Phamatech

Phamatech Employee Reviews in San Diego, CA

San Diego, CA19 reviews

companymanagementworkjobgoodexperiencepayplace

Good place to start your career

The people are good and friendly. The CEO (also the owner) of the company is in direct contact with employees and he is a very understanding man. He would do whatever it takes to help you. Overall, there is not much stress at work. However, the compensation is not good, there are some inconsistencies in management and arrangement. Most importantly, if you want to upgrade and move up in your career, learning new stuff, then you parked your car in the wrong place.

Pros

friendly and not-stressful work environment

Cons

low compensation, lack of challenge

The star says it all

It’s just like poor family business. They are giving their family members an obvious bias. You are gonna be surrounded by either the owner’s/management family members. Most of them don’t have adequate knowledge for their position. Wages, promotion and benefits are poor, if not saying not at all. They will tell you in the beginning that it’s just a starting wage. However, the only way that you can get a raise is finding another job. If you are just aiming for gaining experience, you’re also at the wrong place. There was no training at all for me during the time I was there. So, just don’t waste your time here!

Phamatech insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

The worst - Stay away

I would like to give them minus star if I could. This is the worst company I ever know in my entire life so far. The board of know-nothing management is always trying to make you feel like you are just like them. No encouragement or supporting in any forms. They will initially give you the wage and benefits as low as they can, just hit the minimum legal requirements, along with a vivid promise in the future. But their “future” never comes. The best thing they’re non-stop trying to do everyday is convincing you that you’re NOT good enough and the minimum they are giving you is good enough. You’re a fresh man and trying to gain experience? Forget about it! There will be no training at all. You have to figure everything out by yourself, and when you make a mistake, they will blame it all on you and tell everyone about it.Your coworkers will keep an eyes on you all the time, trying to dig into you and waiting for you to make a mistake so they can have something fun to gossip. If you don’t make a mistake, no worries, they will make stories up for you. The stories that you never ever know about yourself. They think that they possess you and they will ask you to do whatever fields they’re short on people. If you say No, they will write you up. STAY A WAY AS FAR AS YOU CAN from this company. This is the worst and you will get something better just by not stepping into it and pick any other companies.

Clean up the management

Made promises to give everyone raises but that didn't happen. The supervisors there don't care about their employees, you're just there to be robots and stress out from there non sense yelling. The CEO of the company needs to look at these reviews and clean up their management

Pros

Most of the employees are cool

Cons

supervisors

Get the experience, put it in your resume, LEAVE

Exactly what the title says. It’s all this company is good for. The tasks and jobs you do will look professional and excellent in any resume. But this company is far from professional. Extremely disorganized.

Not a good place to work at

Terrible HR. No one knows what the heck is going on half the time and it’s a lot of work for specimen processors. There’s only 2 no training just a handbook.

Cons

I had a great and rewarding time working at Phamatech Inc.

Good company to work for with opportunity for growth and development in specific fields. The people and the environment were great to work with. What I like: flexible, bonus, freedom, respect, autonomy, rewards, and perks.

Pros

Family atmosphere, amazing people.

Cons

pay is average

Poor, judgemental management

Poor management and lacl of supervision and rude co workers. Youre not allowed to ask questions and the boss comes off as prejudice. And the presidnet and my supercisor always argued and wasted time.

Lab technician

Good people that work there as far as co workers go they help each other alot. Management and HR don't seem to communicate and hire people when they don't have enough work to keep them busy and end up having to lay them off within a week or two and then continue to rehire people and repeat the process

Pros

Good hours, good coworkers

Cons

Low pay, confused management and HR employees

Good laboratory

The hardest part of the job was my supervisor the Director Marketing who is no longer there, however I left because of him. The lab is good. The director of the lab is an exceptional person and worked hard to help me and my clients.

Great place to work and build experience!

I love my job, it is fun up beat and provides room to grow career based experiences. I have learned so much of my potential and believe this is a great entry level position for various types of jobs.

Vp

was harassing other employee and and rushing employee to move faster. Over all The Management was an OKAY experience, but it was bad management and lack of leadership

Productive lab

Great place to work, especially if you're a recent graduate who's looking to gain experience. Most employees are friendly and welcoming. Fun place to work. There are days with slow production but also days with high production.

Pros

Holiday parties, casual atmosphere

Cons

non competitive wages

Productive and Fast pace environment.

Work is typically busy, and have a independent work. I learned how to managed more than one machine, type fast, work in a fast pace environment, and accession batches or urine and test urine batches. Also, learned how to deal with computers and paper works. Management in Phamatech, is not as good as how I expected. They are very flexible with work hours, but not so good on training. Work culture is pretty normal, different ethnicity and a lot of friendly people and team members. The hardest part of my job would be not having help when needed. the most enjoyable work i had in Phamatech would be having to meet and work with different people, and being able to learn different jobs from the laboratory.

Pros

Flexible hours.

Cons

Salary.

no growth

there is no growth in this company, and no increase in your pay even if you have been there for years. even upper management people have left because there is no increase in pay.

Pros

very flexible

Cons

no growth, no increase in pay

Good place for easy work and to build experience

I worked part-time at Phamatech for about 10 months (January 2017-October 2017). Most days weren't too difficult, some days were pretty rough however. Low pay (since most positions are pretty much entry-level) and not much room for advancement. Most of the people in manager positions seem grandfathered in no matter what. Most co-workers are nice, some aren't and there is an obvious group that takes advantage of their relationships and gets more OT hours because of that, etc. I'd say there's a pretty poor work culture, 30% of the people doing 60% of the work. I gave it a good rating since the requirements for the job were low and they hired me when I desperately needed work and experience but it soured me on work in general.

Pros

Can be lax, will consider hiring mostly anyone, most upper management people are nice

Cons

Favoritism from some managers and very limited growth opportunity

Good place for gaining experience

Phamatech, Inc. is a good place to get your feet wet in the laboratory field. The company throws you right in and lets you learn at your own pace. No pressure from management as long as you abide by the rules and wear proper PPE. Coworkers make the work more enjoyable but the lack of opportunity for advancement leaves much to be desired for someone that is looking for long term employment. The poor benefits and compensation results in a high turn over rate.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

expensive healthcare and no chances of salary increases

Good Company

But overall no raises and not a very diverse company. I have been with the company almost 3 years and no reviews and no raises, there are people whom have been here a lot longer that has never gotten a raise.

Fast-paced and congenial enviornment

I start my day answering the phones, assist callers with requests. If I can't help them, I either take a message, transfer them to the right person or take their phone number and have the appropriate party call them back. I do all the daily scheduling with UPS for over 100 clients that are on regular pick-ups. I research discrepancies and solve them. I created purchase orders and brought them to shipping. I faxed forms and other requests to customers. I calmed customers when they were upset or angry. I established and maintained relationships with clients/customers. I worked well with most co-workers.Management was weak in that they did not understand the importance of meetings and how to reprimand workers for abusive behavior or other types of negative work ethics.The hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy every customer no matter who's fault because of circumstances beyond my control.The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and satisfying their requests. Also, the interactions with other departments.

Pros

no micro managing, leave when necessary without consequences

Cons

no pay raises, benefits, or advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phamatech. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits