Pharmacyclics, an AbbVie Company Employee Reviews

Exciting, Fast Moving Biotech company
Head of Commercial Development (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 17, 2018
Strong management team comprised of functional exterpert/ leaders who can do as well as manage. Leaders take ownership of projects and regularly review progress with broader teams.
Very Toxic culture
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 18, 2018
Culture of fear. Lack of leadership, lack of talnet, all in all a horrible place to be at. Please avoid at all costs and run. Don't even think about it!
Not a good place to work long term.
BA and Data Analy (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 7, 2018
Can learn a lot as a start-up company culture.

But the vision is not clear. If you are going against the stream to make better something, you will be in problem.
The company has good product in the market. But the people has to be also be forward thinking.

People do not want to listen if you are not a big shot, for any improvement or change that is good for the company.

You cannot work in a company where the people will say whatever they think is right. This happens because the processes are not standardized.
Great Place to Collaborate
IT Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 18, 2018
Great place to be treated as a respected collaborator. Nice accommodations and perks. The company is growing and more jobs are available. Good perks.
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
Still working on reigning in their spend.
Typical work day
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 12, 2017
I have nothing to say at this time. I'm just a contractor. I focus on the tasks that are assigned to me, my goal is to meet my deadlines. I work well with the team.
Disorganized Training
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 18, 2017
Horrible training and trainers. Impatient. Made fun of in a foreign language. Management from top to bottom needs to invest time in properly training new staff. Have patience. There's a reason for new openings, because of high turnover rates due to disorganized schedules and workers. Treat contract workers as first class citizens. Not second class people. Include them in meetings and luncheon celebrations.
Pros
Free gym/shower/Friday breakfast
Cons
Hard for promotions.
Company was great before the acquisition
Sr. Paralegal, Intellectual Property (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 22, 2017
Company was great before the acquisition. After the acquisition, the majority of our legal team was laid off. It was a great company and I'm sure it will do well under Abbvie.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No work life balance
Changes all the time
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 25, 2017
we were great until we got to 300 employees, us admins all worked great together when there was 5 of us. After that the new associates where out for their own.
Pros
n/a
Cons
workplace culture
Great Company to Work for
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 21, 2017
I'm a IT intern in Pharmacyclics. The tasks are easy and they are willing to teach you from the ground up. Coworkers are nice and they have their own cafeteria!
Great Product
Manager, Collaboration and Vendor Management (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 9, 2017
Company has a great product. Communication standards needs a little work.

I am able to have work life balance an flexibility with my schedule.

A lot of projects and great place to build your resume.

I work with a lot of good people.
Boring and tiring environment
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 10, 2017
company uses people and tosses them out and because of that there are constant job opening announcements. for one job there are 3 managers and everyone has different opinion.
Pros
free breakfast on Friday
Cons
Management is poor.
Interesting place with very few good people
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Busy with a lot to do and managements needs some training on communications skills on speaking to all levels with people. Overall as long as work is done your ok.
Pros
Great cafe for employees at a good rate.
Cons
Healthcare is expensive due to merge with AbbVie
Just a ruthless experience
Director of Clinical Contracts (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 5, 2017
When I made it through I was well compensated. But getting there was an exercise in walking through purgatory. I am stronger for it though.
Welcoming environment with a driven workforce
CTMS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 4, 2016
Extremely supportive managers provided guidance as well as pushed us to succeed all while promoting team work. It was evident from the start that the company cared for your well being.
Unstable and Unprofessional
Clinical Trial Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 28, 2016
I accepted a position moved my family out here after a less than stellar interview. I was promised that they would make up the lower pay rapidly with job promotion if I produced results.
Within less than six months I had senior directors thanking me for the stellar job.
The promised promotion to make up for the loss I took, never happened and over a year later never will happen.
Line managers lie to your face, gossip behind your back, spread inconsistencies ( aka lies), and talk to other try to hunt down personal information to manipulate. This is appalling.
Never have I seen this in a work environment to the degree. It is unprofessional boardering of discrimination lawsuits. I am just waiting to move on at a different company. Others have switched departments as frequent as every year just to get away for the rude and clueless upper management.
Pros
California weather
Cons
management clueless across the board
Very Toxic culture
IT Person (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 31, 2016
Managers take credit for employee work. No class when it comes to talking to people. They just dont care. Culture does not promote open communication. No growth, lack of promotion/raise unless you kiss-butt or are buddies with the manager.
Pros
some of the people
Cons
everything else
PCYC review
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 24, 2016
Fun, fast paced, great team and management. Recently acquired company, most enjoyable part was seeing everything come together on the Events team.
Was great for the first few years.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 21, 2016
No longer the company that I was happy at a few years back. Lots of Micromanagement from the new management. Poor culture and bullying going on within different groups.
Pros
Free breakfast on Fridays. Shuttle service from Northbay.
Cons
Clueless management
achieved something big, but at great cost to employees and their families.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 31, 2016
Culture of fear. Lack of leadership at most levels. Not a fun place to work for most. Lots of people are leaving, which is why so many jobs are available. Expect more of this.
Great people
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO HEAD OF MEDICAL AFFAIRS (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Greatly improved since new management took over. There are great people working there and the drug is amazing and doing great work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pharmacyclics, an AbbVie Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7