PharMerica Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I enjoyed working with everyone
Lead Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 23, 2018
I enjoyed working with everyone at pharmerica. From the Director to the co-workers, we worked together as a team. Eveyone was considered as family. I also enjoyed the teaching style of the Director.
no training, ancient billing system
IV Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 18, 2018
as an IV tech, had to do a LOT of billing, and system was totally complicated and out-dated. got no training whatsoever had to learn everything as I went. wasn't always someone around to ask for help, but was expected to figure it out on my own. very disorganized dept. definitely not a job for someone with no experience in IV's.
Pros
pay, benefits, rotating schedule
Cons
no training, complicated billing system
unless you've worked in IV field, don't apply
IV Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 11, 2018
they expect you to pick up their antiquated computer system right away. dump everything on you right away and expect you to know everything. not the place for someone just starting out.
Pros
benefits, no dealing with patients like retail
Cons
few, if any, breaks. no training
Do not work here
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 29, 2018
Management was really poor it is like high school. Pay was not good and they didn't really care about the employees. Long hours but the only good thing was the benefits and PTO .
Pros
good PTO and beniefits
Cons
managment, long hours, pay, drama
Prior Authorization Med D Biller
Clinical Hub PA Processor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 21, 2018
Quick and easy hiring process as long as you're well rounded in your work history to a related job description, its hands on training so real structured training class never exist until things start hitting the fan then they round you up in a one time limited conference room, in which you're constantly having to fight time for, so it creates inconsistency and lapses in full training. Also another downside is there little room for and or unclear incentive advancement.
Pros
Easy tasks to execute
Cons
Inconsistencty
great co workers and Pharmacists
IV/Narcotic Technician (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 20, 2018
The facility I worked at was a long term care pharmacy. I was there for 12 and a half years. Pharmerica is a nationwide company with many different types of pharmacies. I enjoyed my time there and would recommend this company to anyone looking to work in a long term care pharmacy.
worked crazy hours
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCMarch 6, 2018
worked crazy hours. management was poor. the company was very unorganized and all over the place. regional manager didn't care about the work environment
Not a wise choice
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 27, 2018
When employed, the policy they held seemed to be more important than the customers and employees needs. Not a family friendly place to work. This may have changed, but if overall corporate management is the same as it was 6 years ago, then they don't care about you.
Pros
Some lower management is nice.
Cons
Upper management non-cooperative
Stay away!
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 25, 2018
The pharmacy was very poorly managed. Management played favorites with employees. The work environment was very stressful and the employees were under appreciated. Management seemed to think you didn't have a life outside of work.
Pros
Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Management leaved a lot to be desired.
I loved it
Admissions Associate I (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COFebruary 20, 2018
I loved working there, the people and the supervisors were always great and in a great mood, even when the job would get a little stressful.
The hours and pay were a plus.
“You will be Sorry”
Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2018
I worked in the Pharmerica corporation less than a year as a contractor.There is no health benefits and paid holidays for contractors,Management change over is always problematic for the current employees,Job is not stable ,Always worrying if your job will be there next day or not.
Pros
Co workers are helpful and excellent
Cons
No Job stable and no notice period for the contractors if their contract ends .
I love my job
Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 17, 2018
Earned merit as a "star" employee. Lots of culture in work environment, lots of sharing and tasting food at work gatherings/ meeting, family comes first culture. Time management , performance, project management is a must. High level of responsibilities with many to rely on, a plus.
Workplace
Cash Posting Clerk I/Auditor/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 15, 2018
There was a lot of gossip at the job. One man show and some of the people were unprofessional. Some of the supervisors there would step on the other supervisor to get ahead.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Gossip
Easy going nice place to work
Software Developer III (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 11, 2018
Flexible hours and great people. They are working on some old technologies but the director of development is a great manager and is working intently on moving PharMerica into newer environment, specifically Azure.
work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILFebruary 11, 2018
very stressful work environment. high volnot much to learnume. good relationship with workers. not many opportunities to advance. okay pay to start.
benefits
Cons
pay
Na
Logistics Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2018
Perform the delivery tasks and pick-up of customer material in a polite, resourceful and professional manner Ensure documents are delivered and entered accurately Operate vehicle for the delivery of mail, supplies, products and materials
Pros
some
fast passed
claims reconciliation associate (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 6, 2018
Loved working for Pharmerica, I started as a temp and they bought my contract after a few weeks. High paced work environment with continuous work. Supervisors and management always on hand for any questions.
Wanted to stay with them as long as I could they started down sizing so my number came up
Medical Records Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 4, 2018
Would go in pick up what was in my mail box and start in putting the information into the computer. Management was good they was their if you needed them. The hardest part of the job was the end of the month when you had to do reprints.
I enjoyed with a bunch of good people.
Perfect place to be if you want to do nothing and get paid
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2018
I worked in the After Hour department and things are awesome if you are one of the favorites. We had a high call volume and no staff. Too many people including director outside smoking and not giving direction. Too many people not working and socializing. Not to mention everyone sleeping with each other including the manager living with one of the leads.

Perfect place to be if you want to do nothing and get paid
Fun place to work, but stressful and unfair
certified pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 2, 2018
Working here is laid back compared to retail because it is a closed-door pharmacy, but also very stressful because a lot of work is often placed on a skeleton crew. To add insult to injuriy, people with the least seniority bear the bulk of the burden (ie. longer hours, mainly having to work late, being forced to handle all the last minute discrepancies before closing). On the plus side, though, it is convenient that work is mainly allocated to a section of the pharmacy thus allowing streamlining of tasks rather than one person juggling most of the tasks before a medication is shipped out.
Pros
Laid back, benefits included
Cons
bias towards people with more seniority, stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PharMerica. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight