonderful people. IF the office I worked at had not closed I would still be there.
Great co-workers, terrible upper management
CONFERENCE SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 15, 2018
I was at PGi for two years before they shut the entire office down.

I really enjoyed the people that I worked with, it was rare to be at a job where all 30+ employees on the floor got along with each other. My management was fine, and I got along great with most of them - but it was the upper management that was incredibly frustrating. Telling us one thing, but it was really something else.

Job wasn't terribly difficult either and there were some days where you'd go 8 hours without doing anything.

Pay was an issue, some people who did absolutely no extra work got paid the same as someone who was doing multiple jobs.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
No lunch break, upper management
Typical Day
Assistant Manager, Quality Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 24, 2018
The days are busy in customer care. A lot of changes and added call load. Sometimes hard to focus on your own role and job when so many other responsibilities are thrown your wat.
Pros
The people
PGi - Great place to work
Performance Excellence Director (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 3, 2018
PGi is a great company with a products for attended conferencing and UCaaS as a service. The company culture is fun and rewarding for employees and managers.
Company was bought out
Cnc Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2018
Was a nice company before it was bought out. I started at the company as a Barstock Leadman, 3 months after, a class came to the company to get CNC certified. I signed up for the class, passed all levels an started machining.
No lunch break
Conference Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 10, 2018
Busy work days, we do not have lunch breaks. Breaks can be pushed back until the end of your shift and it will be on 30 minutes break for a 8 hour shift. Shorts staffed which caused breaks to be late
Culture has declined drastically
Content Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2018
Cuts are made on a monthly basis, the people used to be awesome and now everyone has gone into shell form. PGI has lost several studs as a result. Unfortunate.
Teamwork and Same Vision
Temporary Jobs, Hong Kong and Macau (Former Employee) –  LondonFebruary 28, 2018
Communication is the key to a success company. Workers are very professional and friendly to each other. They are very open minded and have a transparent management style.
Pros
so much to learn
Cons
they don't have a office in Macau
Fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TN 37072February 9, 2018
Fun place to work. I dont really know what else to say about the company. It was a really long time ago when i worked there. So i just cant think of anything else at the moment.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Cleaner
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 7, 2018
This is a great company to work for and had great benefits. I learned lots of valuable information and would recommend for anyone this job. I think this place gave lots of opportunities for advancement.
No streamlined processes
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 7, 2018
Unfortunately, PGi has been owned by Siris for the past 2 years. We have moved buildings, renovated floors, and keep cutting people to save money. Although the customer service is still quite adequate, we are consistently lacking with pricing and the actual technology, to keep up with the big game players like GoToMeeting. There are no streamlined processes, and sales/tech support/customer care/billing are constantly pushing around customers with the mentality, "Not my problem, someone else will fix it."
Pros
Wonderful, fun-loving people to work with.
Cons
Accountability. No defined job description and late quota dates.
Corporate ground-level employment 101
CourtCall Liaison, Conference Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 21, 2018
Having recently left the company, I would refelct on it as a typical corporate call center, for better or worse. Robust benefits offered, decent pay. Lackluster leadership across the whole, a product of the workplace culture changing and evolving. When I started, the workplace culture was incredibly tight knit, after many changes in the upper echelons of the company, the base workforce has quickly disintegrated into discontent and terminations.

The company does boast several long-term employees, though turnover has become much higher. Breaks and scheduling were an issue for many, but there were also incentives for working overtime.

Corporate structure and the hierarchy of leadership is firm, and there are few advancement opportunities since PGi employs a moderate amount of employees for its global operations.

The rotation in mid-level leaders, and increasing performance expectations definitely had and has a continuing effect on morale, and the moderate changes after an acquisition process only exacerbated those issues.

Still, I would recommend this place for those seeking employment. They offer great benefits, and there are mostly shifts that don't require late nights or weekends. The starting pay is decent, but decent raises for the amount of skills and responsibility that is expected for an employee to take on is laughable, and there are virtually no positions to advance to.

In my assessment of corporate structures like this one is that there will always be those who align closely with a company, and are able to stay there for a decade or more, but for
  more... most this is a decently paying job that they'll be semi-comfortable at for a few years before moving on to other opportunities for an actual career.  less
Pros
open internet, benefits, starting pay, Pto
Cons
stressful work environment, few and short breaks, silent expectation for overtime, no advancement opportunities, low raises
Great people, but no future here
Not provided (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2018
Since being acquired by Siris Group, there have been regular layoffs and budget cuts. There doesn't seem to be room for advancement or much of a career future.
Good culture
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 11, 2018
Several lay offs each year. Management heavy. Worked remote but when I visited the office, they seemed to have a great environment and had a lot of fun.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Frequent Lay offs
Best company I ever worked for!
Reservation Agent/Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80919December 13, 2017
The greatest thing about PGi is the people! The culture is supportive, and the atmosphere is warm and polite. Management and team members support each other, and work to help each other succeed. There are plenty of perks to the job, and PGi is a strong supporter of our community charities. A wonderful place to work!
Pros
Teamwork, excellent training, and communications - and frequent catered lunches!
Cons
I don't work there anymore!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PGi. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight