PGT Trucking, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
na
DIESEL TECHNICIAN N TRAILER REPAIR (Former Employee) –  12491 mines rdJuly 11, 2018
good working environment but new management is not qualified for position, keep doing his job by the knowledge of other employees, also managers work as a mafia little group against employees.
July 16, 2018

Hello, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Our drivers are our top priority and all feedback is valued. Please call to discuss any issues you encountered- 724-987-1639- Julian

May be stressful but it’s Trucking
Vesuvius Fleet Driver (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 9, 2018
I am back at PGT for the 3rd time. I quit twice and regretted it both times. Tried to find work and nothing even came close to PGT. Hands down the best job I’ve ever had and plan on retiring with PGT.
Pros
Great pay, Great home time, Family matters
Communication
Fleet Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 7, 2018
Great company to work for. Was very welcoming to new employees. Held classes and seminars to further employee knowledge Economy got tight and it seems they tightened up on profitable employees when they possibly could have taken other steps to save jobs.
Pros
oyess
Cons
Profitable employees let go although management continued to spend profits.
July 10, 2018

Great starter job but my management sucked
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAMay 8, 2018
My time at PGT was great until I started getting shorted on my pay. Was lied to on detention pay too. No breakdown pay,lied on that too. My management sucked. Wouldn't take care of me when I asked. Wouldn't take care of their drivers.
Pros
Kept busy
Cons
Management, shortage of pay
May 11, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Our drivers are our top priority and all feedback is valued. Please call to discuss the issues you encountered- 724-987-1639- Julian

Family oriented
Compliance/Permit Auditor (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAApril 25, 2018
Great place to work. Good benefits and staff. PGT was a great place to be employed. I loved the working in the fast paced environment.
cross training so that we as team members would be able to jump right in and perform other positions within our Dept. when needed. We all worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the ever changing DOT regulations.
Fast paced
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAApril 15, 2018
PGT is a very fast paced work place and advancement is very much possible if you apply yourself and have a good work ethic. Pay was good. A con is that the industry is 24/7.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Stressful
Great Place to Work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAJanuary 12, 2018
There is a great support system here, if you want to advance and you work hard the skies the limit. Management welcomes feedback and they have a willingness to help and change if they see anything going wrong.
pgt was good people and decent equipment
flat bed truck driver (Former Employee) –  Claysburg, PAJanuary 8, 2018
i wouldn't drive for percentage again the rates get to low when its slow , i left to try to get a better job and to be home more 3 weeks on the road and having to beg to go home is to much
Pros
good trucks freindly bosses
Cons
to much time on the road, the longer you are there the lower the pay gets
Great Small Trucking Company
Professional Driver - Flatbed Division (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PADecember 31, 2017
This company is ran by a CEO that appreciates his drivers. I have had a lot of great experiences and support with PGT. I would say that there is room for improvement on the side of the fleet management and communications. While its assumed that there are a lot of drivers assigned to each FM, I would like to see more communication from them with the drivers. Being out on the road by yourself can feel very isolated and you start to feel out of the loop.
Pros
Decent pay, they know your name and support teams are their to help
Cons
Away from family, sporadic pay based on loads, lonely life on road
PGT = Family
Auditor (Current Employee) –  CorporateNovember 29, 2017
PGT makes you feel very welcome from the get go. Everyone is super helpful, and they build people up to succeed. The whole company's main goal is the drivers, and of course there are struggles in the industry, but we try every day to keep our drivers safe and happy, and the employees behind the scenes safe and happy as well. We all play different roles but working together is easy. PGT is a great place for drivers and office personnel to work if they enjoy a fast paced, every growing field with many opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits, room for growth

Want to know more about PGT Trucking, Inc?

Ask a question
Poor safety
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PANovember 20, 2017
Extreme safety trouble if you feel your being pushed or ran wrong don't bring to safety you become the bad guy believe me they will turn it all on you
Pros
Cons
poor equipment poor saftey poor management
To much free work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2017
To much free work. I was out of Houston terminal. Terrible management. Lied about regional. Lied about home on weekend. Lied about wait time pay. Bad scheduling no wait time pay. Slow.trucks. lots of dead head. Oklahoma terminal showed favoritism. The recruiter Oklahoma kaycie was nice. Laredo yard is bad to. If you live on Texas or Oklahoma go to oil field instead
Pros
See the eastern and southern usa
Cons
Pay
Very poor management outside of training
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 30, 2017
As a whole, this is a good starter company for new trainees or if you are trying to get your feet wet in the trucking industry. Other than that, they will not pay you for what you are worth. The training staff at headquarters are awesome and did an incredible job. Besides that,,I had the worst managment team in the world and they needed to all be fired. There is some favoritism with the loads and seniority among the drivers. Well guess what, at the end of the day, people have families and bills to pay. Good starter company, or excellent company to work for if you are ok with being gone all the time and have no life.
Will see
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Blairsville, PASeptember 7, 2017
Can't really review yet. Still in training. For the most part the trainers are cool. A few need to learn tolerance towards new drivers, and learn how to speak in a way that's not condescending.
Steady but bad
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 23, 2017
This has been a roller coaster for the last two years or so with them taking money out of drivers pockets.On top of not being home pay has gone down.Management could care less.I would not recommend coming here.
Pros
Equipment
Cons
Pay
Transportation Industry
Management (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAAugust 21, 2017
#1 Flatbed company in Beaver County, with over 25 + terminals in other states, works best making sure the drivers are happy and get home as needed. Change is always happening and that makes the turn over rate high. Great company, just need to make better decisions on how they uproot employees that are knowledgeable and show he or she is an asset to the company whatever position they are put in.
Pros
growing company
Cons
longevity doesn't matter
Absolutely love Pgt Trucking.
Regional heavy haul truck driver (Current Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 9, 2017
Love working for Pgt trucking and if there was a way I could be home everyday with them I wouldn't be looking for a local job. All-around great company with great people if you don't mind being gone through the week I highly recommend Pgt.
Pros
Pay, equipment, benefits and employees.
Cons
None. I'm just looking to be home everyday.
conestoga van delivering to steel mills
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 7, 2017
dirty job in and out of steel mills delivering products for the production of steel.hauled high temp mortar, low grade radiation management good people work with you.guys working there been a team.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
eastern steel mills
not a good place
Sales Assistant Freight Brokerage (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 15, 2017
Everyone hates their life at this place. People are downright nasty to each other. Your typical day is basically just yelling at people trying to get their attention
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Fast Paced and Challenging work environment
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 9, 2017
Enjoyed my tenure at PGT. Areas of responsibility included operations, sales and terminal development. P & L responsibility, brokerage and staff development were some key areas of focus at PGT. Culture was one of constant challenges and diversified goals changed in a daily basis. Overall accountability for the entire southeastern region performance.
Pros
Challenging, Freedom to work unsupervised
Cons
Little feedback on job performance