Phelps Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you are a people person
Hostess/ cook (Current Employee) –  Holdrege, NEDecember 6, 2018
Great job if it had more hours and pay. Coworkers are great people. Drama isn’t to bad there. You work hard but get paid little and no overtime. You have to figure out how to make everyone happy and hope your boss is happy. They will tell you they are but turn around and say different to others.
Pros
Free lunches friendly people
Cons
Bad pay only yearly raises and no overtime
great energy the people are somewhat generous management isn't the best could be a lot better if they had the right team on board for my department
Patient Accounts Representative - Collection (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYOctober 3, 2018
The people are nice to work with overall

other than that all else is good
paid vacations holidays sick days
management can be better if they had the right person in charge of my department
benefits
Cons
management isn't the best
nice area
Transporter/ Information (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYDecember 1, 2018
Phelps hospital had very nice group of people to work with. Everyone was respectful. They are very resourceful. I wish they provided ore hours for the volunteer squad as well as compensation.
busy
RN/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYSeptember 6, 2018
busy; management intersted in $ more than quality care
fragmented departments
no support from management for staff
good primary care givers
too much politicas
Great staff, stressful work.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYMarch 25, 2018
The support staff I work with are amazing. They are helpful, kind and caring. I love the clients I work with. Currently they . have co-occurring disorders The biggest problem is that most units are terribly understaffed so it falls upon the people that are working. My job is manageable but when I have to do the work of 2 social workers, it is extremely stressful. It also takes the facility a long time to refill positions.

I would most likely remain at Phelps but due to the relocation of my family I am very eager to be in Charleston and working in a social work position there.
Pros
Great staff, rewarding job, good benefits
Cons
Stress of always being understaffed and no positive validation from your Supervisors.
Has potential but only if...
Specialty tech (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYAugust 6, 2018
Some staff still living in the past. Not willing to accept new leadership. Some departments like ED don’t treat techs with appreciation or respect! Retaliate against those who try to transfer out. Very cliquish, like a high school or prison. Unethical behavior at times. Corporate HR needs more hands on at this location
Pros
Now Northwell Health
Cons
Favoritism, nepotism, retaliation
good hospital
In Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYJuly 22, 2018
good hospital patients receive excellent care from the providers as well as the nursing staff. benefits include health, vision, dental, 401k , and discounts to events
Can be a bullying environment
Nutrition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Working at phelps you have to be strong minded individual. The environment carries a lot of bullying factors from management to employees. There is no true growth within the facility especially moving from one department to the next. there are rules and regulations in place to ensure that. In order to advance you must go back to school.
Pros
40% lunches. good benefits
Cons
disorganized HR and employee health
Don't do it
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYNovember 29, 2018
Don't work for this company unless you like being talked down to , disrespected, and down right aweful. Pros, not many , cons there are way to many to list.
Interesting place to work
HR Representative/Secretary/Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ossining, NYOctober 14, 2018
Unable to comment, it is against company policy nor do I believe it is an appropriate platform to discuss my review of my employer. It is a community hospital providing a service.
Pros
location
Cons
location
Good Place To Work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Ossining, NYMay 16, 2018
The Hospital provides good benefits and is constantly promoting health wellness. They also have events to award employees who have been working here for many years.
Good
Customer Service. Scope tech. (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOJune 13, 2018
Inconsistent income due to mandatory overtime and standby. Current manager very understanding when life events occur and willing to work with employees to resolve scheduling conflicts and life issues.
Productive and professional atmosphere
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYMarch 13, 2018
A typical day was exciting, face paced, and very professional. I have learned that day to day your going to deal with different personalities that sometimes come off rude and offensive, but as a professional I was able to remain professional. The hardest part of the job was telling a family member that their loved one as passed. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling that I have helped a person in medical need.
Pros
We always had food to eat and once a month had pot luck Friday's
Cons
Short lunch
Friendly
Meal Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591June 17, 2018
Overall the environment is friendly and welcoming. They are very thorough with training. I also like that they offer free or reduced cost for education.
great place
Sleep Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYJanuary 27, 2018
great place, wonderful co-workers and staff. wonderful benefits and reasonable scheduling. the hospital renovations are great and the patients are so personable it's a pleasure to serve them.
Good company to work for
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYMay 9, 2018
Great company to work for and many opportunities to move to other departments. Could be a bit stressful at times, not enough pay for the area we live in.
Productive, and awarding
E/N Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591July 27, 2013
I love my job, and I am focused on the positive outcome, and approach the problems might arise by finding solution, and that is contagious, often i find that everyone pulling team efforts, and look up to better performance.
The hardest part of my job is balancing 100% of bench work with 100% supervisory and management duties which I am so patient about, but as a human being it comes some moment that it is impossible for me to be in five places at the same time, because the clinical laboratory is required full attending to every little details, which it causing tremendous stress and pressure on me.

The most enjoyable part is when every thing is falling in place, and seeing that the staff is working as a team and following policies and procedures, and hearing physicians, and customers satisfactory remarks.
Pros
Free parking, and close to home, cleanliness, high standards and friendly culture.
Cons
My Supervisor position is not stating bench work, but I have to do it as full time, beside my supervisory position, and because the job is not required master degree, I am not paid fairly for my education!
Dynamic and challenging environment where all are committed to high professional standards.
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYMay 13, 2012
Provide administrative support to two busy Senior Executives and assist Executive Assistant to President & CEO as needed. Heavy calendar coordination and complicated meeting scheduling. Recording secretary for a number of subcommittees of the Board of Directors. Comparison and revision of a variety of contracts.

Expanded knowledge of meeting scheduling software, online survey creation. Report to Senior Vice President, Vice President of Business Development, and Executive Assistant to President & CEO. In addition to the Executive Assistant to President & CEO, the administrative support team includes two other assistants who support the VP of Support Services and the CMO.

The most difficult aspect of this job is time management. It is important to be able to respond to rapidly changing priorities throughout the day, while making certain that no task or responsibility gets neglected.

The most enjoyable aspect of this job is the sense of accomplishment and camaraderie that results from working with a strong team of professionals.
Pros
excellent work environment. excellent benefits.
Cons
under-resourced administrative support.
great for experience
Mental Health Worker (Aggressive Adults/Geriatric) (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYMarch 23, 2015
nurses on 1 South are great. advancement in job not so much. the new merge is hopefully opening up new jobs. majority of staff working is old. patients served is of an older age. overall Phelps is a great place to earn experience
Pros
able to change work schedule
Cons
salary
Favorite Hospital to work for
R.T II (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYJuly 21, 2015
Busy x-ray, OR, ER, pain management and mammography schedule. Sufficient number of techs employed to carry work load.
Family atmosphere and excellent benefits.
Diverse and well balanced professionals within the Radiology Department, as well as within other departments in the hospital.