Phelps Dunbar LLP Employee Reviews

4.8
Ratings breakdown
Loved the atmosphere
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 18, 2017
By far the best attorneys to work for. The atmosphere at this place was great the entire 7 years I was employed there. The attorneys really care about staff.
Great location
Mail Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 23, 2017
Preis PLC is a great small office law firm, all staff are well experienced in multiple daily job duties, management is always on point, have had little to no problems adjusting to this firm.
Pros
overall nice place to work
Cons
Work slows up during the summer.
Good employer
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 4, 2017
This is a good place to work. Leadership is supportive and fair. Pay is fair. The workplace is comfortable and the staff is cooperative and supportive.
Very good firm
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 9, 2017
Phelps is a good firm. I worked here for 21 years. I learned a lot about litigation. My typical days was supporting 2-3 attorneys in the Litigation Department.
Pros
Ethical firm
Cons
Not as good as it was in the early days
Productive work place with very little supervision.
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasSeptember 29, 2015
Relaxed but professional office atmosphere. Very little micro-managing by attorneys and managers which allowed employees to work at their own pace and complete assignments without having anyone breathing down their necks. Entire office worked as a team and everyone was friendly and professional to each other. Monthly lunch meetings helped the office become a team.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
politics in the work place
Professional environment with great staff members.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70130March 3, 2014
Phelps Dunbar started in 1853 and has grown from one New Orleans office to 10 offices in 6 states. It offers excellent legal counsel in a variety of areas. Employees are compensated well and provided with an excellent benefits package and professional environment.
Provides multi-faceted services in different areas of law
Legal Assistant to Partner and 3 Associates (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 16, 2013
My position for the majority of my tenure with this firm was with the Litigation Department working with three attorneys. I was also assigned to support the firm's Admiralty Law attorney. I particularly enjoyed working with the Admiralty Law attorney and his practice as this provided me with additional learning experiences in a field other than commercial and insurance defense litigation. It was very interesting to learn about admiralty law and I welcomed the challenge and in particular working with this attorney who was in the process of entering the mediation aspects of law.

My last job assignment was as floating senior secretary assigned to the entire Litigation Department and to continue as support secretary for the Admiralty Law attorney.
Pros
Excellent salary and benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phelps Dunbar LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

Phelps Dunbar LLP Reviews by Location