Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Na
Admissions Recruiter Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 8, 2018
I really don't feel comfortable writing anything here. It is not my place to judge or unduly influence anyone about where they should or should not work.
A Good Company and Industry to gain experience
Assistant to Chairman of Biochemistry (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 3, 2018
It was a great starting point for an introductory into the healthcare industry. Administratively challenging as the workload was heavy at times but there was opportunity to gain knowledge about medicine and new developments in the healthcare industry as this was a teaching facility as well as a hospital. A pleasant environment and working with coworkers was enjoyable.
Pros
Paid educational courses and good salary increases.
Cons
Very slow during summer months.
run
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2018
no structure, no real training for new employees, management is horrible, management focuses on the things that don't matter than the important things a lot of favoritism
Pros
good employee perks
Cons
everything else
Good workplace!
Telephone Operator/Helpdesk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 23, 2017
I've enjoyed working at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. There was a nice atmosphere and great diversity. I was able to learn a great deal which I feel has added to my experience, which will benefit me when reaching out for future opportunities.
Pcom
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2017
Work Emergency medicinedeportment and it’s a good temp job the management and doctors are caring and fun they give you free parking pass each time you work
Fast past environment but manageable. Enjoyed the positive interactions with doctors and manager.
REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2017
A typical day starts out on a routine of staff gathering together to exchange ideas and plan and goal of the day. Working with a diversified environment had taught me how to communicate better and to be observant to the needs of the patients. Becoming more patient focused was what the main goal of the job. No one day is the same. There were days when all went well and there were days when it was more busy then usual. Working as a team and prioritizing makes it that much easier to handle and complete tasks. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction that I have help someone with a problem or situation, no matter how small or it it did not seem that it was important to me, but it meant a great deal to the patient or consumer.
Pros
Teaching and learning atmostphere
Great Place
Certified Medical Assistant (temporary worker) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2017
PCOM Family Medicine is a great place tp receive care. Not only is the staff welcoming but the Physicians do whatever they can to provide the most effective and efficient care possible.
Research Assistant
Research Lab Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 10, 2017
The lab researchers are great and friendly. They get a lot of productive stuff done in a short amount of time. New findings and research happen often and they release publications frequently.
Excellent place to get your career kickstarted
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2017
I work as a work-study student at PCOM and my lab is one of the busiest and hands-on research labs at the school. We are constantly trying different protocols and doing new experiments. The professors are all lovely to work with and super helpful. My coworkers are also fun and keep the place lively.
The people are amazing, very easy to work with
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2017
Great place to work. Everyone is always helping each other out when they are in need. Very respectful environment and every one is very easy to work with.
Mr review
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2017
Pcom offers their students & those that want to work there excellent things in the way of studying for greatly satisfying careers or for people that want to work for a excellent company, the chance to do so.
PCOM is great place to work!
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2016
I'm learning a lot in this Volunteer job, I like the people and is a nice working environment.
the ITS staff are great. when is time to work is work time but the people make tame go by fast and that's a good thing and get the Job done
Lively atmosphere, never a dull moment.
Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2015
Provided support as a Media Specialist for all PCOM "smart classrooms” and Audio/Video equipment
Responsible for ensuring that all PCOM video conference equipment (Polycom Video Units) was functional and operational at all times
Duplicated lectures onto DVD
Set up all video conference calls and meetings
Responsible for overseeing any outside vendors during troubleshooting or installation process of A/V equipment
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Temp position
Great academic and clinical experience
Physician Assitant Student (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2015
26 Month Physician Assistant Program:
- Didactic portion: 14 months
- Clinical portion: 12 months (8 clinical rotations)
Knowledgeable, dedicated and friendly environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 29, 2015
PCOM is a friendly place to work, with employees from the top to the bottom, who are dedicated and knowledgeable. It has a small college feel because it is a small professional medical school with a long history in osteopathic medicine. Over the last ten years and into the next ten, it has focused on growth beyond osteopathic medicine.
Great Medical School
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2015
I learned many skills needed to be a successful medical student through the biomedical program!

Pros: Work-study

Cons: Tuition is high
Working wth Students/Regisration,
Psychology Department Secretary II (Former Employee) –  City Line Avenue, Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2014
Day at work, Answered phones, ran errands, did photocopying,

What I learned, was more phone skill(s), interacting with students as they came to register for the PSYD-Department, also had to put folders together for orientation for students., worked a lot with mail merge.

Management: was ok,

The Co-worker was Ok, I had to work with someone, who reported to her supervisor, co-worker gave me my assignment, and reported back to the Boss about the assignment(s).

The hardest part of my job was trying to stay focus, and get the task done quickly and efficiently.

Interacting with Staff and Students, when the time permitted itself.
Pros
Learend more skills, and more interaction with people.
Cons
The Lady reported everything that I did back to the Manager, whether it was right or wrong.
Very Creative place to work
Administrative Assistant and Faculty Support (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GASeptember 20, 2013
Enjoyed working at PCOM for over 3 years , friendly management and not too many micromanaging involved.
The employees are friendly and very helpful.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2013
It is a great place to work. The management team is outstanding!
Great school and up and coming.
Clinical Administrator/Proctor (Current Employee) –  GAAugust 9, 2013
Very busty working with students, processing letters and communicating with co-worker.