Philadelphia 76ers Employee Reviews

Low paying, unengaging, and toxic. Don't come here.
Creative/Design (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 23, 2018
Like many others, I was drawn here by the prestige of the Sixers, as well as the opportunity to work on a growing brand. What I found however, was drastically different.

The pay for entry-level associates with a 4-year degree is minimum wage (in NJ, that's $8.60 an hour), with no flexibility or growth. To put that into perspective, a Walmart employee makes more for unskilled labor.

Often, I was spoken to like I was disposable and easily replaceable. Every day is a reminder that with or without you, the company will keep going. They brag about the culture here, but it's hardly present.

The employee turnover rate is very high, with people often leaving to pursue jobs that pay more; even after a few months here, I've been seeing cubicles empty out. The work we get is dull and redundant.

Weekly, we're told about how we operate as a family unit, but I'd say that things are more machine-like. It's not uncommon for management to ask people to work very late or on vacation (with no extra pay). Managers and producers will get recognized for work that associates slave over. I was told that the CEO casually walks around the office, but I hardly know what he looks like.

If they want to grow into this "international brand" with "high level content," then they need to listen to and properly incentivize their employees, because their internal practices are not sustainable. I can't stress it enough: Don't. Work. Here.
Pros
Free lunch every Tuesday and Friday, Benefits aren't bad, Community service projects are fun, Reputation of Sixers looks good on resume.
Cons
Horrendous pay, Oblivious, dishonest management and HR, Slow-moving company, High turnover, Toxic culture, Low 401K match.
Competitive environment
Sales Associate Academic Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2018
With the internship I had, the days were somewhat long and repetitive, but the overall environment was competitive and enjoyable. There is room for growth, which is always good. I'd recommend this employer.
Excellent work culture at 76ers
50/50 Raffle Seller (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2018
Teamwork and trust is all apart of the work culture here! Great place for someone looking to get a start somewhere in a very positive and upbeat environment!
It was fun
Marketing Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 7, 2018
I was an intern working with the marketing department. I often worked with other students to provide game day promotions to guests. This was a very fun experience.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Managament did not have clear direction
Loved it
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAAugust 17, 2017
Great environment, everyone was friendly and fun to work with. Happy place to be and great people. Everyone is extremely welcoming and when you are new, they show you how to get the job done.
76ers camp work day
Coach (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAJuly 16, 2017
Responsible for teaching kids ages 9-17 the way to play the game properly by doing basketball drill stations.

Responsible for coaching girls and boys, and referring games against the youth that come to the camp from all over the world.
No culture like the 76ers
Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2017
The 76ers culture was like nothing I have ever been apart of. They take work very seriously while not taking themselves too seriously. They have fun and work hard, and have the best sales staff and management team in all of pro sports.
Very productive and working hard
Marketing Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 1, 2017
A typical day at work is always great. I really enjoy going to work because I know that I serve a huge purpose there. I work to serve a purpose to make myself and everyone that I work with to gain knowledge about work. I also work and do what I can to make the company better in any ways. With my personality, I do my best to stay positive during tough times and I try to encourage coworkers to make it easier for them to stay positive during tough times.
Pros
Nice lunch breaks, great coworkers to communicate with
Cons
Usually no benefits
Wonderful Company
Marketing Intern, Sports Marketing (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 1, 2017
Great company to work for right out of college. This company requires you to wear multiple hats at times. However, you are able to increase your professional experience tremendously.
It was an internship so I hardly think any opinion is needed.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2016
It was an internship so I hardly think any opinion is needed. I doubt I would be able to comment on the day to day experience there.
Fantastic work environment with terrific culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 28, 2016
This is a great place to work with terrific management in both the lower and upper levels. The culture at this company is unparalleled and every day going to work is ensured to be a fun experience.
Fun work place experience for an intern
Corporate Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2016
I started as an intern in October of 2015 and instantly fell in love with the atmosphere and culture of the office. Working with great people enhanced the experience and seeing behind the scenes at games was very interesting. The only thing I dislike about this job are some times the hours (games on weekends) are long and sporadic, as well as the promote from within idea. I don't think sales is my forte and it seems like a lot of the higher ups started in sales and worked their way up. Overall I think this would be a great company to work for especially since the 76ers are projected to only get better in the upcoming years.
Pros
Free lunch every once and a while, tickets to games, etc.
Cons
Long hours during season
Extremely energetic work environment.
Sponsorship Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2016
I would report to a sponsorship account manager and aid him/her in whatever was on his/her plate for the day whether that be attend lunch meetings with potential clients, or gather contact information of additional clients. It was extremely rewarding to help set up presentations and pitches to potential clients and see them follow through.
Pretty good environment, but could be better
76ers Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2015
Solid organization with a clear direction of re-branding and re-imaging the 76ers. Very nice and clean environment, but the success is tied to the team which means they can do better.
Fun work environment with friendly people
Community Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2015
This was one of the most fun jobs that I've ever had.

I got to work for my favorite team....I grew up going to 76er games watching A.I., now I was getting a chance to meet some of the players from the current generation.

The people are all cool, and even though I was not apart of the daily duties, the game day portion of my job, as well as summer camp experiences were phenomenal.
Pros
Worked for awesome organization
Fun coaching kids
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 28, 2015
I worked for 76ers camp for several years, and never had a complaint . I love working with kids and helping them get better at the sport that they love.
Lots of work
Account Executive & Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2015
Working for a professional sports team is a lot of hours and a lot of phone calls. This job just wasn't for me. It was a short term period.
Pros
Free Happy Hours
Cons
A lot of hours
Productive work environment
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAJune 8, 2015
The Philadelphia 76ers camp is a wonderful place. The staff, interns, superiors, campers, and family create a family environment and bond that is unbreakable. All staff members are trained to be aware at all times and work as a team to complete daily tasks before deadlines.
Pros
free lunch, great pay, great environment
Great Culture, Questionable Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 26, 2015
I loved working the basketball team. It was a fun work environment with even better people all at the same point in their lives. We all wanted the same thing and that's to get out foot in the door within the industry. I say the management was questionable because it wasn't run like a workplace, but more like a high school class.
We could not communicate with any of the C-Level executives without checking with our direct manager, who then had to go through the department director, who then had to go through the VP of the department.
The training was great, but I felt as though if you were not successful within a certain amount of time you pretty much fell by the wayside with the managers, while they latched on to the more successful associates.
Pros
People, Culture
Nice Place...has changed
Dishwasher/Assistant Cook (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PASeptember 7, 2014
Overall great Summer work experience.

The location has since changed.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Not enough room for advancement.