Pharma-Bio Serv, Inc. Employee Reviews

Nice, organized and neat place to work.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dorado Municipio, PRMarch 11, 2019
I have enjoyed working with the company for almost 2 years, but, I would like to be permanent employee. It's been a good experience, and I enjoy working with the public.
Pros
Company pays half of the cost for lunches.
Cons
Most positions are by contracts.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Sr. Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Baxter jayuyaOctober 10, 2018
Diligentes, buena comunicacion, compensaciones al dia seguimiento excelente
Productive and Structured
Part Time Assistant Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dorado, PRJuly 23, 2018
Very organized company dedicated to achieving clientele wishes and expectations while maintaining a friendly yet professional environment. I worked in the recruiting department and always felt proud of the work I did every day.
Great place to get work experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dorado Municipio, PRMay 27, 2018
Very Professional
Employees willing to help each other
They train you whenever you need to know a programming language that you don't know and is required for a new project.
Mostly work directly with Clients
Senior CSV Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Piedras Municipio, PRJanuary 23, 2018
As a Professional Service provider most of the time is spent working with clients. The company represented pays well and on-time
There are no benefits except hours worked.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No benefits
QA Scientist for Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (Former Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PRDecember 1, 2017
I leave this position due to involuntary reason. I was involved in a car accident. And I was on sick leave during many months in the hospital and in my house. I was ready to return to any available position related to my experience and my academic background.
Buen ambiente de trabajo, accesible, buena comunicación
Asistente de oficina (Former Employee) –  Dorado, PRFebruary 11, 2017
Empresa con igualdad de oportunidad de empleo. Buen ambiente de trabajo, buena comunicación. Flexibilidad de horario.
Pros
Flexibilidad en el horario. Buena comunicación. Buen ambiente
First Class Employer
Senior Validation Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJanuary 16, 2017
First Class Employer. My experience was positive I would work again for them.They we assertive in the way they promoted their services and their employees.
Excellent place to work
SR. TECHNICAL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dorado, PR 00646October 20, 2016
Gratifying work place dedicated to provide consulting services, validation and lab services to companies such as the pharmaceutical industry. Great values, great people to work with.
Metrology laboratory assistence
Metrology Technician (Current Employee) –  Dorado, PRAugust 23, 2016
●Support in the Metrology Department at Zimmer Biomet.
●Calibration of dimension instruments and the interpretation on the engineering drawings.
Nice to work people
C&Q project lead (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PROctober 29, 2015
Really nice team to work. Fun and kind people. Up to date in training and compliance. Opportunity for career development.
View resume
Consultant (Former Employee) –  PanamaAugust 23, 2015
Good Company.
Nice experience.
I was working in Panama site with many benefics.

A typical day at work is a very interesting.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJuly 29, 2015
Good learning opportunities, flexible, willing to help, on the job training, good benefits, overall its a good company. Care about personnel
Cons
Very challenging job with exposure to new technology.
Sr. Validation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAJuly 9, 2015
The day starts with a coordination meeting with the project technical core team. After challenges and priorities are stablished the work is perfromed. The works requires investigation to answer questions to uncertainties. The work is with a highly technical group with significant experience in their fields. It is a very interestin job where I am constantly learning about the new technology. I need to investigate about the regulations that apply to the technology including compliance of the materials used for the equipment under development. Priorities are constantly changing and that makes the job interesting. Ther is not time to get bore about it and it is fun.
Pros
Expossure to new technology. Constant learning experience.
Great workplace with challenging projects!
Sr. Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  PRApril 30, 2014
As a Sr. Technical Consultant, I provided validation and compliance services for a pharmaceutical company. Among my job duties was the followup on project objectives for the product transfer, validation and FDA approval of new pharmaceutical products. I acted as co-leader for designated products and in charge of assignment and execution of tasks related to document preparation, execution, data collection and improvement evaluation for the manufacturing process, packaging process and equipment cleaning. Our project success came mainly due to the teamwork of my co-workers who knew what each had to do, and this could change every day, in order to get the job done. Some tasks could became challenging due to occasional rotating shifts (due to 24/7 manufacturing facility) but the most enjoyable part was the successful completion and FDA approval of a new product.
Fun Workplace
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Cayey, Puerto RicoJanuary 13, 2014
Here you feel like you have a family. It's a great place. They treat you very nice, and the are always making everything possible so you can grow as a person and as a professional.
The worst employer
QC Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  PRJanuary 6, 2014
At the interview they make you feel they are the ideal job opportunity. They said they were a growing lab and you have the opportunity to grow with it. Coming from temporary agency it was important to me that they offered a regular position after 3-month probation. Once you're hired you realized they weren't truthful about a lot of things. At the end of the 3-month period I couldn't wait to get out of there.

When I first got the job it was weird for me the other 2 employees have been working there for 6 and 10 months, respectively. One was still temporary employee, the other was out of contract but still working. None of them were offered a permanent position yet.

I worked in the Microbiology Laboratory (Scieza Lab). They expect you to work all areas, learn fast, work extra hours but not paying accordingly. You only get paid 40 hours weekly at $12/hr. They pay as if you were exempt although they pay by the hour. They even expect you to drive your own car to assignments outside the lab without paying any kind of benefit or insurance. And I mean as far as Fajardo from Dorado. Management act as if they own you, your time and your belongings. You have to give all of you but they're not willing to match your work and extra efforts. I even have my reservations about them following state labor laws.

Maybe that's why they always have new employees.

The only positive feedback I can write is, due to the amount of work, I got to learn new analysis and techniques I haven't experience in any previous job. But it was only 3 months, so it has no weight in the resume.
Good place to work as long as there are a lot of projects
Sr. Validation and Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  PRFebruary 5, 2013
Consulting company that became very unstable since the Managers were not able to find projects and defend their resources.

Money talked so wherever that was they were careless about the resources they had even when they were full time employees with the company.