Philadelphia 76ers

Philadelphia 76ers Employee Reviews

United States33 reviews
Although the office is very relaxed with sports equipment and a stocked pantry, most people get the job done at the end of the day. Fun place to work and potential for personal growth.
awesome, good people. Long hours, not good pay but it's basketball with good people and coaching.

good way to start if you are interesting in coaching
Typical work day consisted of meeting up at a sport facility in various locations by 8 am. The boss gave a overview of how the day will run and what station a coach would be in. The culture was friendly and competitive. The hardest part of the job was monitoring the younger groups because they would not pay attention to the drills. The most enjoyable part I would say is to see teams from different age groups compete and perform.
Pros
1 hr lunch break
Cons
limited in number of drills, and spending too much time in one drill
It has been a long time since I've been there and I had an entry level sales job. It was my first job out of college and I have nothing negative to say.
Like many others, I was drawn here by the prestige of the Sixers, as well as the opportunity to work on a growing brand. What I found however, was drastically different.

The pay for entry-level associates with a 4-year degree is minimum wage (in NJ, that's $8.60 an hour), with no flexibility or growth. To put that into perspective, a Walmart employee makes more for unskilled labor.

Often, I was spoken to like I was disposable and easily replaceable. Every day is a reminder that with or without you, the company will keep going. They brag about the culture here, but it's hardly present.

The employee turnover rate is very high, with people often leaving to pursue jobs that pay more; even after a few months here, I've been seeing cubicles empty out. The work we get is dull and redundant.

Weekly, we're told about how we operate as a family unit, but I'd say that things are more machine-like. It's not uncommon for management to ask people to work very late or on vacation (with no extra pay). Managers and producers will get recognized for work that associates slave over. I was told that the CEO casually walks around the office, but I hardly know what he looks like.

If they want to grow into this "international brand" with "high level content," then they need to listen to and properly incentivize their employees, because their internal practices are not sustainable. I can't stress it enough: Don't. Work. Here.
Pros
Free lunch every Tuesday and Friday, Benefits aren't bad, Community service projects are fun, Reputation of Sixers looks good on resume.
Cons
Horrendous pay, Oblivious, dishonest management and HR, Slow-moving company, High turnover, Toxic culture, Low 401K match.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Bring your children out to experience a life of change, education, and great times. Here you learn not only how to shoot a ball, also, to treat others with respect and admonition
With the internship I had, the days were somewhat long and repetitive, but the overall environment was competitive and enjoyable. There is room for growth, which is always good. I'd recommend this employer.
Teamwork and trust is all apart of the work culture here! Great place for someone looking to get a start somewhere in a very positive and upbeat environment!
I was an intern working with the marketing department. I often worked with other students to provide game day promotions to guests. This was a very fun experience.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Managament did not have clear direction
Great environment, everyone was friendly and fun to work with. Happy place to be and great people. Everyone is extremely welcoming and when you are new, they show you how to get the job done.
Responsible for teaching kids ages 9-17 the way to play the game properly by doing basketball drill stations.

Responsible for coaching girls and boys, and referring games against the youth that come to the camp from all over the world.
The 76ers culture was like nothing I have ever been apart of. They take work very seriously while not taking themselves too seriously. They have fun and work hard, and have the best sales staff and management team in all of pro sports.
A typical day at work is always great. I really enjoy going to work because I know that I serve a huge purpose there. I work to serve a purpose to make myself and everyone that I work with to gain knowledge about work. I also work and do what I can to make the company better in any ways. With my personality, I do my best to stay positive during tough times and I try to encourage coworkers to make it easier for them to stay positive during tough times.
Pros
Nice lunch breaks, great coworkers to communicate with
Cons
Usually no benefits
Great company to work for right out of college. This company requires you to wear multiple hats at times. However, you are able to increase your professional experience tremendously.
It was an internship so I hardly think any opinion is needed. I doubt I would be able to comment on the day to day experience there.
This is a great place to work with terrific management in both the lower and upper levels. The culture at this company is unparalleled and every day going to work is ensured to be a fun experience.
I started as an intern in October of 2015 and instantly fell in love with the atmosphere and culture of the office. Working with great people enhanced the experience and seeing behind the scenes at games was very interesting. The only thing I dislike about this job are some times the hours (games on weekends) are long and sporadic, as well as the promote from within idea. I don't think sales is my forte and it seems like a lot of the higher ups started in sales and worked their way up. Overall I think this would be a great company to work for especially since the 76ers are projected to only get better in the upcoming years.
Pros
Free lunch every once and a while, tickets to games, etc.
Cons
Long hours during season
I would report to a sponsorship account manager and aid him/her in whatever was on his/her plate for the day whether that be attend lunch meetings with potential clients, or gather contact information of additional clients. It was extremely rewarding to help set up presentations and pitches to potential clients and see them follow through.
Solid organization with a clear direction of re-branding and re-imaging the 76ers. Very nice and clean environment, but the success is tied to the team which means they can do better.
This was one of the most fun jobs that I've ever had.

I got to work for my favorite team....I grew up going to 76er games watching A.I., now I was getting a chance to meet some of the players from the current generation.

The people are all cool, and even though I was not apart of the daily duties, the game day portion of my job, as well as summer camp experiences were phenomenal.
Pros
Worked for awesome organization
I worked for 76ers camp for several years, and never had a complaint . I love working with kids and helping them get better at the sport that they love.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philadelphia 76ers. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2