PharMerica Employee Reviews

productive place to work
Pharmacy Technician/Filler/Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KS 66214April 19, 2019
I started out as a filling technician, filling medications for facilities , then worked my way to filler of the cycle homes-then eventually my career took me to being the purchaser of the pharmacy and in charge of the pharmacies inventory on a regular basis
Pros
great work environment & people
Cons
raises not very good
Terrible place to work
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 19, 2019
I've been here very nearly 2 years and the management is terrible. There's very little communication between higher ups and the people working the floor so it's hard to know what's going on. They aren't fast to resolve problems and they ignore any suggestions. I have been promised a raise since I started and been denied over two years, according to others I work with they've been promising a cost of living raise for 4 with no results. The private collections department has an awful turnover rate because of issues with management but the "if you don't like it, leave" attitude continues. Everyone in this department is worked too hard and is too stressed out.
Na
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNApril 16, 2019
One of the pharmacist doesn't like me. She said that infront of my face. It doesn't matter what I do, she still don't like me. I feel discrimination. I bought this issue up to higher manager, he didn't take care off. The problem is still the same. They keep lossing more clients there.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor managerment
Great Atmosphere
Provider Relation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 8, 2019
A great place to work, everybody knows your name. The Upper Management was awesome. They treated the employees like they were important and make you want to come to work every day. It was definitely a place to want to come to work and get the job done. Leadership was phenomena;l
Pros
Pay, Compny Recognition, Lunc Ina
Cons
None- other than it closed
Not bad
Client Billing Associate I (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 3, 2019
I enjoyed my manager and supervisors. You have your assignment and you’re left alone to do your own work but management is always there if you have questions. Some of the leads like to micromanage specially the ones on the billing teams, they seem to think they’re the manager and they don’t like to help. Overtime is required at end of month. Insurance sucks. Stable because there is always work to do. Pay is average. You do get free food randomly and during EOM closings. Overall I give it a 3/5.
Pros
Learned a lot, plenty of work, free food
Cons
Pay, benefits, micromanaging
Good place
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 17, 2019
I enjoyed my time there and would go back with no problem. A lot of changes company wide when I left. Your experience really depends on your Manager at each location.
Professional office with casual environment
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHMarch 14, 2019
Overall it was a good company to work for but not much room for growth within the company. A passive aggressive approach to many work related issues. The upper management were willing to work with and aid in any problems.
Pros
Free Lunches
Good Culture
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 12, 2019
Worked in the Corporate HQ. Thought environment and people were great and pay was fair. However there was a lot of disconnect between upper management and employees.
Pros
Vending Machines, Break Room
White collar workshop
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COMarch 9, 2019
In this current job market; which is healthy at present. This would be the last place I would apply. Now if you are fresh out of high school or older and you think no one else wants you, this is the place for you. Basically they are pretty desperate for help. Unfortunately, the pay scale and the work load is definitely disproportionate.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Read review it says it all
bad for moral
Med D Biller / Medi-Cal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 7, 2019
the hardest working employees were not properly compensated for their hard work. They would promote employees who did not do their jobs and were "suck-ups". When something better came along, I jumped and ran!
Pros
was close to my home
Cons
poor moral and lack of recognition
It was an ok job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, PAFebruary 21, 2019
If management and the point system was better the job would have gotten 5 stars the company keeps you in the dark about things that go on they also have a terrible point system and they need to do more to protect the integrity of their workers
Worst in my 30+ years
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 17, 2019
If you have no morals, no ethics, enjoy demeaning and cheating people, can lie and convince clients of the lies, you will do fine at this company. If you have ethics and care about the patients you impact, do not let this company anywhere near your career.
Pros
Some really good co-workers
Cons
A company who protects criminals if they will continue to do their bidding
A typical day at PharMerica
MEDICAL RECORDS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 15, 2019
I enjoyed working at PharMerica due to the fact that it is really relaxing. Work schedules are very flexible. Supervisors are awesome! The only thing I dislike about this workplace is that the pay isn't enough to make a living.
Horrific
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 10, 2019
If you enjoy being micromanaged, treated as though you are brainless, vastly underpaid, majorly overworked, and a culture where the rules apply to some people some of the time, this is for you. If you are a smart, hardworking, ethical, moral, forward-thinking, highly-qualified professional, run as fast as possible in the other direction. If you are female, don't even consider this place for a nanosecond.
Pros
Some peers who make the days bearable
Cons
Quite literally everything else
Horrible IT Department
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 2, 2019
I have never had such a misfortune as to work in their help desk. Help Desk Managers almost out number actually help desk staff, there is no room for free thought, every situation as a documents handling procedure with many requiring notifying the Manager On-Duty, for them to handle even when the proper recourse is obvious. I would never recommend anyone working for this Help Desk team, truly one of the worst jobs I have ever had.
None--Not too sure about management
ADJUDICATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILJanuary 29, 2019
None Management was iffy Was hard to keep up ****** there were good times and bad times Pay was ok, co workers were nice, wished I could have worked there longer, but couldnot reach a resolution to a problem
Pros
Cons
Non
No just no
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 27, 2019
This company is a disaster run by people who have no idea how to do any of the grunt work. People are laid off left and right. Do not work here if you value your sanity or if you want a well paid job with a sense of security.
Pros
Cons
Management belongs in a zoo and turnover is insane
Not recommended-nurse consultant west region
nurse consultant (Former Employee) –  UsaJanuary 23, 2019
My only recommendation, run. Manager and senior are best friends, not capable of managing, self involved, completely inexperienced and unprofessional. Never available for assistance, would tell you to take care of issues yourself but would later send angry emails if they did not like how the situation was handled. Vice president of the department choose them for the position because he wants to control everyone while lying to everyone. Liked most of the other staff, but that was not enough to balance out the un-professionalism of the management. It reminded me of high school, not professional business work environment. People complained to HR but were silenced. Sad, sad situation. Had a great manager but once she left, it all fell apart.
Pros
flexible schedule from time to time
Cons
Everything else
Un realistic expectations
LTC prescription drug billing nation wide (Former Employee) –  Brockton MAJanuary 16, 2019
You were expected to work an abundance of accounts that was an unrealistic goal set. Received spreadsheet after spreadsheet whether you finished or not. Fixed nursing home data entry errors consistently.
Pros
Dont know
Cons
Low pay high insurance cost/deductible
Generally a good company to work for
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 14, 2019
The company was growing quickly, and there were some growing pains as a result. There was some disorganization in terms of obtaining information necessary to job performance.
Pros
They seem to promote from within.
Cons
Disorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PharMerica. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight